[Suggestion] Normal version of raid

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kam.4092

Kam.4092

Right now will be the hard version.

The normal version can be called story mode so everyone can do it and see the place.

Also the normal mode will just drop exotic stuff.

Keep the ascended stuff in the hard mode

Posted by: cupcakesandcatnomz.3924

cupcakesandcatnomz.3924

No, just git gud or go home, wanna be a casual? Go play dungeons, raids are for the big boys!

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

Raid is now where it should be, it is a Raid and not something like Blizzards LFR Raiding, it is supposed to be Challenging.
Remember that the Raid was advertised as " Challenging Grouo Content". Having an easy Mode would just make the " Challenging Group Content" Void.

My advise is to get a good Group, stay with them and play the Content the Way it is intended.

Posted by: warbignime.4610

warbignime.4610

Umm that would take away whole point of raid. They are meant to be hardcore content, if you want an easy mode of raid then we also want hardcore version of dungeons.

Some must fight so that all may be free.

Posted by: SonOfJacob.7396

SonOfJacob.7396

No, just git gud or go home, wanna be a casual? Go play dungeons, raids are for the big boys!

© CupcakesAndCatnomz 2015

Posted by: Katta Castellum.3957

Katta Castellum.3957

there probably should be. generally speaking, it’s bad game design to have content locked to the majority of your player-base.

as long as the reward is lower. wow did it right with the sliding scale and different tiers of reward. sure, you could use “looking for raid” all day but you didn’t as good of loot.

Posted by: Barzhal.2640

Barzhal.2640

there probably should be. generally speaking, it’s bad game design to have content locked to the majority of your player-base.

as long as the reward is lower. wow did it right with the sliding scale and different tiers of reward. sure, you could use “looking for raid” all day but you didn’t as good of loot.

Exactly, why would Anet now, after many years of making accessible content, decide they need content that the majority of players can’t do? GW1 had it right – there was hard more and dungeons that were challenging, but with enough practice they were doable. Why not make tiers for the raids? What advantage does exclusive content give to anyone? The elitists feel quite elite? This sudden change of content is atypical for guild wars in general and I’m not sure it’s well received.

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Umm that would take away whole point of raid. They are meant to be hardcore content, if you want an easy mode of raid then we also want hardcore version of dungeons.

Not a bad idea. Give hardcore players more options. Give everybody more options.

Posted by: CindyKa.6137

CindyKa.6137

""No, just git gud or go home, wanna be a casual? Go play dungeons, raids are for the big boys!""
Seen many post from you about dungeons. So I guess you were a causal then and just recently became a “big boy”
Unless your use of “big boy” is an attempt at hiding being insults towards others hoping to conceal something about yourself. Then by all means you may continue, for some people that is all they have.

Posted by: GangNamTwo.9780

GangNamTwo.9780

Really no point to argue here. If the game wants to sell HoT expansion to me and my friends then do what the OP suggested. If not, cool. We are more than happy to wait till HoT becomes free, and new level cap is 90.

We no got time to grind. Would have paid to play now.

But happy to wait and play for free.

Posted by: Leohart.4610

Leohart.4610

Look at you and your big kitten. Did you take some of those Ron Jeremy pills

@OP raids are raids, but I see where you’re coming from. There could be difficulty settings and that’d be pretty dank. Actually really dank. Like dank af.

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

Is this really the reason behind all the raid qq’ing? Because “casuals” just want to see what it’s like besides first boss?

GangNamTwo.9780

Yep, dank OP.

I am really happy many Mmorpgs are going the grind route. It holds grinders to pay for all development cost.

Right now I just reactivated WoW sub, paid $4.95 for all old WoW expansions and having fun cruising easy mode, looking to duo raid dungeons with my best bud so we don’t need to deal with guild politics for fun and mounts. EQ free old expansions and free high level mercy are hoping to get my attention. I have ladies calling me. Hahahahha so it may be a while I can muster the time to, um, play HoT.

OK. Happy all the mmorpgs are employing grinds. It enables casuals to have a ball, have good lives, and not pay much moola. Yay for capitalism and mmorpg monetization system!

Thank you very much! Leet dudes

(edited by GangNamTwo.9780)

Posted by: Khyan.7039

Khyan.7039

No thanks. FFXIV have done something similar and it’s totally pointless. Thanks god Gw2 don’t do the same thing. Deal with it.

