[Suggestion] On the Gating of Guild Trek

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Iretha.7625

Iretha.7625

As it stands now, Guild Trek is a mission that is rarely used. The reasons why are very simple:

• For one, the amount of merits that it gives for completion the mission are very low in comparison to other missions – 5/7/10 for tiers 1/2/3 respectively.
  • Secondly, the amount of influence gained for the guild is also relatively low – 400/500/700 for tiers 1/2/3. (Not counting the 200 influence cost.)
  • And thirdly, and what many see as the most important factor, this mission does not give any reward for individual guild members.

While the reward is scaled properly with the amount of effort that goes into each tier, I’m not suggesting improving them.

The problem I find with Guild Trek lies not in its reward, but in its requirements for a guild to unlock. To unlock Guild Trek a guild requires merits which must be obtained from Guild Bounty missions. Here’s the imbalance, if a guild can gain merits from Guild Bounty whilst getting individual rewards for guild members, where is the incentive to unlock Guild Trek, aside from it being a requirement for unlocking Guild Rush?

I suggest that the guild merit-gate for Guild Trek be removed. In doing this, small guilds of 3-5 people that have trouble with guild bounties would have a means to do a weekly guild mission that will earn them both influence and a small number of merits.

A friend of mine runs a guild of 3-4 people. They are able to complete guild bounty training, but when it comes to actual guild bounties, they fall short on man power. As it is, Guild Bounty training missions serve as a way for small guilds to gain influence. By changing Guild Trek to be more accessible, it would serve as a parallel means to gain merits. For a small guild that likes to only play with their close friends, I think it only fair that a guild mission like Guild Trek be made available so that they too can obtain merits for various banners and buffs.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Seconded. Treks should definitely be before Bounties on the unlock list – bounties are harder and require more members to complete, creating a hard gate that locks the smaller guilds from stuff they could otherwise do – Treks and Rushes. As it is now, Bounties are a stop sign for the smaller guilds, telling them that no, they can’t have nice things.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Arewn.2368

Arewn.2368

Would certainly be a nice change for small guilds so that they can progress more.
A simple change that would help a lot.

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

Small guilds can tackle a tier 1 guild bounty with a little difficulty. On occasion, the guild I’m in will tackle one just for the commendations with the secondary objective being completion. We’ve done that with only 4 people. It’s pretty good fun when the timer is so against you.

Certainly agree that treks should be lower than bounties on the unlock table.