[Suggestion] New item to help new toons.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: evildeadjunky.1576

evildeadjunky.1576

Well. I thought of this idea and wanted to see how others felt about it and maybe A-net will see this too.

But I have like 34 characters and such. But what is the pain is running them around to get Waypoints to actually use around the maps and such.

So I had the idea of why not for for an item that gives access to all the waypoints on the map? The Original Tyria map, not the new stuff and the expansion.

The asura most likely have all these points plotted down. So it could work two ways really if Anet wanted to implement it. They could make an Item for the store called like “Asura Waypoint Map” that grants all the wayppints of when the game first came out. Or. They could have a Asura mapper in every zone that you could pay gold for to get a map of just that zone for the waypoints to be unlocked.

What are your guys thoughts?

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

This has been brought up many many times, and I still don’t agree. If you want to play the game play the game. The era of participation trophies is coming to end, thankfully.

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

The search function doesn’t work, but google is your friend. Variations of this have been suggested many times.

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

I don’t agree. As was said above, the point of the game is to play it.

Yes, this has been brought up before, but I am assuming not everyone has seen it and it isn’t hurting people new to the forums or those that missed it before to see it again.

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

I suggested something similar, too, in the past.

A waypoint unlock item from the gem store so players flush with gems can unlock WPs to specific core regions but nothing else toward map completion.

400 gems for, say Shiverpeak’s waypoints on one character seems like a reasonable exchange for those players who want to WP to a new area right now on a new character.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

And will this Gem Store item or NPC item negate Map Completion rewards? Because it should. Not only Map Completion rewards, but World Completion rewards, as well.

I suppose if players were willing to forego all Map/World Completion rewards, it would be ok…

Good luck.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

As said above. You get unlocks without doing the work on that char and that char should not get map completion rewards or Gift of exploration. If you’re ok with that then go for it.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

If all waypoints are unlocked then it should negate that character from ever earning gifts of exploration.

I don’t have an issue if only a single WP next to a predetermined (by Anet) zone portal was unlocked similar to what they’ve done with the starter zones. It makes it easier for players to play a specific map but doesn’t give them an advantage when actually completing a map.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)