[USED Suggestion] New Class Prophet.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rem.9627

Rem.9627

HERE IS THE OLDER YET SAME POST FROM A YEAR OR TWO AGO:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/archive/suggestions/New-Class-Concept-Prophet-Updated/first#post3341724

Prophet: A control class that uses its mid to high range damage and status effects to gain the edge on the battlefield, ripping conditions and boons off of allies and enemies alike using their mists born powers.
[[Attachments at bottom]]

W E A P O N S:
MAIN HAND:
Dagger
Sword
Shield

OFF HAND:
Dagger
Sword
Shield

TWO HAND:
Great Staff (Scythe)
Staff

ARMOR:
Heavy

SPECIALIZATION:
Mists Energy: The energy of the mists flows through you. Allowing the use of Mists based attacks, can be stacked up to 25.

S K I L L S
Dagger:
Main hand:
1.AUTO:
1st: Slash: hit up to three foes in front of you. Moderate Dmg.
2nd: Double tap: 2 hits on a single target. High Dmg.
3rd: Rip: 2 hits AOE, Weakness on second strike. Low Dmg.

2. SYNC 4s cd, Low to Moderate Dmg.
Stab your foe gaining their boons and conditions. [Does not steal boons, matches them up to 3 stacks max can be traited for total stacks.]

3. REPEL 10s cd. Moderate Dmg.
AOE Arc attack that transfers conditions to enemies and boons to allies within 600.

Offhand:
4. QUICKENING 7s cd. Moderate Dmg.
Consume your conditions and conditions of allies around you converting them to 1 “Mists Energy” stack. [AOE animation a kin to leaping death blossom with bits of mists energy.]

5. AZURE EDGE8s/5s/3s cd. Requirement: 1/2/3 Mists Energy. Low to High Dmg.
Release Mists Energy through your blades around you, chilling and burning enemies and giving regeneration to allies.
1 M.E.
Aoe Fire 1s
No chill
No Regen

2 M.E.
Aoe fire 3s
Chill 3s
Regen 3s

3 M.E.
Aoe fire 5s
Chill 5s
Regen 5s

Sword:
Main Hand:
1.AUTO:
1st: Slash your foes. Moderate Dmg.
2nd: Slash again. Moderate Dmg.
3rd: Stab single target gaining 1 Mists Energy. High Dmg.

2. HARVEST 6s cd. Moderate Dmg.
Teleport to your foe and deliver 5 strikes. Stealing one boon.
Stun 1s. Immobilization 1s.

3. ENTWINE 8s cd. Low to Moderate Dmg.
Stab your sword deep into your enemy leaving it in their torso.
For 5 seconds any conditions given to you are given to the enemy. Gain 1 Mists Energy.
Torment 5s.

3. SNARE Requirement: ENTWINE to be used first. Low to Moderate Dmg.
Pull the enemy towards you stripping its boons. 900 range.

Offhand:
4. AZURE WAVE 3s cd. Requirement: 5 Mists Energy. Moderate Dmg.
Send out a horizontal AOE cone wave slash.(much like mesmer but smaller.)
Burning and Chilling foes and giving might to allies for every enemy hit.
Knockback. Burn 10s. Chill 4 1/2s. Might 12s.

5. AZURE ZEPHYR 10s cd. High Dmg.
Slice and stab your foe with both blades quickly.
Quickness 1 1/2s.

Shield:
1.AUTO
1st: Jab your foe twice. Low Dmg.
2nd: Jab your foe twice. Moderate Dmg.
3rd: Bash small chance to stun. High Dmg.

2. ABSORB 8s cd.
Block incoming attacks gaining 2 Mists Energy.
Block 2s. 2 Mists Energy.

3. ANIMUS 7s cd. Requirement: 2 Mists energy. Moderate to High Dmg.
Stun your foe and hit them three times on the third hit knockback.
Stun 1 1/2s. Knockback. Confusion 1s.