GangNamTwo.9780

Ok adding FFXIV to mmorpg raid rotation.

Posted by: Acosn.7861

Acosn.7861

Right now will be the hard version.

The normal version can be called story mode so everyone can do it and see the place.

Also the normal mode will just drop exotic stuff.

Keep the ascended stuff in the hard mode

You….don’t need ascended gear. Period. You’ll need to not suck, you’ll need to actually give a kitten , but you don’t need ascended gear.

Raid is now where it should be, it is a Raid and not something like Blizzards LFR Raiding, it is supposed to be Challenging.
Remember that the Raid was advertised as " Challenging Grouo Content". Having an easy Mode would just make the " Challenging Group Content" Void.

My advise is to get a good Group, stay with them and play the Content the Way it is intended.

In Blizzard’s case LFR was necessary because they needed a less-than-transparent excuse to make all content converge on raiding.

Raiding’s difficulty is perfectly acceptable in an environment where there’s plenty of other content to do in the game. From where I’m standing the question isn’t how to neuter raiding to make it more accessible to drooling idiots, but instead how to make depreciated content- dungeons especially- relevant again. It is both plausible and good for an MMORPG to have content that people just are not going to do, and not suffer any meaningful punishment for. The only thing the ghost town that is dungeons does to the game is give people a largely vacant list of achievements.

Posted by: Tenrai Senshi.2017

Tenrai Senshi.2017

Raiding’s difficulty is perfectly acceptable in an environment where there’s plenty of other content to do in the game. From where I’m standing the question isn’t how to neuter raiding to make it more accessible to drooling idiots, but instead how to make depreciated content- dungeons especially- relevant again. It is both plausible and good for an MMORPG to have content that people just are not going to do, and not suffer any meaningful punishment for. The only thing the ghost town that is dungeons does to the game is give people a largely vacant list of achievements.

The problem therein is that…

1: Other forms of end game content have been either put aside or worse, abandoned completely (dungeons) in favor of a focus on raids and…

2: You are punished for not doing Raids in the sense that you’re cut off from an entire armor tier (legendary armor).

If Raids are going to be the primary form of end game content from here on out, then they DO need to be accessible to a majority of the playerbase. If they are not, all it means is that the majority will get bored and move on thanks to a lack of new content, while only a small minority remains happy.

The simple solution is to either:

1: Have difficulty tiers in raids like you do in Fractals, with certain skins only becoming available as you move up to higher tiers (like how in fractals, fractal weapon skins and ascended gear only start dropping from level 10+ with a higher chance as you get to higher levels). This will give less experienced players an entry point to learn the encounters, while still giving advanced players their desired challenge at higher levels.

Or…

2: Focus on improving other forms of content to give players an alternative to Raids. Also allow for legendary armor to be earned in other content besides Raids.

Personally, I think both options should be implemented. Ultimately, accessibility is key if you don’t want a game mode to become abandoned. Raids may seem fine now, but what if 2 months down the line, you find yourself struggling to find Raid groups because of how few people play them? Inaccessibility doesn’t just hurt less skilled players, it also hurts advanced players by artificially diminishing the player pool doing a particular form of content and thus, unnecessarily increasing the time it takes to form groups for said content.

Andraus.3874

Legendary armor is going to be for aesthetics only just like the weapons. Let’s not start a debate about that. It’s not a new tier because it’s horizontal progression only.

Also there’s plenty to do “end game”. Fractals, pvp, wvw, open world meta events…..

Tenrai Senshi.2017

Legendary armor is going to be for aesthetics only just like the weapons. Let’s not start a debate about that. It’s not a new tier because it’s horizontal progression only.

Also there’s plenty to do “end game”. Fractals, pvp, wvw, open world meta events…..

Yes, the ability to change stats at any time to suit any encounter is purely an aesthetic feature and totally doesn’t’ affect gameplay at all…

(P.S. I apologize for my sarcasm but I’m just kinda tired of this argument being thrown around without thought)

As for the other end game content you mentioned, we’ve done it all already and we’re becoming bored of them after doing the same stuff for three years. Raids are it as far as new end-game content goes. If ANet wants people to enjoy other end game content, then they need to pay attention to that content and update it, not abandon it.

Andraus.3874

Yes, the ability to change stats at any time to suit any encounter is purely an aesthetic feature and totally doesn’t’ affect gameplay at all…

(P.S. I apologize for my sarcasm but I’m just kinda tired of this argument being thrown around without thought)

As for the other end game content you mentioned, we’ve done it all already and we’re becoming bored of them after doing the same stuff for three years. Raids are it as far as new end-game content goes. If ANet wants people to enjoy other end game content, then they need to pay attention to that content and update it, not abandon it.

Without thought…… Right. You can change your ascended armor stats whenever you like with a simple trip to the tp and forge. Of course that is expensive. But so would be changing all your runes when you are switching between something like berserker runes for condi builds and strength runes for zerker builds. Nobody is switching the stats unless they use crappy runes or orbs they don’t mind changing out constantly. You’re going to have multiple sets.

(edited by Andraus.3874)

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

The most important word here is “BOYS” … so i guess “big” boys are those from 12 to 14

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Tenrai Senshi.2017

Without thought…… Right. You can change your ascended armor stats whenever you like with a simple trip to the tp and forge. Of course that is expensive. But so would be changing all your runes when you are switching between something like berserker runes for condi builds and strength runes for zerker builds. Nobody is switching the stats unless they use crappy runes or orbs they don’t mind changing out constantly.

Taking a trip to the MF every time I want to change gear stats is not a good alternative. It’s not even remotely viable. Not only would it cost a fortune, but it also takes a lot of time and you’d lose your runes or sigils every time you do it (very bad for people using expensive runes like Runes of the Scholar or Runes of Strength).

Keep in mind that switching builds can help an encounter even if you don’t change runes (for example, fighting husks champs in silverwastes is done much more easily with condition gear, because of their super high toughness. Even moderate condition damage will be more effective than fully maxed out physical damage).

Andraus.3874

Without thought…… Right. You can change your ascended armor stats whenever you like with a simple trip to the tp and forge. Of course that is expensive. But so would be changing all your runes when you are switching between something like berserker runes for condi builds and strength runes for zerker builds. Nobody is switching the stats unless they use crappy runes or orbs they don’t mind changing out constantly.

Taking a trip to the MF every time I want to change gear stats is not a good alternative. It’s not even remotely viable. Not only would it cost a fortune, but it also takes a lot of time and you’d lose your runes or sigils every time you do it (very bad for people using expensive runes like Runes of the Scholar or Runes of Strength).

Keep in mind that switching builds can help an encounter even if you don’t change runes (for example, fighting husks champs in silverwastes is done much more easily with condition gear, because of their super high toughness. Even moderate condition damage will be more effective than fully maxed out physical damage).

That’s a very specific circumstance that it could be helpful in. Granted you still have to change your trinkets, weapons, traits and plus selecting stats on each legendary gear piece. I would never take the time to do that for something like a husk in SW (plus you would have to be occ to do that, by the time you do all that and if something doesn’t attack you while you’re trying to do all that, the mob is likely dead or nearly dead, and you would have been better off staying with your original build and Dps’ing from the start). If there is content I’m going to do that needs condi damage specifically so that it would make me want to take the time to change my gear to condi damage, I’m going to also want to have the right runes. So it’s super marginally appealing, so much so that nobody is going to bother. It’s the same really for legendary weapons.

Now if you propose that somehow legendary armor and weapons can save runes/sigils I might say you have a valid point. But as it stands now the stat selection ability is rather crappy because of poor implementation of legendary mechanics.

(edited by Andraus.3874)

Tenrai Senshi.2017

That’s a very specific circumstance that it could be helpful in. Granted you still have to change your trinkets, weapons, traits and plus selecting stats on each legendary gear piece. I would never take the time to do that for something like a husk in SW. If there is content I’m going to do that needs condi damage specifically so that it would make me want to change my gear to condi damage, I’m going to also want to have the right runes. So it’s super marginally appealing.

Well, if you have full legendary gear (including weapons, trinkets and armor), then you don’t have to carry much aside from maybe some rings and amulets (unless they add legendary versions of those as well). It’s kinda like limitless gathering tools. It’s not super necessary, but for some people the convenience of not having to carry more stuff is worth the cost.

