Suggestion: Shared Slots and Harvest Tools

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Cobrakon.3108

Cobrakon.3108

I know some people frown on the idea of having access to infinite use gathering tools on each character, because they think anet would lose money. But how many people really get 3 inf harvesting tools for each character they have?

I think anet could actually make more money if they allowed all harvesting tools to be used in shared inventory slots.

People would have more reason to buy the shared inventory slots, and sales would increase for that item and the gathering tools items.

All I ask is that when you right click a harvesting tool while its in a shared inventory slot, there be a “use” option or the normal use option pops up on screen.

That way players can decide to equip the tools or leave them in shared inventory.

I know that if this feature existed I would pick up more inventory slots amd harvesting tools: the lack of this feature is the only reason I haven’t already.

Notice it isn’t the same as just making the tools infinite use account wide with out swapping.

This would be highly synergistic with shared inventory slots and sales would increase because of it.

You would have many people that would buy 3 inventory slots and 3 gathering tools.

The final thing needed would be to allow those who bought multiple tools to trade for another item.

I suggest using the mystic forge and offering a couple of items. just add some items to miyani.

So the mystic forge recipes could be for packs (boosters, skins, dyes) or specific items (salvage o’matics, minis, gliders, back/glider combos, Ticket Scraps.)

so a recipe for the copper salvage omatic might look like something like this:

1 harvest tool+1 copper collector
the copper collector would be sold by miyani.

or if the mystic forge needs 4 items.

1 harvest tool 1 copper collector stack of bloodstone dust and 1 mystic forge stone (or whatever items anet think would work best)

So now you have profit synergy with shared inventory slots and gathering tools. You also have a way to improve customer service. Someone might not be as apt to request gem or cash refund if you enable the mystic forge this way. This could be used for more than just the harvest tools in the future.

Take note that the mustic forge items your able to get dont have to conflict with gemstore sales. You just offer a particular nitch item, or an item that is not quite as cost effective as if you were to purchase more gems etc.

(edited by Cobrakon.3108)

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Then what’s next? Legendary weapons? Ascended weapons and armor? No, you have to equip harvesting tools just like armor and weapons. You can’t use them out of your inventory and that’s what shared slots are, shared INVENTORY slots.

This was one of the first things players wanted when shared inventory slots first came out.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

You would have many people that would buy 3 inventory slots and 3 gathering tools.

I have 11 shared slots (bought 5 last night) and 15 or 16 unique infinite gathering tools. I’d be happy to trade in 12 of those tools for gems. I have two watchwork mining picks already, I can’t see any purpose in really buying any another pick unless they create other tools with rare chances to get additional materials.

I know that if this feature existed I would pick up more inventory slots amd harvesting tools: the lack of this feature is the only reason I haven’t already.

Do you have any of either at the moment?

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

or, you know, you could buy the slots and the tools, put the infinite tools in the slots, equip copper tools on your characters, and double click to switch between the tool sets quickly.

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

I have 10x infinite gathering tool sets and 10x infinite copper salvage kit. then they bring the shared slots and now i got one copper salvage kit in one of them and the other 9 are rotting on my chars. Same with the gathering tools, put a set in shared inv and did as the poster above said, equip a set of normal tools and just switch them out for different chars. again rest of the 9 sets are just being wasted. I guess i shouldn’t have bothered with the shared inv, but (as if i hadn’t already wasted enough money in this game) i continue to support it for some reason. Hoping things would get better i guess.

Anyway, it would be nice if they offered us some kind of exchange for something nice, digital pixels don’t cost them much and they could use something already in the game. It would certainly make me feel more valued as a customer who’s spent $1000’s in this game. I’ve heard there was an opportunity to seek a refund after shared inv was introduced, but i didnt’ know about it. I guess it wasn’t well publicized if at all. In any case, i heard it was offered only to those who had just purchased those tools/salvage kits prior to the shared slots introduction so i wouldn’t have qualified anyway since i bought mine some time ago.

Ah well, no more spending for me i guess.

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

I agree with you. You have shared inventory, shared currency and shared stash. While it is a QoL item it is ultimately meaningless to actually have in the game without that universality. It’s why I’ve never bothered to buy any and why I avoided the salvage machines too; it saves all but a few seconds and fills the inventory with junk sigils to boot.