Offhand:

4. ABSORB same as above.

5. AZURE WALL 20s cd. Requirement: 5 Mists Energy. Low Dmg.
Slam both shields into the ground raising an aetheric barrier that pulls enemies towards it stripping their boons and knocking them back. Anyone inside field receives those boons for as long as field is up. [Looks like Guardian shield bubble.]
Combo Field 10s. Pull. Knockback. Strip.

Great Staff (Scythe):
1. AUTO
1st: Deliver a three hit AOE. Moderate to High Dmg.
2nd: Deliver a two hit AOE. High Dmg on second hit. Bleed 3s.
3rd: Deliver a 3 hit spiral of AOE carnage. Low to Moderate Dmg.
1st hit: Bleed 2s. 2nd hit: Bleed 2s. 3rd hit: Torment 1s. 1 Mists Energy

2. MIST WALK 8s cd. Requirement: 1 Mists Energy. Moderate to High Dmg.
Harness the energy of the mists and shadow step leaving a blade trail behind you [Works just like whirlwind.] Gain 1 Mists Energy for each enemy hit. Ripping conditions and boons off of your foes and conditions off of your allies.
Cripple 3s.

3. REAVER 8s cd. Moderate to High Dmg.
A quick 7 hit AOE combo that transfers all conditions to foes, cannot move while casting. [A kin to 100 blades.]
Knockback AOE sweep on last hit. Gain 2 Mists Energy.

4. WYLD REAP 7s cd. Low to Moderate Dmg.
Unleash a two hit AOE swing pulling in enemies within 500 radius.

5. AZURE ONSLAUGHT 15s cd. Requirement: 5 Mists Energy. High Dmg.
Deliver a devastating 9 hit combo to a single foe. [Like REAVER but much higher Dmg.]
With each hit: Burn 1s AOE Chill 1s AOE. Might 10s AOE allies. Last Hit: Knockback AOE.

Attachments:

(edited by Rem.9627)

Rem.9627

LORE and Other skills:

Lore: Prophets of the end times, a mysterious cult order born from the mists whom was thought to be legend only appearing at the awakening of the dragons. It is unclear whom they serve, but it is clear that they come in Tyria’s time of need. They do not worship gods or nature but the infinite energy of the mists and everything within it, to them everything is sacred. They seemingly posses knowledge of future events as if lived first hand, they also claim to be able to “jump between dimensions of here and now and there and when,” their goal is stopping what they call Irkalla, or the great void, nothingness, a place of no return. Irkalla has claimed many existences in which the dragons were not stopped.

Heal:
AZURE SERGE 20/30s/35s cd.
Use the energy of the mists to heal yourself. Each stack of Mists Energy heals for more and provides bonuses.
0: 4,000 heal.
1-3: 5000-6,500 heal. Regen and Retaliation 3s.
4: 7,200 heal. Regen and Retaliation 5s, transfer 2 conditions. Gain 3 Mists Energy

HEALING HYMN Passive 0s cd. Active 20s cd.
Chant using the mists energy to heal over time transferring a condition every 40s.
Passive: Healing: 200\300\400\500. a second. (Can be Improved by Mists Energy 0\3\5\7.)
Active: Healing 2,500. For 5s Your attacks return 10% of damage as health. Cure up to 3 conditions.

Utility:
SIGNET OF DOMINATION Passive 0s cd. Active 35s cd.
Passive: All control effects last 20% longer. Increase endurance regeneration. Gain 1 Mists Energy every 30 seconds.
Active: AOE explosion knockback. [Kinda like when one levels up/Stomp.]
Chill 5s. Stun breaker. Removes movement impairing effects. Swiftness 5s

SIGNET OF PROPHECY Passive 0s cd. Active 30s cd.
Passive: Improves Power and Percision.
Active: Fury 10s. Might5 10s. Gain 1 Mists Energy.

SIGNET OF SOULS Passive 0s cd. Active 60s cd.
Passive: Improves movement speed by 25% and decreases damage taken by 5%.
Active: Revive nearby downed player. Gain 5 Mists Energy.

ELYSIUM 50s cd.
Mists teleport to target. Your next 2 attacks stun.
Stun 1 1/4s.

PURGE 40s cd.
Remove all conditions gaining an opposite boon for each condition removed.

FORESIGHT 60s cd.
For 4 seconds any incoming control effects are reflected back to its source.

HYMN OF SPEED 60s cd.
Quickness 6s. Incoming damage increased by 5%. Endurence Regen Decreased by 10%. Lose 1 Mists Energy.

AZURE AURA 90s cd.
Gain 5 Mists Energy. Split into three, two of which being Mists Distortions (parallel dimension you’s) If one of the Mists Distortions is hit: stealth 5s. [Each of the three looks like they are affected by quickness as they split up. i.e wavy and foggy. They go through the attack animations but only the real one does damage.]

Elite:
SACRAFICE 160s cd.
For 15 seconds you take all damage and conditions for one targeted ally. Gaining 10 Mists Energy.

PROPHETIC CHANT 90s cd.
For 10 seconds future events flood your mind as words spill from your lips. Giving you insight to combat every three seconds.
One of these at random every 3 seconds: Aegis 5s. Quickness 3s. Vigor 3s. Fury 3s

(edited by Rem.9627)

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

The Prophet should also be able to ride a mount with the default being a Hype Train.

Why? Because Prophet.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Rem.9627

The Prophet should also be able to ride a mount with the default being a Hype Train.

Why? Because Prophet.

This is actually an old concept, with Rytlock being the way he is…I wonder if they listened to me all those years ago. /ponder

Posted by: niea.7504

niea.7504

W E A P O N S:
MAIN HAND:
Dagger
Sword
Shield

OFF HAND:
Dagger
Sword
Shield

Dual wielding shields sounds awesome!

Posted by: Mishee.5719

Mishee.5719

+1 on this idea. Like the concept art too =)

Rem.9627

I also think it would be cool to use some of the audio clips that only guardian uses….when using a tome…especially on signet of souls. crosses fingers for this class becoming reality with some balancing

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

I like it. Some of the utilities sound a bit too good but over all interesting concept and cool art work. Mist energy sounds rather similar in function to adrenaline though (better, in fact. I wish warrior did more with adrenaline but they seemed to see the need to limit warrior capability).

Nice work. Hope my comments might be useful.

Rem.9627

I like it. Some of the utilities sound a bit too good but over all interesting concept and cool art work. Mist energy sounds rather similar in function to adrenaline though (better, in fact. I wish warrior did more with adrenaline but they seemed to see the need to limit warrior capability).

Nice work. Hope my comments might be useful.

Firstly your comment was VERY appreciated and loved.

The idea did in fact come from adrenaline at first….with some skills being locked behind a(n) cost. Then it turned into its own boon that stacks up to 25…it would be nice if this boon gave an aura that intensifies with every stack visually, so that other players could tell when and how to counter-play some of its abilities.

Its similar yet different to adrenaline…I think it has enough flavor to stand on its own.

Cheers.

Posted by: William C.6195

William C.6195

This is basically a Dervish from GW1.

NA/EU: Auldon/Auldone
[feat]

Rem.9627

Eh, not entirely…dervish had more of a avatar of ____ god feel… this is more of a mage/warrior with a homage to dervish.

Posted by: Oldirtbeard.9834

Oldirtbeard.9834

This sounds almost like a Mistborn, from a book series written by Brandon Sanderson.

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

the signets sound op as all hell, and the burning and chill duration it has on a lot of it’s weapon attacks are too long. And a lot of the utilities would literally allow it to stun lock people in pvp.

Rem.9627

the signets sound op as all hell, and the burning and chill duration it has on a lot of it’s weapon attacks are too long. And a lot of the utilities would literally allow it to stun lock people in pvp.

I will say the numbers are just for example…but the feel is close to home… needs to be balanced is an understatement…. so please just take it for what it is..a concept/rough draft. I am however (and the point was) making this topic to have the community help with constructing it in a more lore friendly balanced away. Ideas are on the table for discussion.

