[Suggestion] QOL: Multiple mystic forging

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

It’d be nice to be able to mystic forge the same recipe repeatedly for upgrading crafting materials and the like. Using the forge to upgrade from cores to lodestones is more economical, but it certainly isn’t fun to do.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

This suggestion comes up at least once a week, so you’re not alone in wanting it.

There are a couple of reasons why it hasn’t happened yet, the primary being that there are economic implications if it becomes a lot easier — some things are profitable precisely because of how dull/repetitive they are. (This doesn’t mean ANet shouldn’t do this; it just means they have to be ready to deal with the side effects first, and those are a lot harder to figure out).

Another reason is that ANet has tried to leave the crafting station as the tool for repetitive “manufacturing” and the forge for random, legendary, and one-off changes.

So my hope is that, after dealing with the market challenges, they move all fixed promotions to the crafting stations and change basic/fine mat promotions so that they aren’t random (and move them to crafting, too).

That leaves the forge for random stuff, legendaries, stat changing, and all that one-off stuff. So in the end, they won’t need to update the forge UI, because repetition will move to crafting.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Mithos.9023

Mithos.9023

The forge could need an upgrade. As it is now I can’t imagine anybody to say: Yea I like the mystic forge you just have to click a million times to get anything done, so much fun!

I don’t have a problem with the randomness, but that you have fixed recipes that you have to repeat every time, which gives the forge an awful feeling. As example two years ago I thought I craft Volcanus. I had most of the ingredients just from playing, not in the form of Lodestones but as Cores. So I thought yea just upgrade them all that’s what they are there aren’t they? Oh what an awful experience upgrading 450 cores is. When I had finished, I didn’t felt relieved. My hand was hurting, and I was so annoyed that I could not get to like it. Ok it didn’t fit my character as much as I though so but still. In the terrible mood I was then I simply listed it on the trading post. When I had calmed down the next day, it was already sold.
Since then, I hoped that they update the forge as it is just an awful experience. When I think about the time when we did not have much option to get upgraded siege weapons and the bulk recipes were not there. Either the forge should give us an option to repeat any fixed recipe or as Illconcieved Was Na suggested just move all the fixed recipes to the crafting station.

Not to mention that some players use macros or scripts to bypass this. I still think it is not a form of botting but just a sign that the forge is bad designed, when players that have never cheated, exploited or used regular bots search for way to skip this dreadful experience.

We need build and gear-templates!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

This suggestion comes up at least once a week, so you’re not alone in wanting it.

There are a couple of reasons why it hasn’t happened yet, the primary being that there are economic implications if it becomes a lot easier — some things are profitable precisely because of how dull/repetitive they are. (This doesn’t mean ANet shouldn’t do this; it just means they have to be ready to deal with the side effects first, and those are a lot harder to figure out).

Another reason is that ANet has tried to leave the crafting station as the tool for repetitive “manufacturing” and the forge for random, legendary, and one-off changes.

So my hope is that, after dealing with the market challenges, they move all fixed promotions to the crafting stations and change basic/fine mat promotions so that they aren’t random (and move them to crafting, too).

That leaves the forge for random stuff, legendaries, stat changing, and all that one-off stuff. So in the end, they won’t need to update the forge UI, because repetition will move to crafting.

You still need to deal with it for things you can’t just buy though like mystic clovers.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer