Suggestion : Nodes for scraps of cloth

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Merithamos.9076

Merithamos.9076

Hello,

Same suggestion i written in the german forum. Why not implement nodes for the scraps of cloth in the open world, in the form of dolyaks, llamas, jute-plants, silkworms or other cloth givers. Like the basic cloth rack in the gemstore.

Thanks for reading, and sorry if you found english errors.

Attachments:

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

Actually, we have a node for scraps (Basic ones), but sadly, it is locked behid gem store for home instance only.

Posted by: MiniEquine.6014

MiniEquine.6014

Hello,

Same suggestion i written in the german forum. Why not implement nodes for the scraps of cloth in the open world, in the form of dolyaks, llamas, jute-plants, silkworms or other cloth givers. Like the basic cloth rack in the gemstore.

Thanks for reading, and sorry if you found english errors.

I could see implementing giving cloth as random loot drops from killing humanoid cloth-wearing creatures. As far as the animals go, they should include some type of material that can be converted into cloth (probably from the Tailoring profession). Damask is at all-time highs right now, and compared to the other 3 materials it is ridiculous.

Posted by: Blair.3796

Blair.3796

I personally like the idea, but would be surprised if they implemented it. Cloth is not especially hard to get, and adding these nodes for free would devalue the gemstore items. Anet is not typically in the practice of making things easier and less expensive to acquire.

As a tangent, I consider the gem store nodes to be a terrible waste of money. 800 gems is ~100 gold on a good day. For how many days do you have to harvest your copper or your wool or your jute or your soft wood logs to make up that ~100 gold cost and finally start earning free materials?

Back during the festival of the four winds, I bought the watchwork node for tokens. Even taking possible comparative price into consideration, I’m making ~25-30 silver per day in sprockets not counting any extra blade shards I get. Considering it only cost tokens to get, I consider this one a valuable investment.

Sorry for turning your question into a rant.
TL;DR I agree with you that cloth nodes in the open world would be nice to have.

Posted by: Merithamos.9076

Merithamos.9076

My idea was not to kill these animals. More to go near them and press “f”, or they could intoduce a new gathering tool “scissors”. And new gathering tool = more money for them in the Gemstore :P