[Suggestion] No camera zoom on downed state

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I play with my camera zoomed all the way out for the biggest field of vision. What irks me is when I get downed and my camera auto-zooms in on my character like it’s some dramatic cinematic push-in on the hero. It’s distracting and reduces my field of view. Can it not do that please?

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: Reanne.5462

Reanne.5462

I second this motion. How am I supposed to target something to rally, if all I can see is the ground or the backside of my characters face… spinning and zooming.. that doesn’t happen in real life as far as I can tell…

Posted by: Lucky Shot.7650

Lucky Shot.7650

As far as I know in real life you don’t get a downed state if you get shot in the face or are caught into an explosion.

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

A long time ago a bug popped up and it caused this zooming in when entering the downed state issue. The bug was soon fixed and we had peace for many months.

Several patches ago this issue of the camera fully zooming in on your character when entering the downed state got re-added to the game once again. There were several threads in the bugs section asking it to be fixed yet again, but our pleas have so far gone unheard.

Hopefully this behavior will be corrected once again in an upcoming patch.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |