[Suggestion] New Gathering Tool Knife

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kingsdavid.3598

Kingsdavid.3598

So the main problem (for me, don’t know about you) is framing Leather and Cloth in this game. So my suggetion is to add a new gathering tool that Skins Leather out of dead animals and cut Cloth (of dead humanoid’s clothing).
And I know that you can get alot of Cloth and Leather from salvging items you don’t need but if you want a guaranteed (atleast1) Cloth or Leather from low end tries (like Linen) it’s a very annyoing and frustrating progress to get them out of the bags or other trops.

Posted by: Gop.8713

Gop.8713

Don’t farm leather and cloth. Farm gold and buy . . .

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Essentially skinning, like they have in WoW?

I know people complain about prices but if you could get guaranteed leather from each animal killed or cloth from each humanoid killed wouldn’t prices hit vendor values in a short time?

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

So the main problem (for me, don’t know about you) is framing Leather and Cloth in this game. So my suggetion is to add a new gathering tool that Skins Leather out of dead animals and cut Cloth (of dead humanoid’s clothing).
And I know that you can get alot of Cloth and Leather from salvging items you don’t need but if you want a guaranteed (atleast1) Cloth or Leather from low end tries (like Linen) it’s a very annyoing and frustrating progress to get them out of the bags or other trops.

This will never happen. We already have cloth and leather nodes in WvW (and you can buy ones for Home as well) that use the sickle.

As for salvaging, you can buy salvage items from the TP that yield 2 different tiers of cloth/leather, with the exception of the Unstable ones that have a chance to yield any tier.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Guaranteed? No. Even I agree with the RNG angle on this one.

Yes, current harvesting guarantees a result. Herbs, wood, berries, ore, etc., but guaranteed drops of a given item would be a large shift in the source of leather/cloth.

It could be a mixed drop. Sometimes you get 1c vendor trash (ruined hide), sometimes you get T5, and on rare occasion you get T6. The average needs to be a best 1 T5 per 10 skinnings.

Additionally, there is the visual clutter that would be created by having to leave bodies around.

The idea itself is nice. I know they have something similar for specific sources in Rift. Not sure it could be implemented here without a lot of changes that Anet probably doesn’t want to make.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!