Suggestion: Share Perma Gathering tool's

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ZomBie.8156

ZomBie.8156

Just a suggestion for us to be able to share Permanent Gathering tool’s instead of changing them from Characters like I do myself, since I play quite a few classes. This would save me so much effort and time.

I’m sure many people in the Guild Wars 2 community would like to see this in game.

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

Agreed – this would be a great improvement

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

If they put account wide slots that go into our regular harvesting tool slots for sale in the gem store, I would buy them immediately.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Pittcrew.6592

Pittcrew.6592

If they put account wide slots that go into our regular harvesting tool slots for sale in the gem store, I would buy them immediately.

Wow, that’s actually a very good idea (whether what I’m thinking is what you meant or not). They could just add 3 more slots to character equipment page that are unlocked via a store purchase. You could slot any tool into the shared slots, and then you could, like with weapons, switch between using shared and personal tool slots per character. (You could choose for each and every slot, not just all or nothing).

(edited by Pittcrew.6592)

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

I’ve never had interest in the permanent gathering tools, and an undeniable part of that is the fact that I’ll frequently play multiple characters per session. Swapping gathering tools has always been too much of a hassle for me, given that it’s supposed to be a convenience item.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

I’d love this change. It would keep me from losing my valuable harvesting tools (Like my molten axe and pick) if I accidentally leave them on a character I quickly remake. I’m still waiting to hear back from CS about that…

Just a flesh wound.3589

I’d love this change. It would keep me from losing my valuable harvesting tools (Like my molten axe and pick) if I accidentally leave them on a character I quickly remake. I’m still waiting to hear back from CS about that…

Having nothing better to do one day, I deleted a low level char about a week back…… and my full set of gemstore harvesting tools that she had on her. Support gave me another set within 24 hours. I don’t recommend doing this on a regular basis but they will send you another set if you accidently delete yours.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

Of course, the big question: How much should they raise the price for making gathering tools account-wide, if they did that? Or should it be sold as some kind of upgrade to the slot itself, separate from the tools, that is purchased separately? At what price?

Seems like it would have to be higher than the current price to make sense for them to do it, but I’m not too interested in shelling out $16 so I don’t have to stock my characters with Orichalcum/Frostbitten mining picks. It might not be too much for them to ask, but it’s more than I’m willing to pay.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Just a flesh wound.3589

Of course, the big question: How much should they raise the price for making gathering tools account-wide, if they did that? Or should it be sold as some kind of upgrade to the slot itself, separate from the tools, that is purchased separately? At what price?

Seems like it would have to be higher than the current price to make sense for them to do it, but I’m not too interested in shelling out $16 so I don’t have to stock my characters with Orichalcum/Frostbitten mining picks. It might not be too much for them to ask, but it’s more than I’m willing to pay.

Will they have to raise the price of the harvesting tools? The price of the account wide harvesting tool slots that they will charge is the extra money to pay for it.

Right now mine are in my account wide slots I have for all my chars to use, and from comments on the forum I’m not the only one that has them there. Harvesting tool slots will move them from my inventory to the account wide harvesting tool slots, where I will never have to worry about deleting them by accident or leaving them on one char at the end of the day and then have to track them down the next day.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: impgirl.2918

impgirl.2918

Wouldn’t it also be great if we could change the perma gathering tool skins when we’ve unlocked more than one variety? I bought quite a few molten picks back in the day when they were the only ones available but now I have a mining laser (mad scientist) and I really like that. Could we have a wardrobe section for them?

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

If they made the tools accessible for all characters on the item level, they would have to refund players for duplicates. This is similar to what they did when they modified them from soulbound to account bound years ago. They changed the functionality of the item itself so refunds were given.

I doubt they would make any other additional changes given that they have been adding shared account slots but it doesn’t hurt to ask.