[Suggestion] Re-activate Suggestion forum

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

With the forums ever-so cluttered up, especially so with the elimination of a lot of topics suggestions, which generally give pretty decent ideas and/or feedback get buried in “General Discussion” whithin minutes.

I think it would be high time to bring the old thread-cluster back, which was a valuable resource for both devs and players.

Not to mention you can’t even name your thread properly as you have to type [Suggestion] in front of it every time, thus decreasing your character limit.

“Ideas are like cream, good ones rise to the top” – except when you put them in everyone’s dump.

(edited by Bubi.7942)

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

The reason for the suggestion sub forum to go away was the devs responsible for each section would read their forum’s topics and then have to go sort through the suggestions forum to find suggestions that pertained to them.

Including threads with lovely titles like: New Idea! or Great Idea! or I have a suggestion!

With the suggestions in the proper sub forum, the relevant devs see all of the suggestions aimed for them and not just the ones they can find in the suggestion sub forum (where some may fall through the cracks).

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

It wasnt a valuable resource for devs tho, they said that. Not because of the suggestions rhemselves, but because suggestions for wvw for eg tended to be there and in wvw. Living world suggestions ended up there and 3 other places! Far too much for busy devs to flick through.

The current system of bracketing suggestion into the thread title is acknowledged by devs to be more useful to them.

Posted by: Reanne.5462

Reanne.5462

I think they got rid of the suggestion forum, because it gave people false hope that thier desires might get implemented into the game. Which will only happen by sheer coincedence or accident. Not because someone suggested it.

The 2 year old in the grocery store shopping with parent theory, The parent bought the Cocoa Puffs for themself, not for the 2 year old who was screaming and crying for them.

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

I understand why it got removed, and there was a promise for a new better system to replace it. Which never happened. Now the useful suggestion get buried whtihin an hour in the General Discussion, cause there is nowhere else to write really fro PvE.

They should just do a sticky in each thread if they want to keep it that way in each forum called “Suggestions for xy” and that’s it.

@Reanne: You may be right, but I had a few suggestions that eerily resemble some things implemented in the game.