Suggestion: SAB Improvements

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

With the Game haing evolved since the last years, I think SAB and its reward System has to evolve also to to get adapted to some Gameplay Mechanics, that GW2 does provide by now to make Super Adventure Box more fun, more rewading, less mindboggling eternal grind, a better Gold Sink than it already is and prepared to be expanded finally soon™ to the point of it getting World 3 and World 4 to complete Super Adventure Box, so that Moto can work on a new Project for another different Game of its Box of a completely different type thats far lesser about Jump & Run and far more about being an Shooter for example or a Racing Game or a Beat em Up

Step 1:) Introduce the Tyrian Mastery “Virtual Box
It will have 6 tiers to improve the Reward System of the Super Adventure Box

Tier 1 = Bubble Fanatic – Doubles the value of Bubbles you collect in World 1 and educes Costs of Spheres for World 1 Rewards by 10 Spheres.
So 1 = 2, 5 = 10, 10= 20, 20=40, 50=100

Tier 2 = Bubble Dreamer – Doubles the value of Bubbles you collect in World 2 and reduces the Costs of Spheres for World 2 Rewards by 10 Spheres

Tier 3 = Bubble Lover – Doubles the value of Bubbles you collect in World 3 and reduces the Costs of Spheres for World 3 Rewards by 10 Spheres

Tier 4 = Bubble King/Queen – Doubles the value of Bubbles you collect in World 4 and reduces the Costs of Spheres for World 4 Rewards by 10 Spheres

Tier 5 = Bubble Hearts – Grants your Hearts in Super Adventure Box a blessing from the magic of the Bubble Fairy that protects your Hearts with Bubble Shields improving them so that it takes now two hits before you lose a part of your Heart effectively doubling your Health Pool. Increases also for every Heart you have the chance of receivign at the End reward Chest of a Zone a Skin Chest by 2%.
We can have maximum 5 Hearts, so with this we can increase our Basic Chance to receive Skin Chests from the End reward Chest of Zones by 10%.
This counts towards all Worlds. (Skin Chests are now sellable in TP to give SAB avaluable reward with that you can earn money from other playrs that are willing to buy them from you)

Tier 6 =Bubble Vision – Helps you now in Tribulation Mode to see some kinds of earlier invisible Traps like Fake Ground, like Bomb Traps/Flowers so that it becomes simply a bit more visible for you to know, what you should avoid, however, this Tier doesn’t negate the effects, it helps only to make certain things more visible for you.

Step 2:) Restructuration of the Rewards

Rewards in Super Adventure Box outside of it by moto should get restructured as followed:

Tab 1 = World 1 Rewards
Tab 2 = World 2 Rewards
Tab 3 = World 3 Rewards
Tab 4 = World 4 Rewards
Tab 5 = Basic Rewards
Tab 6 = Guild Hall Decorations/ D-Coins & Designs
Tab 7 = Conversion of Rewards into other things

World 1 Rewards

• Super Weapon Skins for 35/50 (25/40 with Tier 1 Virtual Box Mastery)
  • World 1 Boom Box
  • Mini Moto
  • Mini Princess Miya
  • Plush Moto Backpack Cover
  • Super Backpack Cover
  • King Toad’s Weapon Skins for 70/100 (60/90 with Tier 1 Virtual Box Mastery)
    Unlocked after having completed all World 1 Achievements and having completed at least World 1 Zone 1 in Tribulation Mode

World 2 Rewards

• World 2 Boom Box
  • Mini Shortcut Eagle
  • Mini Villain
  • Mini Shop Keeper
  • Plush Miya Backpack Cover
  • Virtual Aura Backpack Cover
  • Storm Wizard’s Weapon Skins for 70/100 (60/90 with Tier 2 Virtual Box Mastery)
    Unlocked after having completed all World 2 Achievements and having completed at least World 2 Zone 1 in Tribulation Mode

World 3 Rewards

• World 3 Boom Box
  • Mini Rogue
  • Mini ???
  • Mini ???
  • Plush Villain Backpack Cover
  • Happy Cloud Backpack Cover
  • Kaiser Snake Weapon Skins for 70/100 (60/90 with Tier 3 of Virtual Box Mastery)
    Unlocked after having completed all World 3 Achievements and having completed at least World 3 Zone 1 in Tribulation Mode

World 4 Rewards

• World 4 Boom Box
  • Mini ???
  • Mini ???
  • Mini ???
  • Mad Cloud Backpack Cover
  • Virtual Outfit (including Costume Brawl Toy)
  • Villainous Weapon Skins (Purple Color) for 70/100 (60/90 with Tier 4 Virtual Box Mastery)
    Unlocked after having completed all World 4 Achievements and having completed at least World 4 Zone 1 in Tribulation Mode

Basic Rewards

• Obsidian Shards
  • Bag of Random Tier Matrials
  • Bubbles 250
  • Super Adventure Box of Fun

Guild Hall Decorations & Designs

• Designs of the various Weapon Types for the Mystic Forge
  • The various Guild Hall Decorations

Conversion of Rewards

• Continue Coin for Bubbles
  • Continue Coin (25) for Bubbles
  • Sphere for Bubbles
  • Limited Super Explosive Finisher for Bubbles
  • Fancy Furniture Coins
    Unlocks after having completed the achievements for World 1 & 2 finding the hidden Furniture Shop Keepers

I think with these little tweaks and improvements here n there would be the Super Adventure Box in GW2 far better
Complete it in this state, make it permanent accessible once all worlds have been released and then expand the Virtual Box with a few more Games from Moto ^^

I’d so love it if he’d provide us with some more lovely Retro Style Games, but just with other Genres and other popular Retro games beign used as inspiration.

SAB was clearly a fusion between Super Mario and Legend of Zelda, Nintendos greatest two trademark games.

For a different kind of Retro Game in Motos Box I’d love to see for example a fusion between Megaman and Strider (Capcom Retro) for an (3rd Person/Ego) Action Shooter Game maybe, that has lesser focus on hardcore jumping and therefore more focus on fast paced action and shooting elements.
I’m pretty sure you’d come up with something unique out of this that would be a hell alot of fun too and it would strengthen the uniqueness of Motos Box as a Feature overall in GW2, if it would get also expanded to have also different Minigames than only SAB.
This Gameplay Concept is like Fractals, so easily openly expandable, so please make also usgae of the potential of Moto’s Box for more different Retro Homage Games.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I dont like any suggestion that makes SAB easier or the rewards easier to get. Even tribulation mode is quite easy after you played through 1 or 2 times.
So a fat -1 to most of your post.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Orpheal.8263

Yah, I know, and don’t care of your -1 ,because we all know, that you are in general against just everything that makes something better, that in your eyes devalues just something, because YOU have done it already with one of your trillion accounts, because everything you care for only is to stay as long as possible a special snowflake, so that you can boast yourself here in the forums about what an elitist and how awesome you are …

Seriously, give me a break.

The April Patch is coming soon and its all about REDUCING GRIND. the Devs have clearly said it, that they want to focus on reducing grind in this game.

Getting all the Skins from SAB is a HUGE grind and there should be an alternative of farming Bubbles (which is still a huge grind, but at least not such a massive masochistic frustrative one, as like to grind your butt of in Tribulation Mode.

To get for example the full king Toads Set done, you would be forced to play through all 3 Zones of World 1 freaking 16 times!!! just so that you get all the stuff needed to create through the Mystic Forge and after spending 32 Gold a full colelction.
The Gold is not a problem, by the massive absolutely unrelative grind of havign to repeat the same masochistic frustrating task 16 times is just madness (oh yeah, PER ZONE not to forget to say – why? because just to make the skins per Mystic Toilet, you require for each weapon 1 of 3 different reward items from every zone in tribulation mode that you need then to throw with a Weapon Design into it and flush it down, just to get the toad/wizard skins!!)

I’d rather grind out the required amount of Bubbles to buy the required amount of Spheres to buy the Skins I need and do meanwhile in the game somethign SENSEFUL that makes fun, namely actualy fulfilling ALL the achievements of the various worlds and doing something specific, thats needed to unlock the skins as rewards to become buyable.

And to reduce that grind, adding a unique Mastery would be the best and most simplest way to reduce the Bubble Grind by 50%, but naturalyl not just for free, with a Mastery being there as Character Progression, you’d still have first to do something to earn yourself the right to earn faster Bubbles than normal and that is restricted even per World for each Tier, so unless you haven’t progressed to Tier 2 of the Mastery, you won’t gain increased Bubbles when you run around in World 2.

The last tier of the mastery is also just there to make Tribulation Mode just visually lesser masochistic and frustrating due to alot of things beign not visible to you normally, however, making some thigns visialbe doesn’t mean, that it negates the traps..it will help you out only on becoming a bit better aware of them so that you can try to better avoid them.

However, it’s surely not a mastery, that any kind of special snowflake elitist would ever need, so I don’t see, why it should be a problem for anyone, if there would exist such a mastery… it’s still everyones own personal choice to use such a kind of help, or to ignore the help you can get, if thats it what you need to boast you egos /shrugs

(edited by Orpheal.8263)

Malediktus.9250

You are probably not supposed to get all the skins in one festival period, but get them over a longer period of time since it is a recurring event. Only the most hardcore people will manage to get all skins this festival period which is fine since otherwise SAB would be dead next time comes back.
And it is part of tribulation mode that you cannot see a lot of traps and need to figure them out by trial and error (or by looking at a guide). Deal with it.

I dont get why people still complain about optional grind like these collections. It is a must have or othwise MMOs are die. It is impossible to create enough content that a healthy player population can be maintained without optional grinds.

(edited by Malediktus.9250)

Orpheal.8263

Malediktus, even with my proposed changes NOBODY, I repeat, absololutely NOBODY would be able to get all the skins just within 19 days!!!

And about the last section, thats exactly what I’ve done today and completed World 1 Zone 1 Tribulation Mode and even with a guid it was absolute masochistic and frustrating, because you can read the best guide of this world, it won’t do the work for you, its still you, the player which must do the thigns in the game. A usage of a guide is no guarantee for success and gettign everythign spoon fed in regard of rewards..
Its still the player, which must be able to do what the guide tells you to do to earn the rewards – with alot of trial and error still, because no guide absolutely shows and explains exactly everythign always perfectly, even those ones from Dulfy not and they are already nearly perfect and simple to understand, foolproof would I just say even.

To get evrything I proposed here within 19 days, I player would need to have done first:

• Have done all Achievements of World 1 Normal Mode
  • Have done all Achievements of World 2 Normal Mode
  • Mastered Virtual Box to at least Tier 4 to gain the increased bubble Effect for all 4 Worlds and I have not spoken of how much Exp it would require or any other mechanic special maybe for SAB to progress within this Mastery, because I knew, somebody like you would come just to say "haha, we hardcore people just can do it in 19 days, come what may "
  • Farm after this point then enough bubbles for enough Spheres to buy all the skins

Even if someone would stay just in World 1 to farm there bubbles, World 1 is the least effective area of Sab to make quick bubbles and we don’t even have World 3 and 4 yet, so ANet has always the option free to make one of them the most lucrative area to farm most efficiently bubbles there, what would make even only sense, because so wider you progress, so better it should become to earn bubbles, as World 3 and 4 surely will also again required UPGRADES for our equipment, which will cost us alot of bubbles again also too.

Thats also why I made at least completeting Zone 1 of each world part of the requirement to unlock the weapon skins for the buying option to get them through collecting tons of Spheres instead, which as said is stil la huge grind, but definetely one, that saves everyones minds from this masochistic mess that is tribulation mode and the unneccessary grind of havign to repeat each zone of that freaking 16 times, when just 1 time is absolutely ENOUGH, when people should rather focus their time on doing successfulyl all achivements of the various SAB worlds completely, than to repeat and and the same stuff over and over and over again just to get enough of something, so that you can create all 16 skins of a weapon collection.

And this horrible grund was just calculated for King Toads Weapons.
You have to repeat thsi mess even again for the Storm Wizard Weapons, just for World 2, which is in its size like THREE TIMES AS LONG AS THE COMPLETE WORLD 1

I repeat, nobody, absolutely nobody will be able to do all of this for both weapon collections within 19 days.
If anybody does this successfully, that person is inhuman, has no life, no job, no anything and practically lives in the Super Adventure Box since it got released … lol

Malediktus.9250

Of course people would get all skins within 19 days. You can do that already now. Your suggestions would just make it at least 50% easier.
Several people collected ALL 16 toad king skins within 24 hours of the SAB came live. I give it 3 days and those people also have all Storm Wizard skins.
The 16 blue skins are easy too if you can do all 6 zones on normal + tribulation per day = 1 skin guaranteed per day. Plus chance for bonus skin from daily chests.
The orange skins are the tricky part but if you are wealthy you can take the shortcut and buy them from TP. They look expensive now, but in 4 days people start getting their chests from the repeatable achievements and price will drop.

