[Suggestion] Please add fishing

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: KidGafanhoto.5184

KidGafanhoto.5184

First thing i thought when i played for the first time was: “Wow look at that water ! And this rich world underwater ! This is perfect to a fishing time !!!!”
So here is my tip for you ArenaNet: Just add the profession “fisherman” (remember Gon from HxH ?) and your game will sell like hot cakes !
I can already imagine the Legendary Fishing Rod…

Posted by: Jack Skywalker.5674

Jack Skywalker.5674

Are you actualy Nat Pagle?

Posted by: Exylia.3814

Exylia.3814

i love fishing too yay!

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Step 1: find some water.
Step 2: enter the water.
Step 3: find fish.
Sep 4: kill fish.
you just went fishing.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Whenever I see NPC’s fishing I always think the same thing, how fun would it be to fish in this game and use the caught fish to make food buffs for like chef. The actual reeling in of the fish would have to be on a random timer though to prevent afk botting. Be a nice relaxing way to chill in the major cities too.

Whenever I see an NPC fishing, I think, “What a lazy bum! Get your spear and dive after those fish!”

And, sadly, there’s no actual way to get rid of botting. If someone wants it badly enough, they’ll find a way to scum the code for it.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

The actual reeling in of the fish would have to be on a random timer though to prevent afk botting.

This is exactly why fishing in MMO’s is so extraordinarily tedious. If you have to hover your cursor over a random spot on the screen to click at a random moment in a time window just long enough to irritate a short attention span, then you can’t do anything else. Can’t type in chat, nope, one hand must be on the mouse. Can’t browse the TP or forums, nope, must have game screen active and unobstructed. Just sit there, staring, for 20-30 seconds at a time, waiting to click.

ANet has a history of finding the unfun parts of things and stripping them away, so maybe they could come up with an actually fun way to digitally fish. I’m not sure I can, though I did suggest in the last fishing thread that fishing pools should be nodes at shore edges just like any other node, you run up, do your casting animation, get your haul of fish, all in the time it takes to mine ore or chop a tree. Then fishing rods could be added to the gathering tools and get their own cool infinite tool skins.

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

It would be nice if fish dropped ingredients.

Posted by: wrathmagik.3518

wrathmagik.3518

I can’t remember where it is but a former anet developer has been lobbying HARD for fishing ever since the game was in development.

He still to this day hounds for it (his wife posted about his comments) and he’s not an anet employee anymore but he still wants/wanted fishing in the game too.

From what I read I remember of the post, ya, its not going to happen.

I love fishing. The most in depth fishing in any MMO i’ve played is in FFXIV. Absolutely amazing.

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

Yes please! I would love to have fishing in game.

Posted by: Elyssandariel.2679

Elyssandariel.2679

OMG this. I want fishing SO HARD. It is my absolute favorite thing to do in MMO’s and any game I can fish in. Animal Crossing? Fish Fish Fish Fish. We even played Mabinogi for a while because they had fishing. My hubby loves fishing in games and usually partakes in fishing tournys and stuff like that, even if it’s just for notoriety and having your name flashed across the screen like “XXXX got 3rd place in the fishing tourney!” SO much fun, would LOVE to see it in this game!!

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Fishing was something they had always planned for, but never got around to. The problem is, they wouldn’t want to add fishing like you’d see in WoW, which is the easy way, but rather some form of action combat inspired fishing. Something like diving with a spear/harpoon for larger fish. Until ArenaNet gets around to the deep sea expansion however, there’s likely no hope for fishing.

Posted by: Bruno.3812

Bruno.3812

This sounds reasly boring. lol.

How about a gw2 version where engineers can throw dynamite in the water or rangers can sic there pets on fish or eles can nuke the water with firestorm and so on.

Posted by: LostHunter.2845

LostHunter.2845

How about a gw2 version where engineers can throw dynamite in the water or rangers can sic there pets on fish or eles can nuke the water with firestorm and so on.

And then thief comes and steal all it fish

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

We do that now.

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

I’d be okay with Fish Nodes and associated fishing gear (ala, Sickles). If they add that, they should add Cloth and Leather nodes and associated gear (Scissors and Knives? I dunno). Maybe cloth and leather nodes are only found in the little towns, not out in the wilds. Like raiding someone’s clothesline.