[Suggestion] Shortcuts for Trait builds

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kovyn Alander.2138

Kovyn Alander.2138

With the upcoming patch we are getting free trait resets any time we want pretty much. That’s rather helpful for those who like to play diversely with their characters.

Along with that I have a suggestion to take it a step further. That being that we basically have shortcuts to saved builds that players create in tabs that would fall underneath the Traits tab in the Skills and Traits section of the Hero Panel. These shortcuts would be named by the player to identify which to use for the situation at hand or about to encounter. “WvW”….“PvP”…“CHARRGORAWR”…“Dungeons”. You know.

So basically… Hero Panel > Skills and Traits > Traits > choose customized build and click an activate button. Let’s not forget a “New Build” button so you can add more later up to a limit of 3 or 5 or so.

Posted by: Intuneric.7652

Intuneric.7652

similar to gw1 where you could save builds as templates and load it up later with 1 mouse click, great idea

Posted by: hulmen.8713

hulmen.8713

Superb idea. This would be very helpful!

Kovyn Alander.2138

I think this would a benefit to the community overall in a small way. You could look up a build, try it out, and then forget what you had before. Or someone tells you a build and you forget parts of it but save the build so you can ask again later to finish it.

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

… store far less data inside templates when those happen.

THIS excites me Are we going to be able to store templates? That would really be a big big step!

No ETA on templates. However, the new build tech brings us muuuuch closer than before.

20 level 80s and counting.

Kovyn Alander.2138

There’s a chance! That’s good news. I wouldn’t have thought to call it a template but that works too.

Posted by: Kate Soulguard.7132

Kate Soulguard.7132

+1

This will be extremely useful, similar to the way it worked in GW1. It was a huge time-saver then.