Honestly you just sound like an entitled “I want it all – I want it now” person with zero patience. If you would spend all that effort you use for your huge walls of texts for playing the SAB you would have at least 1 toad skin more by now.

(edited by Malediktus.9250)

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

its a festival now
means its coming every year
means you dont NEED to get everything in one go, in fact if you did there might not be anything for you to get next year because for whatever reason anet does not seem to see fit to give proper support to SAB content

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

Orpheal.8263

I dont believe you, because those 19 days are essentially far lesser time, when you remove from this the time that a normal person has to sleep, to work or do other normal things of social life each day that cut down the maximum time that a person can spent with GW2 to do things in SAB effectively.

If you just remove from the 19 days the time that you use for sleep, the number is already reduced down by one 3rd effectively, so it are 12,7 days left after removing just the tiem a person sleeps over 19 days approximately, and we speak of the usual healthy sleep of 8 hours.
Remove the same amount of tiem again if we speak of a prson with a normal life, that has to work each day for 8 hours and has also lost time from getting to work and gettign back to home, lets be fair, 38h week with 2 hours/days lost from getting to work and getting back to home together, so basically over a week that are then 48h lost that a normal person wouldnt be able to spent in the game, times 2 because 19 days are more than two weeks, so 96h lost within the 19 days that you wouldnt be able to play with a normal job life, thats again calculated through 24hs from the 12,7 days left exactly another 4 days that youd need to remove.

So 8,7 days for a player, that has done none of the achievements either in world 1 nor 1, a hardcore player that plays SAB this year for his first tiem, someone like that with a normal life shoud be able to get in hardly 9 days everything done???

Nope, I don’t believe you one single word.
That hardcore player do i want to see, which is in basically 9 days from startign complete from scratch SAB new to the point of having all weapon collections completed and all achievements of SAB done that would be required to become able to buy Toad/Wizard Skisn via Spheres that are collected or made from 250 bubbles, when just one 1hand super skin already costs 35*250 =8750 Bubbles

Unless there exists a place I dont know yet in SAB, thats so goot to farm these 8750 and more bubbles in such a super speed…
The two handed weapons cost even more (12500 bubbles), while I suggested that naturally toad and wizard weapons should naturally cost far more bubles than their simple super vrsions that everyone can farm through just bubble grinding without having to set a foot into the harder mode

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Memory, there’s your “bubble vision”. You remember a trap is there so you go elsewhere.

Posted by: pikkunana.7495

pikkunana.7495

Tribute mode is not that bad even not hardcore player. ^_^ I was aple to learn it with guide of dulfy and learned own tricks to pass hard part. 5min each zone in world 1. Traps can be memorize. Still can make at least 2 skins per day and still have time work and life. I like SAB the way its now. Challenge is fun. (T^T)// kitten that jumping rock

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

omg
no

sab already has a solid reward structure with about 1 hole (your 17th+ trib token). it doesnt need to be tied to masteries.

if you run through w1, w2, and both trib modes each day, youll have enough bobbles and tokens to collect all skins. the other 3 days are slack for if youre new, doing achieves, or away.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I don’t know SAB well enough to form a solid opinion on whether your proposal would enhance or eviscerate it. I do, however, question the usefulness of a mastery track one can take advantage of less than three weeks a year given how much complaining there has been on the difficulty of getting enough mastery points in Core Tyria for the tracks already in place.

You did say “make it permanent” but apparently that part won’t happen because SAB breaks when larger patches hit so they aren’t going to fix it except for its festival time.

Posted by: Critical Lag.9075

Critical Lag.9075

SAB is fine as it is right now. I clear all modes in about 2 hours now after some practice and in that time I get 1 of each coloured weapons (except orange). Tribulation mode is also fine as it is, you can learn paths in 1 – 2 runs and then it’s just practicing the jumps. And all that cheap deaths and traps in tribulation is what makes it fun, either discovering it all on your own or practicing your jumping skills to clear it faster and faster each time you do it.

Also don’t get your hopes for World 3 and 4, they said in stream that it is very unlikely they will ever come as it requires them to have 6-8 devs full for over 6 months to create 1 world and it’s not resource they can put into side project right now.