[Suggestion] New players & Whispering

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Yoroiookami.3485

Yoroiookami.3485

Please give us an option to enable being whispered to by people who are new to the game, but have free accounts. It would work like a filter. I often try helping new players, but since free account owners can’t use neither map chat nor whisper other people, they can’t really ask for help.
Thanks.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Free accounts can whisper other people. They are limited to whispering people in the same map as them (or mutual friends) and starting 1 new conversation every 30 seconds, but they can do it.

And if you whisper them first then the once per 30 seconds limit doesn’t apply – they can whisper back to you and start a conversation with someone else immediately.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Bomber.3872

Bomber.3872

This restriction is one of the best! Just write in mapchat that you give out some free items to new f2p player and that they only have to whisper to you.

After that immediatly switch map and have fun

IGN: Euer Verderben
[RUC] Riverside United Corps! For Riverside!

Posted by: Yoroiookami.3485

Yoroiookami.3485

Free accounts can whisper other people. They are limited to whispering people in the same map as them (or mutual friends) and starting 1 new conversation every 30 seconds, but they can do it.

And if you whisper them first then the once per 30 seconds limit doesn’t apply – they can whisper back to you and start a conversation with someone else immediately.

Oh, I didn’t realise that. Thanks.

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

This restriction is one of the best! Just write in mapchat that you give out some free items to new f2p player and that they only have to whisper to you.

After that immediatly switch map and have fun

Guild Wars 2 has a great community.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”