[Suggestion] Setting to disable gag boxes

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tekoneiric.6817

Tekoneiric.6817

Many users find the gag boxes annoying. Some players put them in places to cause the most annoyance. It would be nice to have a setting that makes the gag boxes either invisible or disabled to players who have them disabled in their settings.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

+1, totally agree

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

By ‘gag boxes’ I am assuming you mean Box o’ Fun, Bobblehead Laboratory, Aviator’s Memory Box, etc…
I agree they can be an annoyance when good-for-nothing trolls put them on top of NPCs, treasure chests and the like.
It’s been suggested before that Anet should make these things undeployable in a small radius around those same NPCs, treasure chests and other such intractable things.

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

There is a workaround by manually clicking on the NPC, chest, whatnot, but there shouldn’t HAVE to be a workaround.

/signed.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

There is a workaround by manually clicking on the NPC, chest, whatnot, but there shouldn’t HAVE to be a workaround.

/signed.

I agree. People who troll like this (or most any other way, imho) should have their toys taken away.

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

FWIW, over in WoW they finally released an item after an awful long time that disabled the “train set” toy, both sound and action, on a character. That was /such/ a relief.

(Though I had long since disabled the sound by placing empty files where WoW looked for them unpacked on disk prior to in the archives. This was an extremely common and well documented work-around, because I was hardly the only person bothered by this noisy, interrupting spam.)

I’d love to have them disabled everywhere. I don’t like these toys, and the only time I ever trigger one is accidentally. I’m sure some people enjoy them, but I can’t stand them.

Letting me opt out means everyone wins: others can still deploy them, but for me, they don’t exist, thus no problem. Yay!