[Suggestion]SAB Tribulation tokens exchange

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: RobotInProgress.9782

RobotInProgress.9782

For people like myself who managed to obtain all the Toad King and Storm Wizard weapon skins the last time SAB was around, we have very little to do this year round.

I propose allowing for exchanging additional Tribulation tokens for Crimson weapons tokens (doesn’t have to be one for one) or for Bauble Bubbles. I for one would prefer the former rather than the later due to both the Kaiser Weapons and the Crimson Weapons being tied to dailies doesn’t allow for either to be completed.
(Kaiser weapon skins can be bought on the TP, whereas Crimson skins cannot, hence why this is more of an issue I feel)

I can only hope that something is implemented before the event ends, otherwise they take up space that can be used for other things and it would be a shame to throw them away.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Just let us mystic forge them with an 4th agent to create something unique. Then that each zones unique thing + continue coins and another agent and to create a Box of Crimson/Kaiser skins account bound.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I can only hope that something is implemented before the event ends, otherwise they take up space that can be used for other things and it would be a shame to throw them away.

There’s almost no chance that something can be changed about this before the festival ends, on the 19-20 April. Off the top of my head, here’s a few things that would have to happen first:

• There’d be a meeting (brief or otherwise) among affected groups: do we agree this is an issue? If yes, do we have enough people available to do something about it?
  • What sort of reward should be available to Trib mode experts who completed sets before this year?
  • Do we have any nearly-finished designs that we can polish off in time?
  • What impact would this have on other players, including any economic impact?

That’s a lot for ANet to handle on short notice.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

(edited by Illconceived Was Na.9781)

Posted by: drunkenpilot.9837

drunkenpilot.9837

I’d love to see Anet implement a new way for us to spend our trib tokens, but as IWN said it’s extremely unlikely this would be implemented before the end of this year’s festival. Maybe they’ll set something up for us next year.

I don’t agree with the idea of using trib tokens as a means to purchase Kaiser or Crimson skins, though. I think those skins have enough “prestige” associated with them as it is, and that prestige would be pretty significantly lessened by the ability to simply farm them via trib tokens. I might be going out on a limb here, but I think most of the players who desire an alternate use for these tokens are able to effectively speedrun tribulation zones fast enough that they’d be able to farm the remaining Kaiser/Crimson skins within one festival season. These skins should take much longer to acquire, in my opinion.

That said, I’d still love for an alternate use for them. I think even a small amount of baubles or furniture coins would be fair. I’d be perfectly happy to be able to trade the tokens in a 1:1 exchange rate for furniture coins—this would value each trib token at 25 baubles each. That may not seem like much, but when you’re farming tribulation zones for baubles, an extra 25 baubles per zone will add up really quickly. Since world 2 is more challenging (or more time consuming, at the very least), perhaps world 2 tokens could be exchanged at a 1:2 rate for coins, valuing world 2 tokens at 50 baubles each. Just an idea.

Posted by: Ze Dos Cavalos.6132

Ze Dos Cavalos.6132

I finished all the weapons collections last year so I vote to just let us exchange each trib token for a good amount of baubles, that will motivate ppl to do trib mode everyday.
Shouldn’t be very hard to implement that, just add that option to moto.

Atm theres no motivation to do tribulation at all

[DIE] Death is Energy

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

I vote for an exchange too! I have one of those tribulation tokens in my bank that I’ll never use (as I loathe tribulation mode and only did it for the furniture coin exchange). I just suck too much at that twitch jumping to even consider going for more but I also don’t want to trash it…

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

I’d love to see Anet implement a new way for us to spend our trib tokens, but as IWN said it’s extremely unlikely this would be implemented before the end of this year’s festival. Maybe they’ll set something up for us next year.

I don’t agree with the idea of using trib tokens as a means to purchase Kaiser or Crimson skins, though. I think those skins have enough “prestige” associated with them as it is, and that prestige would be pretty significantly lessened by the ability to simply farm them via trib tokens. I might be going out on a limb here, but I think most of the players who desire an alternate use for these tokens are able to effectively speedrun tribulation zones fast enough that they’d be able to farm the remaining Kaiser/Crimson skins within one festival season. These skins should take much longer to acquire, in my opinion.

That said, I’d still love for an alternate use for them. I think even a small amount of baubles or furniture coins would be fair. I’d be perfectly happy to be able to trade the tokens in a 1:1 exchange rate for furniture coins—this would value each trib token at 25 baubles each. That may not seem like much, but when you’re farming tribulation zones for baubles, an extra 25 baubles per zone will add up really quickly. Since world 2 is more challenging (or more time consuming, at the very least), perhaps world 2 tokens could be exchanged at a 1:2 rate for coins, valuing world 2 tokens at 50 baubles each. Just an idea.

I completely disagree the prestigious weapons are the King Toad and the Storm Wizard weapons you have to complete a full run of tribulation mode to get them after all per weapon. The Kaiser and Crimson are awarded just for logging in and doing three dailies that can be completed in infantile mode. Nothing prestigious about that at all it would be like adding a weapon set unlocked by completing 8 days worth of regular daily metas.

The reason why storm and toad are looked down upon is due to all the sold trib runs last year as people literally just bought them like the blue set. None of the weapons really carry any weight and it would require a world 3 and 4 which prevented paid trib runs from the very start to get a set people would admire. So I see no reason why trib coins couldn’t be used to help acquire the red/orange/blue skins.

Posted by: Fremtid.5817

Fremtid.5817

I completely disagree the prestigious weapons are the King Toad and the Storm Wizard weapons you have to complete a full run of tribulation mode to get them after all per weapon. The Kaiser and Crimson are awarded just for logging in and doing three dailies that can be completed in infantile mode. Nothing prestigious about that at all it would be like adding a weapon set unlocked by completing 8 days worth of regular daily metas.

The reason why storm and toad are looked down upon is due to all the sold trib runs last year as people literally just bought them like the blue set. None of the weapons really carry any weight and it would require a world 3 and 4 which prevented paid trib runs from the very start to get a set people would admire. So I see no reason why trib coins couldn’t be used to help acquire the red/orange/blue skins.

Actually the only daily you can do in infantile mode i believe is the interior design and maybe adventuring, the digging ones etc dont count.

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

Actually the only daily you can do in infantile mode i believe is the interior design and maybe adventuring, the digging ones etc dont count.

Digging only fails to complete because they nerfed dig spots so you don’t get enough for a chest. Pretty sure environmental and locksmith works too in addition to interior however you have to buy the keys in infantile mode. If I’m short on time I’ll complete some on infantile and bail out of the stage after I get it but usually I run normal because of the glorious chest at the end.

Posted by: Moonyeti.3296

Moonyeti.3296

You can’t do adventure or environmental? (the digging ones) in infantile, but you can do all the others.