[Suggestion] Put zone name in map chat.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Plenty of times I read map chat whilst skipping through zones. Often than not I see map chat messages that were sent whilst loading into another zone.

I can’t tell if some one is speaking in the zone I am in or the one I just came from.

Posted by: zerorogue.9410

zerorogue.9410

Agreed, I’ve had the same problem numerous times. I would suggest it say something like “Map Switched: Queens-dale” In map chat once the map changes Shards.(either between different maps or different instances) This would also help notify the player that they got moved to other instances.(such as closing maps)

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Agreed, I’ve had the same problem numerous times. I would suggest it say something like “Map Switched: Queens-dale” In map chat once the map changes Shards.(either between different maps or different instances) This would also help notify the player that they got moved to other instances.(such as closing maps)

Yes. Switching maps too! Thanks for reminding me about that!

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

sounds like a good idea so long as it was one of those chat options that can be switched off

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

Posted by: kuscheldrow.6415

kuscheldrow.6415

I’d be enough to grey out the old mapchat like guildchat is greyed out if you’re sending messages to / receiving messages from a guild you’re not representing at the moment.. That’d show that the chat is from another instance/map and highlight the new messages in the usual color.

I don’t think that anyone would need the info that they switched from x to y because they know it.

Alternatively the chat could automatically delete all “old” mapchat from another instance / zone on switching, like partychat is (or was) automatically deleted on leaving the party.

Other than that you could still try to orientate by showing timestamps. That might not always be reliable, but the only thing you could do by now.

Trahearne <3