[Suggestion] Setting "Day/Night Cycle"

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Amphian.2084

Amphian.2084

I’d like to request the opposite – an option in video settings to make nights, caves, and other dark locations not so impossibly dark. I have to crank the brightness on my monitor when I play the game (which I’ve never had to do on another game) or set the gamma to 1.5 in particularly bad locations indoors at night. Compared to the other MMOs I have played, night is quite dark in Tyria.

Jumping puzzles or even just difficult vistas are among the worst for me, where the penalty for not seeing well is high – and I don’t mean the ones like the Weyandt’s Revenge or Forsaken Halls where it is supposed to be nearly completely dark as part of the challenge.

I don’t mind an option to make it darker as long as I get one to make it lighter.

Posted by: RapidSausage.4620

RapidSausage.4620

I literally posted a similar thread saying pretty much the same thing xD

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Or you know.. They could just implement a tiny icon displaying either a sun or moon as part of the map interface to inform us whether it’s day or night.

Posted by: saalle.4623

saalle.4623

Or you know.. They could just implement a tiny icon displaying either a sun or moon as part of the map interface to inform us whether it’s day or night.

We want real visuals,we want to feel the difference…not to look at icon..

Posted by: Orion Templar.4589

Orion Templar.4589

I’ve often wanted a way to know what time of day it is in the game world. Not “server time” from the options, but the actual time of the Tyrian day. Reason being sometimes I want to craft a screen shot from a certain area and know that I’ve got the brightest (or darkest) possible time of day (or night) for making the optimal screen shot.

Posted by: serow.6524

serow.6524

There’s a day/night cycle in GW2?

Current 80s: Ranger, Mesmer, Guardian, Elementalist, Revenant, Necromancer.
Working on: Engineer

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

This would be great. And there is kind of a cycle. Certain zones or dungeons are one time of day. Also you can tell with certain weapons that change with nighttime effects such as an AC weapon.

Also weather would be sweet but that’s asking too much… I recently played FF14 and the thunderstorms are so cool.

Posted by: ReV.6097

ReV.6097

an option in video settings to make nights, caves, and other dark locations not so impossibly dark. I have to crank the gamma to 1.5 in particularly bad locations indoors

I don’t mind an option to make it darker as long as I get one to make it lighter.

Agreed, it’s worse when you go from “full screen” mode, to “windowed fullscreen”, as it disables the gamma bar from being changed.

GW2 Role Play Deviant art -
Legacy of Kain:
[link]http://fav.me/d8kgamy[/link]