A Massive Headache.1879

I will say the numbers are just for example…but the feel is close to home… needs to be balanced is an understatement…. so please just take it for what it is..a concept/rough draft. I am however (and the point was) making this topic to have the community help with constructing it in a more lore friendly balanced away. Ideas are on the table for discussion.

ok then. as a concept it seems fine, I feel a few more skills could use up mist points and some of the chains, the last hit would deal more damage than the first. I do wonder if having the ability to consume conditions from allies, and copy them from enemies, how that would work with necros ability to do similar. And would the mist points degen out of combat?

Rem.9627

Yea they would degen outside of combat, I like some things about the signets and I know others are a bit too…extreme. How would you fix these signets?

Yea it would allow stun locks in pvp but it would also mean that Anet would have to develop new stun breakers, ideally this class is needed more so in a pve environment with bosses having defiance so high it will make your head spin.

Also if Anet would finally decide to separate pvp pve and wvw we could have some nice similar yet different abilities for every class. Anyways please post what you think would be a nice change for the skills you think are op.

A Massive Headache.1879

I think my biggest issue with signets are that most of them only have 1 effect, as in most of the 25% movement speed ones are that and then the active. Also, it sounds like this class would have a great deal of access to quickness, which out too much of a drawback.
And I’m not entirely sure about this, but I remember reading that they wanted to avoid the ability to stunlock, I don’t know how long ago or how accurate that is.

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Personally, I consider it a bit futile when people post profession suggestions with complete or near-complete skill lists. ArenaNet is unlikely to take anyone’s suggestions verbatim, and this sort of structure can end up hiding the forest from the trees – for instance, I didn’t register the significance of the mist stacks until I saw it mentioned by other posters and went looking for it.

Instead, I’d advise using a format similar to the official profession pages – give a description of what the profession does and what special skills and mechanics it has, and use just a handful of skills in order to demonstrate how it works in practise.

So, widening back and looking at the bigger picture:

On first reading, all the ‘azure’ references were making me think of the guardian, since azure is pretty much the guardian’s colour. This goes doubly since a lot of the skills with that name looked quite guardian-like in nature. The management of stacks of mist energy probably means it’ll play more like the dervish than the guardian, but I’d suggest either using a different colour – the Mists were associated with a blue-green colour close to cyan in the GW2 ritualist, so an impressive-sounding colour close to cyan might be a better bet, such as turquoise or viridian.

My gut feeling here is a bit of a mix between the theme of the ritualist and the playstyle of the dervish, translated into GW2 mechanics. There’s potential there – I’ve maintained for a while that the dervish playstyle is something which could be, but hasn’t yet been, translated into GW2. However, from a lore perspective I’d advise simply concentrating on the ‘power from the Mists’ aspect and not put too much loading on them all being part of an organisation with shared beliefs – the only profession-based organisation we’ve even had hinted at in GW2 is the Mesmer Collective, and that’s not all-encompassing, nor is there any solid evidence that it actually extends beyond humans. Give the profession a power source, but don’t dictate to players what their characters’ ideals and beliefs are.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

Rem.9627

THEY STOLE MY IDEAAA nah but they loook like they used peieces of it. BUMP

Posted by: Liz.1497

Liz.1497

I have to confess that I thought of this when I heard the announcement, however… have you posted this before somewhere else? Because if it’s genuinely only 7 days old… come on, you don’t really think they’d come up with a class concept (even a rough one… even if some of it is “inspired”), build up to it in the game for weeks and develop trailers all in 7 days?

Rem.9627

I have to confess that I thought of this when I heard the announcement, however… have you posted this before somewhere else? Because if it’s genuinely only 7 days old… come on, you don’t really think they’d come up with a class concept (even a rough one… even if some of it is “inspired”), build up to it in the game for weeks and develop trailers all in 7 days?

Better yet heres my old posts https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/archive/suggestions/New-Class-Concept-Prophet-Updated/first#post3341724

The original topic is over a year or two old in the suggestion forum they erased look at my older posts.

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

Don’t forget they already had a class like this in GW1.

Rem.9627

heres how u know they were inspired by my idea…wait to see some of the skills.

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

heres how u know they were inspired by my idea…wait to see some of the skills.

Judging by which legend you are using influences what skills you use, it seems more akin to the elementalist mechanics combined with a ritualist.