How appealing it is or how many will use it is debatable. But that doesn’t change the fact that legendaries do have features beyond simple aesthetics. I think legendary armor should be attainable in other forms of content, even if there are different versions (with different looks) kinda like how they’ve done it with legendary back items. At the very least, I see no good or logical reason this should not be the case.

Andraus.3874

Yeah It’s just that nobody uses the features with them, which is why I said its for aesthetics. I don’t think that was Anets intention tho. They just didn’t think it through and realize they needed legendary armor and weapons to save sigils and runes in some way. And that sounds like some complicated coding if they wanted to correct it after the implementation of stat selection. They probably haven’t had the time for it, but I’m hoping its at least on the table.

Personally I have 5 legendary weapons and only changed the stats like 3 times for kicks on my first one. I’ve found most people have the same experience but I haven’t done a poll or anything.

(edited by Andraus.3874)

Posted by: Zalman.8719

Zalman.8719

No, Thank you, keep it in your head. I’ll go look for a group instead…

Tenrai Senshi.2017

Yeah It’s just that nobody uses the features with them, which is why I said its for aesthetics. I don’t think that was Anets intention tho. They just didn’t think it through and realize they needed legendary armor and weapons to save sigils and runes in some way. And that sounds like some complicated coding if they wanted to correct it after the implementation of stat selection. They probably haven’t had the time for it, but I’m hoping its at least on the table.

Personally I have 5 legendary weapons and only changed the stats like 3 times for kicks on my first one. I’ve found most people have the same experience but I haven’t done a poll or anything.

I also have 3 legendaries and I haven’t changed stats on them much, but that’s mostly because it’s pointless changing the stats on only one piece of gear if none of your other gear can change with it, which wouldn’t be the case if you had a full set of legendary gear.

For me personally, I’d mostly be interested in using the stat change feature as a means of testing different gear stats for builds, without having to invest in new gear every time. I know you can test some builds in PvP well enough, but there are more gear stat combos in PvE and new ones being added fairly regularly.

On that last point, that’s another area where legendary gear will be incredibly useful. Being able to change to a new stat combo the moment is released is a huge plus and would allow people who have full legendary sets to test and use new builds the moment they become available. It also gives you access to potentially limited or unattainable stat combos.

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

A lot of people forget that GW1 had some rather hard areas where you had to have specific builds. It was easier to get those builds but it is not a real big deal to get those in GW2 (unless you want viper’s gear).

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Samnang.1879

Samnang.1879

I don’t support this idea because adding a “lower” difficulty to anything in GW2 means literally NOBODY will do the “harder” difficulty.

Just look at Tangled Depths meta for example, literally nobody does them any more. Yet Auric Basin and Dragon’s Stand meta are always full on several maps.

I LIKE this one setting; because it forces people to do them, therefore I can find groups easily.

Please nerf bag types instead of class skills!

Posted by: piza.9310

piza.9310

The only problem I have with the raid is that I can’t see the areas and read the lore. Do I think they should make another difficulty just for that? no.

Posted by: Zalman.8719

Zalman.8719

Came back, just pugged VG…again…feels good…again…that’s why I love the difficulty again… If you’d actually put effort in it, you’d get it and ppl already getting a hang of it. If you can’t do that, then sorry, you won’t have the rewards until other acquisition method pops up…if there will be any.
And looking at it, my last post was from 3 hours ago, that’s not bad considering I had to find a group and ppl left and stuff. See? It’s ain’t that hard, just a matter of practice and organizing.

Posted by: Loli Ruri.8307

Loli Ruri.8307

I would welcome a normal mode, as it would prepare people for what the elite mode offers, without offering the same elite rewards.

Intel Core i7 4790K @4.7 GHz, 32 GB 2133 MHz DDR3.
MSI GTX 1080 Sea Hawk EK X 2xSLI 2025 / 11016 MHz, liquid cooling custom loop.
Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB. HTC Vive.

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Lol! You mean for the big(gest) nerds?

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

Posted by: Lite Ning Strike.5203

Lite Ning Strike.5203

I don’t support this idea because adding a “lower” difficulty to anything in GW2 means literally NOBODY will do the “harder” difficulty.

