[Suggestion]Option to turn off vocalizations

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: hero mcb.8165

hero mcb.8165

Dear Anet,

I would like to suggest you add an option to the sound menu which allows me to turn off phrases and vocalizations made by my character. I find that when my character calls out it skills or the things that is happing to it during gameplay, it annoys me. I don’t want to hear it. If I could turn off these sounds, I would enjoy the game more. Thanks.

Yours truly,
hero mcb.8165

Posted by: Zeidrich.8435

Zeidrich.8435

Isn’t there a volume slider for voices? or is it tied to all sound effects?

“This above all: to thine own self be true.”
-William Shakespeare

Posted by: Gummy.4278

Gummy.4278

Have you tried looking in the sound options? There is an option to turn off vocalizations, its called Dialog Volume. Its a slider bar so you can adjust it so you barely hear it or completely shut it down, this also mean you miss the calls from team members. But yeah you got the option already, enjoy the game more. Your Welcome.

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

Before you start criticizing ArenaNet for not providing an option and suggesting them to add one, perhaps you should double check or ask the forums if there is an option in a more polite way.

hero mcb.8165

Have you tried looking in the sound options? There is an option to turn off vocalizations, its called Dialog Volume. Its a slider bar so you can adjust it so you barely hear it or completely shut it down, this also mean you miss the calls from team members. But yeah you got the option already, enjoy the game more. Your Welcome.

You dont get what i mean i want to able to hear the story and the npc’s but not my own charter please read because i didn’t say ALL talking in the game just my own charter.

hero mcb.8165

Before you start criticizing ArenaNet for not providing an option and suggesting them to add one, perhaps you should double check or ask the forums if there is an option in a more polite way.

You dont get what i mean i want to able to hear the story and the npc’s but not my own charter please read because i didn’t say ALL talking in the game just my own charter.

Posted by: Zeidrich.8435

Zeidrich.8435

He means the character vocalizations, for example when the character yells “Retreat” “Stand Your Ground” when you activate the Shout skills for guardian. I don’t know what the other classes say.

“This above all: to thine own self be true.”
-William Shakespeare

Posted by: Gummy.4278

Gummy.4278

No I got it. That’s why I said “completely shut it down, this also means you miss the calls from team members”.
This reason here, is the reason Anet will not add the option as you propose. To them it will be a very very small group of players who will use it so its not viable to add the workload. And you will notice that they have given you an option to use already even if it does not work 100% to your satisfaction. Sorry, you are not gonna get enough people to promote this idea, as within a couple of days this topic will slide off the front page and loose ability for Anet to see it and any support you got from the community, which like I said will be very very small. Good Luck though.

Posted by: JMadFour.9730

JMadFour.9730

personally I really like the vocalizations. i think it adds to my character, particularly when it comes to Shouts.

that said, I don’t see how adding the option to mute them would be a bad thing.

“Quaggan is about to foo up your day.” – Romperoo

Posted by: Kohlteth.3715

Kohlteth.3715

Lol My stupid Norn Mesmer yells " Oh feels good" whenever he gets poisoned !

hero mcb.8165

No I got it. That’s why I said “completely shut it down, this also means you miss the calls from team members”.
This reason here, is the reason Anet will not add the option as you propose. To them it will be a very very small group of players who will use it so its not viable to add the workload. And you will notice that they have given you an option to use already even if it does not work 100% to your satisfaction. Sorry, you are not gonna get enough people to promote this idea, as within a couple of days this topic will slide off the front page and loose ability for Anet to see it and any support you got from the community, which like I said will be very very small. Good Luck though.

I dont care about the calls that my team mates make because there is some thing in the game that is called party UI so i dont need there charter to shout “I am burning” when i can just look at the party UI and see oh my team mates are burning and dont care because of zerker mata were you kill things before they kill you in pve and if it is WvW, my group is most likely to have a good setup so i only have to be worried when they are down.

hero mcb.8165

personally I really like the vocalizations. i think it adds to my character, particularly when it comes to Shouts.

do you also say the same thing after playing the game for 3000h and hearing “Save yourselves” a billion time ????

hero mcb.8165

Lol My stupid Norn Mesmer yells " Oh feels good" whenever he gets poisoned !

Yep and that is what i would love to see and option for to turn it off

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

I also have to keep switching off and on the Dialog volumes.
There is one thing more annoying than my asura shouting ‘six feets tall’, and that is NPC’s meaningless repeating sentences like, “i carry only the highest quality of goods”.
There is an NPC in LA at Wintersday, that shouted at me terribly each time i ran across the mystic plaza… so i missed all the other wintersday dialogs because i turned it off.

I’d like to hear sensible dialogs, like at events, or stories, but this kind of random/idling/shouting talk is just annoying.

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

do you also say the same thing after playing the game for 3000h and hearing “Save yourselves” a billion time ????

“Save your-Stand your-Retreat” makes it even better.
So does “For great-Shake it off”.

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

Wow, hero, you really turned it around lol. I’m glad you turned off the rage and copy pasted my revision. xD

Hopefully Anet will find the time to implement the suggestion. I don’t see it hurting anyone really.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I personally love the vocalizations, but I’d be all in favor of an option to turn them off.

hero mcb.8165

Wow, hero, you really turned it around lol. I’m glad you turned off the rage and copy pasted my revision. xD

Hopefully Anet will find the time to implement the suggestion. I don’t see it hurting anyone really.

Yeah thanks for the help

hero mcb.8165

I also have to keep switching off and on the Dialog volumes.
There is one thing more annoying than my asura shouting ‘six feets tall’, and that is NPC’s meaningless repeating sentences like, “i carry only the highest quality of goods”.
There is an NPC in LA at Wintersday, that shouted at me terribly each time i ran across the mystic plaza… so i missed all the other wintersday dialogs because i turned it off.

I’d like to hear sensible dialogs, like at events, or stories, but this kind of random/idling/shouting talk is just annoying.

Yeah i remember runing pass the mystic plaza and always turning off my sound if it wasn’t all ready off xD

Posted by: Kohlteth.3715

Kohlteth.3715

Would be nice to quit hearing about the possibility of a Golem Uprising being suppressed by the Chip in Rata sum when at the bank , or the stupid one that threw a rock at the golem that patrols their street.

hero mcb.8165

Would be nice to quit hearing about the possibility of a Golem Uprising being suppressed by the Chip in Rata sum when at the bank , or the stupid one that threw a rock at the golem that patrols their street.

yeah just in general all shout that charater makes would be nice to be able to turn off

hero mcb.8165

I personally love the vocalizations, but I’d be all in favor of an option to turn them off.

yeah i am trying to make people see this

hero mcb.8165

The wost profession that shouts is Sylvari and my main is a Sylvari that is why i really want this option so bad