[Suggestion] Permanent tools

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Suchface.3265

Suchface.3265

Hello Tyrians and developers
I think many of you have also had this thought “What? The permanent tools are not account wide, that’s stupid.”.
But than again, ofc they’re not account wide, by making them not account wide, people will make more transactions on GEMS, which ANET needs to make new content, trust me i get that.

But i have a suggestion: Make the first purchase full price 1000gems, and than after that, you can buy THE SAME tool for a lower price. i would suggest 400gems. ยจ
- I know that many only buy 1 tool for one character, because 1000gems is alot and most of us mainly play on 1 main character.
- By making the second purchase lower, I for one would buy extra tools for my lesser played characters. Because 400gems is not a BIG purchase for my lesser played characters, but 1000gems would definitely be way to much.

This way it would be a WIN WIN situation for both ANET and US, we would get our extra beloved permanent tools and ANET would receive more transactions (Atleast from me)

Posted by: Llethander.3972

Llethander.3972

But they are account bound. >.>

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

win at first reply

btw to avoid to pass em to other characters, paying less for more tools should be nice.

Also, cause tools are equipped, the can’t work good with the new “character linked slots” feature.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

This suggestion is already in the game:

• Buy the first tool (1000 gems)
  • Buy a shared inventory slot (700 gems).
  • Place the tool in the slot.
  • Profit! (or at least: increased convenience!)
John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Shirlias.8104

but the tool is an item to equip.
it’s way different from copper salvageomatic, mystic salvage tool, permanent bank access, etcetc which are into backpack.

Posted by: Suchface.3265

Suchface.3265

I know the tools are account bound.
But like Shirlias said, i would like to avoid passsing them between characters.
Would be much easier just to have one on each of my most played characters.

Shirlias.8104

Talking about tools, what about give the permanent one a small chance to drop something like the watchwork mining pick does?

It would be nice.

Posted by: MadRabbit.3179

MadRabbit.3179

Wait, my friend! For the low low price of roughly 5100 gems ($63.75, only $13.75 more than what you paid for the entire expansion, provided you only purchased the standard addition and missed out on the great deal of a glider skin and miniature Ryltock for an extra $15.00), you can purchase all three unlimited crafting tools and shared inventory slots for each one.

This will allow you to never have to spend that 4 silver in game to replenish your crafting tools on any character, allowing you to endlessly farm the same 4 areas over and over again for 6 months in order to acquire enough materials to dump on the market to get enough gold to buy the crafting materials you need to make a purely cosmetic legendary that has no impact on your ability to influence the game and results in a shallow sense of achievement for a few days before you get bored with it and begin to work on your next legendary, because it’s not like there is any other content worth doing.

I mean, of course, this does nothing to alleviate the risk of waking up one day to an epiphany in which you realize you have wasted months of your life in an endless cyclic grind loop, completing trivial and pointless activities over and over again to gain equally pointless items, under a guise of “fun” created for you by a once respectable company that I guess at some point got bought out by a Korean game company and changed their business model to producing glamor and fluff designed to psychotically manipulate you into spending money without them having to invest the work into making actual enjoyable and plentiful game content.

At least, when that happens, I am sure the wisdom of your $63.75 investment and the resulting accumulation of silver pieces it saved you will soften the blow and prevent you from falling into a nihilistic despair as you question the meaning of your life and contemplate suicide.

(Edited to Add: Was that the kind of win win you were imagining?)

Rehabilitated Elementalist. Now, trolling the Thief forums with my math.

(edited by MadRabbit.3179)