Just look at Tangled Depths meta for example, literally nobody does them any more. Yet Auric Basin and Dragon’s Stand meta are always full on several maps.

I LIKE this one setting; because it forces people to do them, therefore I can find groups easily.

Aren’t you in a sense answering the call to have the content made easier? As you say if given a choice almost no one wants the “Hard Content” so they are forced to grind.

I guess by using this you are saying the majority of players prefer to not have to grind. Shouldn’t the majority be the group ArenaNet tries to appease?

The First and Only Blaq Sheep

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

This is what would happen:

Make easy mode raids. Everyone does easy mode except a small % who are actually good and going after legendary armor. The small % get legendary armor. The casuals who frequent easy mode see said legendary armor. We now have 100 posts on forums about how legendary armor should be available from the easy raids, just maybe it takes longer. More and more people complain saying it isn’t fair to lock items behind something that is too hard for the majority of players, they want to play their way, they also keep chanting “man-i-fest-ooooooo”.

Anet makes legendary armor available from easy mode. No one ever does hard mode again. 100s of posts show up on the forum saying GW2 is too easy, that there’s no challenging group content. Then they add a new wing of raid that’s actually difficult. We repeat this whole thing over again.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

This is what would happen:

Make easy mode raids. Everyone does easy mode except a small % who are actually good and going after legendary armor. The small % get legendary armor. The casuals who frequent easy mode see said legendary armor. We now have 100 posts on forums about how legendary armor should be available from the easy raids, just maybe it takes longer. More and more people complain saying it isn’t fair to lock items behind something that is too hard for the majority of players, they want to play their way, they also keep chanting “man-i-fest-ooooooo”.

Anet makes legendary armor available from easy mode. No one ever does hard mode again. 100s of posts show up on the forum saying GW2 is too easy, that there’s no challenging group content. Then they add a new wing of raid that’s actually difficult. We repeat this whole thing over again.

1) That’s like people saying. What legalizing gay marriage, this will lead to legalizing marriage between family members or between a human and animals. Are you pro bestiality? Then don’t legalize gay marriage. Same kitten here. Don’t make an easy mode, because then people will ask for something else, and then ask for another thing and if anet do all those things, then TERRIBLE CONSEQUENCE.

2) IF an easy mode is created. And tbh I would only remove the timer and add maybe 2 updaft at Gorseval and that’s it. So the mechanics are as hard, just more flexible on the dps composition. And IF they allow legendary armor to be feasible in easy mode, just longer. Why people would stop doing the hard mode? That make no sense. I know I won’t be. Raid are once a week so I want the best reward. I’ll enjoy more the hard mode that’s for sure and I’m not alone in that situation.

Look at it this way. PvP league are on now. There is 6 divisions and the higher you climb the harder the matches get. Still, as far as I know anybody can complete the legendary. It will be longer, but that’s all. OH kitten . Nobody want to play in higher league anymore. Everybody want to stay in emerald and sapphire and not try to get higher at all. Right? That’s the situation we are in at the moment right?

As long as the reward is nerf at a good rate from normal raid, easy mode is a good thing imo.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Werdx.2059

Werdx.2059

You are kind of people i feel sorry for.

Get bullied at the school,then come online where everyone is handsome and tough,and reply with pure trolling while sitting behind mom’s computer,on daddy’s sofa in their house,trying to be hardcore?

Posted by: Werdx.2059

Werdx.2059

As far as i understand,dude said,exotic items in easy mode,so others can see whole dungeon,by playing it,not watching videos.

Exotic rewards,not legendary…

Pay attention on posts before reply.

Posted by: Loli Ruri.8307

Loli Ruri.8307

1) That’s like people saying. What legalizing gay marriage, this will lead to legalizing marriage between family members or between a human and animals. Are you pro bestiality? Then don’t legalize gay marriage. Same kitten here. Don’t make an easy mode, because then people will ask for something else, and then ask for another thing and if anet do all those things, then TERRIBLE CONSEQUENCE.

Whoa, that illustration was intense. One that I have even thought about myself, but at least I didn’t say it in public. That’s a touche subject, ready made with explosive barrels of hate.

Intel Core i7 4790K @4.7 GHz, 32 GB 2133 MHz DDR3.
MSI GTX 1080 Sea Hawk EK X 2xSLI 2025 / 11016 MHz, liquid cooling custom loop.
Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB. HTC Vive.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Whoa, that illustration was intense. One that I have even thought about myself, but at least I didn’t say it in public. That’s a touche subject, ready made with explosive barrels of hate.

True. But the comparison was just too perfect.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

2) IF an easy mode is created. And tbh I would only remove the timer and add maybe 2 updaft at Gorseval and that’s it. So the mechanics are as hard, just more flexible on the dps composition. And IF they allow legendary armor to be feasible in easy mode, just longer. Why people would stop doing the hard mode? That make no sense. I know I won’t be. Raid are once a week so I want the best reward. I’ll enjoy more the hard mode that’s for sure and I’m not alone in that situation.

Look at it this way. PvP league are on now. There is 6 divisions and the higher you climb the harder the matches get. Still, as far as I know anybody can complete the legendary. It will be longer, but that’s all. OH kitten . Nobody want to play in higher league anymore. Everybody want to stay in emerald and sapphire and not try to get higher at all. Right? That’s the situation we are in at the moment right?

As long as the reward is nerf at a good rate from normal raid, easy mode is a good thing imo.

1) Not even close. This is a video game, with a very specific, highly-sensitive, entitled, casual player base. People literally threatened to quit because the legendary backpiece was going to be locked behind fractals, and they don’t like fractals, so it wasn’t fair. This has nothing to do with a real life social topic, let alone one that is so politically and emotionally charged…

2) Why would people stop doing hard-mode? Because in this game, and in ALL games, the vast majority of people will take the path of least resistance. I mean, why wouldn’t people simply farm Arah (back before dungeon nerfs)? It gave the best rewards (monetarily), but it was longer and harder than all others. So what happened? People ran only the shortest, easiest possible dungeons over and over. The same would happen with raids.

Sure it is all hypothetical right now, but even if easy mode gave less progress towards legendary, the fact it is easier already means it will be completed faster and more consistently. Why spend weeks trying to pass one boss with your static team (getting no rewards on failures mind you), when you can PUG easy mode multiple times a week, clearing the bosses. Even 1/5 of the reward progress is still better than NO progress from all of the hard-mode failing.

3) PvP and PvE are too different beasts. People that play PvP league are typically not your casual players. Far from it. They are people that understand time and effort need to be put in to get somewhere. That’s simply not the case for 90% of GW2 players, who would never step foot in PvP leagues, raids, or heck even fractals over level 20. This is not a fair comparison as it deals with two very different types of players.

I’m all for ez mode raids, so long as the ez mode raids do not let you get any exclusive items, legendary items, ascended items, or any progress towards those items. They should be for people who simply want to see the dungeon, maybe get some gold or exotics/rares, and that’s it. If rewards are the same for ez and hard, then I assure you, very few people will do hard.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Samnang.1879

Samnang.1879

Aren’t you in a sense answering the call to have the content made easier? As you say if given a choice almost no one wants the “Hard Content” so they are forced to grind.

I guess by using this you are saying the majority of players prefer to not have to grind. Shouldn’t the majority be the group ArenaNet tries to appease?

Well yes…

But look at it this way, the ENTIRE content of GW2 is easy, even most things in HoT are easy. So ANET does indeed cater to people who want easy things.

Why does raid have to be catered to those people though? It’s just one thing that is not easy and people want it to be made easy… I don’t get it.

Please nerf bag types instead of class skills!

Posted by: Destabilizator.2789

Destabilizator.2789

There are many posts blabbering about raids not being accessible to majority of the players… wtf?
You don’t need full ascended kit, just group of 10 ppl… are the mechanics of the fight too hard? Maybe you are too bad then? Just because you are not capable of learning the mechanics and succeeding, the content is not accessible?

The raids are hard and that’s good thing, but they are certainly accessible to everybody.

Vertor et revertor.

Posted by: Faab.8049

Faab.8049

The problem with raids is not that there is legendary rewards hidden in it. The problem is that the content itself is locked behind a skill/gear/time etc wall. If you are not able to get good enough (time investment mostly), you wont be able to experience it.

