Suggestion, Rant, Discussion: Spirit Shards

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

Before masteries when you’d level up after 80 you’d get an extra skill point (which were later turned into spirit shards). I’m very tired right now so I’ll keep this very short and to the point and see what you all think about this.

Getting spirit shards right now is a matter of grinding and RNG and it’s complete nonsense when it doesn’t have to be.

My suggestion is to allow us to gain spirit shards at level-ups beyond 80 once again. This can be done in two different ways. Once all masteries are unlocked, rather than getting no EXP you can go back to earning levels (and thus earning spirit shards) as you would have before the mastery system.

I also suggest that at any time you can disable masteries while leveling them up in order to enable the above scenario.

Thoughts?

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

Sounds like a good idea. Plus non-HoT accounts don’t have masteries and thus their XP beyond 80 is all wasted.

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

Sounds like a good idea. Plus non-HoT accounts don’t have masteries and thus their XP beyond 80 is all wasted.

Yeah I’ve noticed that on my alt account. Very annoying – not sure why they did this.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I hope not. Many are swimming in Spirit Shards. If the Devs ever decide to award something after obtaining however much XP they deem necessary, I hope it is something everyone could use.

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

i got tonnes of spirit shards…. does not feel like they are that hard to come by. tomes of knowledge certainly arent and post 80 they give you a spirit shard so instead you could go after all the things that give you tomes and get them that way

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Yeah, I’ve got a fair few ToK now all my characters are level 80. Also as others have said, I’m swimming in shards.the only time I really use them is to change stats on ascended weapons/armor when a chest drops if the stats are not to my liking.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Before masteries when you’d level up after 80 you’d get an extra skill point (which were later turned into spirit shards). I’m very tired right now so I’ll keep this very short and to the point and see what you all think about this.

Getting spirit shards right now is a matter of grinding and RNG and it’s complete nonsense when it doesn’t have to be.

My suggestion is to allow us to gain spirit shards at level-ups beyond 80 once again. This can be done in two different ways. Once all masteries are unlocked, rather than getting no EXP you can go back to earning levels (and thus earning spirit shards) as you would have before the mastery system.

I also suggest that at any time you can disable masteries while leveling them up in order to enable the above scenario.

Thoughts?

ANet went to considerable trouble to separate spirit shards from experience gain. There are all sorts of ways to gain them now, so those doing certain sorts of content feel that they have far too many and those doing other sorts feel they have too few.

Accordingly, any proposal should

• Satisfy ANet’s interests in slowing down the spirit shard faucets.
  • Satisfy player interests so that nearly all play modes generate some shards in a predictable way.
  • Offer some new sinks, in a way that limits the economic impact of “too many” or “too few” shards.

The OP’s proposal addresses only the second point: additional shards in a predictable way. As a result, I doubt that ANet is likely to consider it.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Thoughts?

Eat a tome on a level 80. You’ll get a spirit shard. I’ve got over half a stack of them in the bank, and I’m only getting them from the monthly logins, rarely from pvp (havent done it in a while).

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

Other than tomes, you also have a reliable source of spirit shards as part of your daily reward.