Suggestion - Rich Plant & Wood Nodes

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Haxwell.7398

Haxwell.7398

I always wondered why there are rich ore nodes but no such thing for plants and sapplings. Would love to be able to find “rich” plant and wood nodes around. Dunno what the prefix would be. Maybe “Plentiful” for plants and “Thick” for sapplings or something along those lines.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

They do have farms sites for various plants. Lettuce, potatoes, spinach, butternut squash, flax, strawberry, grapes, cabbage, sugar pumpkin, cauliflower, artichoke, carrots.

However the only “rich tree nodes” I’ve seen is the 2 places with several cypress saplings, so there is a definite lack of this type.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Haxwell.7398

Even in those gardens or collection of sapplings, I would love for there to be a small possibility of one of those nodes being “rich”.

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

Leather nodes are what we really need. Rich or otherwise.

Haxwell.7398

What would they actually be though? I’m drawing a blank. Maybe an animal carcass or something? And then if we’re going down that road there’d have to be a cloth one too. Maybe paarticular animals you could sheer? Then make two new gathering tools, a skinning knife and sheerer.

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

What would they actually be though? I’m drawing a blank. Maybe an animal carcass or something? And then if we’re going down that road there’d have to be a cloth one too. Maybe paarticular animals you could sheer? Then make two new gathering tools, a skinning knife and sheerer.

There is already plenty of native neutral fauna. Rabbits, deer etc. Not sure we need another gathering tool, just a high chance of each dropping some sort of leather when you kill them. As for fabrics we should be able to craft those from mats we gather – Sheep’s wool, cotton plants, silkworms, spiders, whatever.

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

In EQ2 leather is gained from “animal den” harvest nodes.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

Posted by: General Health.9678

General Health.9678

The Wealthy Centaur Enclave.
Could even be an event that drops more than the average amount of leather.

Blame Abaddon, he loves your tears.
pve, raid, pvp, fractal, dungeon, world clearing, legendary questing.. Zapped!

Posted by: Black Iris Flowers.3418

Black Iris Flowers.3418

It never made sense to me either why there aren’t rich sapling nodes. Ore seems to be more plentiful anyway, considering you can find it underwater and underground as well as on the surface

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

It never made sense to me either why there aren’t rich sapling nodes. Ore seems to be more plentiful anyway, considering you can find it underwater and underground as well as on the surface

Rich ancient wood node(s) would be great!

Posted by: Andy Warhol.6250

Andy Warhol.6250

There is plenty of extra wood, leather and cloth to be gained through salvage alone. Although rich plant and wood nodes would seem like a reasonable add on.

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

Rich wood nodes are definitely needed, considering the sheer amount you need these days. It’s so much harder getting wood than metal nowadays because there’s a bunch of fixed rich ore nodes around the world.

Just call them a “cluster of X saplings” and have them give the same 10 hits the ore equivalents do, and you’re golden.

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Rich wood nodes are definitely needed, considering the sheer amount you need these days. It’s so much harder getting wood than metal nowadays because there’s a bunch of fixed rich ore nodes around the world.

Just call them a “cluster of X saplings” and have them give the same 10 hits the ore equivalents do, and you’re golden.

It’s also harder because you can only get wood from certain weapons where as metal comes from the rest of the weapons plus most, if not all, heavy armor drops.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…