When Fractals came out there was a similar discussion going on. Either get good or go home… Sigh…
What Fractals did however was deliver a mechanism that allowed you to play the content at the lower levels, but that you would get less fancy rewards for.
The higher the Fractal level, the content was scaled more difficult and the rewards improved along with it. It is actually a very clever and elegant sollution to a wide range of player skill and desire, and provides a very gradual Easy→Normal→Hard→Ludicrous mode.
Dont want to bother with Acsended armour? Fine, but you wont be able to play a lvl XX and up fractal. Yet you will be able to play it at a lower level.

With Raids however there is no such thing. Its designed as a Hard Mode. Its all or nothing. And that approach excludes a lot of players that:
1. Don’t have the time availabe to learn the raid (Real life, you know)
2. Don’t have gold or time to get Ascended items
3. Don’t like teaming up with elite/demanding players (casual PUG players)
4. Simply want to play and have fun, instead of getting frustrated.
5. … (fill in your own reasons)

Adding a ‘Normal’ mode would be great! It would allow less dedicated players to experience the content and get some rewards. To offset this the higher tier rewards would still only drop in the (current) Hard Mode.
- Normal mode →Exotics, low chance of some ascended recipies or a rare skin. No legendary
- Hard Mode → Exotics, Asceded gear, Legendary gear etc. etc. as it is now.

Posted by: Nath Forge Tempete.1645

Nath Forge Tempete.1645

having an EASY mode could be great to learn the strategies and with no/less reward

Most of the games have made that ….

Posted by: Destabilizator.2789

Destabilizator.2789

What’s the point of learning strategies on easy mode, when then you have to re-learn them anyway to complete hard mode. There is no difference in wiping on hard mode and learning that straight.

Also, the drops there are hardly any, I got nothing but 2 champ bags and 1g from first boss kill. And few of the legendary crafting mats from chests… not like the legs themselves are dropping, nor ascended gear (1 guy from 10 was lucky to get box).

There is no point in normal mode, apart from lolling around in the instance.

Vertor et revertor.

Posted by: Kerin.9125

Kerin.9125

That’s not how the hardcore elitists view the MMOs they play.

Posted by: Faab.8049

Faab.8049

What’s the point of learning strategies on easy mode, when then you have to re-learn them anyway to complete hard mode. There is no difference in wiping on hard mode and learning that straight.

Also, the drops there are hardly any, I got nothing but 2 champ bags and 1g from first boss kill. And few of the legendary crafting mats from chests… not like the legs themselves are dropping, nor ascended gear (1 guy from 10 was lucky to get box).

There is no point in normal mode, apart from lolling around in the instance.

There are a number of ways to make it ‘easier’. For example on the VG making the effect of the green circle wipe less powerfull (50% HP drop instead). Or remove the timer completely. You still have the same strategy, just the consequences are less extreme.

If the rewards are as you describe it, then there is really no point in playing Hard Mode either. All that time spend on what? A low chance on a box and some bags? I’ll go do some open world meta and rake in the rewards. And have fun in the meantime.

Posted by: cakemonkey.6347

cakemonkey.6347

Locking out content to the majority of the playerbase is stupid. Always has been. Which is exactly why WoW has moved away from it. Some people want to just see the place, don’t care about Phat L3WTz and braggning rights. It’s not an unreasonable thing to ask for a version that can be played with exotics that rewards exotics. Keep the best loot for the harder difficulties. It could also drop gear that helps players step up into harder versions. Tiered isn’t a bad thing. This expansion was purchased. And if GW2 wants to continue selling expansions taking on the raid model is not the best way to do it. We’ve had 15+ years of other MMOs doing it. People are tired of it, that’s kind of what make GW2 pre-HOT appealing to a lot. Paying for the minority of people to have content is not what people want to do.

OP has a very solid suggestion here. Or ANET can just nerf the hell out of it. And if the hardcore raiders really want their hard content and exclusive loot, then they should promote tiered approaches too because nerfing to easier versions will mostly likely come from this old tired mmo design.

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

While I think that most players are capable of attaining the bare minimum level of gear and skill to beat these, this honestly doesn’t seem like an unreasonable request. Faab makes some very good points that I won’t bother rehashing. Lower difficulty for appropriately scaled-down rewards.

There isn’t enough new content in this xpac to justify raids being for the ‘elite’ only.