[Suggestion] Shovels

[Suggestion] Shovels

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: kamedin.4698

kamedin.4698

This is just an idea, how about we add a merchant at the end of Vinewrath where we can buy shovels from. I would probably limit it at 5 shovels per Vinewrath and maybe add something where you need Hero of the Wastes to buy them, that way you still have to earn the shovels in a way.

EDIT 2

5 Shovels/day at 500 Bandit Crests still having to complete Vinewrath. And please don’t make this into a "I dislike chest farming people or Silverwastes is only for defending or taking events thread.

Lyscir – Main Engi
[????] – HoD

(edited by kamedin.4698)

[Suggestion] Shovels

Posted by: skillze.7689

skillze.7689

definitely not, the way it is now is just fine. reason being it incourages players to complete the defense events which makes silverwaste boss encounters, it seems the only beneifit to this is for chest runners if the game was all about chest running then what a waste of content silverwaste is. -10000 rep for this idea

[Suggestion] Shovels

Posted by: Photonman.6241

Photonman.6241

Yea, people always show up for Vinewrath but never take or defend forts. That’s lame… I’m voting against this too.

[Suggestion] Shovels

kamedin.4698

So you think Silverwastes is all about take or defending forts? If so then I don’t know why they added Bandit Chests, a giant JP underneath everything, or a labyrinth that is all about FINDING CHESTS.

EDIT:
Bonus chests for completion of events in The Silverwastes
Rare drop from enemies in The Silverwastes

According to wiki, the shovels are not just from Fort events but supposedly from any event in Silverwastes

Lyscir – Main Engi
[????] – HoD

(edited by kamedin.4698)

[Suggestion] Shovels

Posted by: Orion Templar.4589

Orion Templar.4589

According to wiki, the shovels are not just from Fort events but supposedly from any event in Silverwastes

Confirmed. The shovels seem to be awarded more often for the fort defense events, however I occasionally get them from other events such as fort reclaim or veteran mordrem events too.

[Suggestion] Shovels

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

If anything shovels need to be made MORE rare, not less, the whole chest farming is already ridiculous

[Suggestion] Shovels

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

I do not support this suggestion.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

[Suggestion] Shovels

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

Maybe time gate it to 5/day instead of 5/VW. This may be more inline with this suggestion and what Anet has done in the past. Also each should cost at minimum 100 crests. One can grind 500 crests easy in a day doing the events.

[Suggestion] Shovels

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

If anything shovels need to be made MORE rare, not less, the whole chest farming is already ridiculous

I agree the chest farming is just getting out of control.. but ANET seem to like it that way.

However the shovel drops imo don’t need altering, but maybe add in a chance that there is no chest when you dig, just some old leather boot or porous bones etc… that way the shovel supply will dry up quicker and more players then have to run events to get more shovels – definitely DO NOT add shovels to vendor lists or the map will just become a mass swamp of farmers and afk’ers.. oooh wait, errmmm, it already is

[Suggestion] Shovels

kamedin.4698

Maybe time gate it to 5/day instead of 5/VW. This may be more inline with this suggestion and what Anet has done in the past. Also each should cost at minimum 100 crests. One can grind 500 crests easy in a day doing the events.

This could work as well. Maybe 5/day for 250 Bandit Crest. It all boils down to how to balance it. Right now I feel though that this thread is becoming like a Stack or Do not stack thread, getting stuck at, the map is for defending and take forts or chest farming.

Lyscir – Main Engi
[????] – HoD

[Suggestion] Shovels

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Nah. It works fine the way it is. Do events/kill mobs = get shovels.

[Suggestion] Shovels

eithinan.9841

This could work as well. Maybe 5/day for 250 Bandit Crest. It all boils down to how to balance it. Right now I feel though that this thread is becoming like a Stack or Do not stack thread, getting stuck at, the map is for defending and take forts or chest farming.

250 crests/5 shovels =/= 100 crests minimum/shovel

Nah. It works fine the way it is. Do events/kill mobs = get shovels.

I agree. That’s why I said at minimum 100/shovel above. I was thinking that a stack of 250crests/shovel would be the correct amount considering the cost of bags of rare gear are 250 crests each. But I figured that would be too high of a number for the forum users to handle.

[Suggestion] Shovels

kamedin.4698

I apologize eithinan, I guess my brain did not read each individual word that was in your post. Personally I think that 500 crests for 5 shovels would be a number, but for 250 crest/shovel I think is a little high myself, but I have not done the math to see how much 1 lost bandit chest actually gives you compared to what 1 piece of rare gear can give you.

I think it would also be interesting to see/hear what Anet wanted The Silverwastes to become (if they haven’t already, I do not cover all parts of their expansive communication to the players) Personally to my it looks like it could be a stage for the past Living story, and if that is not going on, it is a complete loop of a back and forth between the Pact and the Elder Dragon. (Sadly this formula makes this area easily farmed either by events or by lost bandit chest)

Lyscir – Main Engi
[????] – HoD

[Suggestion] Shovels

eithinan.9841

I apologize eithinan, I guess my brain did not read each individual word that was in your post. Personally I think that 500 crests for 5 shovels would be a number, but for 250 crest/shovel I think is a little high myself, but I have not done the math to see how much 1 lost bandit chest actually gives you compared to what 1 piece of rare gear can give you.

No problem, just wanted to point out that I really believe anything under 100crests/shovel would be unreasonable.

As for comparisons, the bag of rare gear costs 20s and 250 crests for a chance at 1 rare or exotic item. So the guaranteed return on these is roughly 20 silver/bag.(I know, I’m using rough numbers)

Considering the gold value of opening lost bandit chests and the guaranteed drops from

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lost_Bandit_Chest

The 250 crest price for each shovel is appearing more balanced than I initially thought.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Embroidered_Coin_Purse

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Priory_Historian_

[Suggestion] Shovels

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

Definitely against this. Shovels can be earned by contributing to the map (or by tagging and leaching, as many do) – we don’t need more shovels so people can zerg around, not helping, for even longer. Sorry, but at the end of the day, that’s what it comes down to – balancing farming and actually playing the content; and right now, I’d actually say it’s already too generous.

[Suggestion] Shovels

Posted by: Altair.8402

Altair.8402

No problem, just wanted to point out that I really believe anything under 100crests/shovel would be unreasonable.

As for comparisons, the bag of rare gear costs 20s and 250 crests for a chance at 1 rare or exotic item. So the guaranteed return on these is roughly 20 silver/bag.(I know, I’m using rough numbers)

Considering the gold value of opening lost bandit chests and the guaranteed drops from

The 250 crest price for each shovel is appearing more balanced than I initially thought.

The exchange rate of crests to money is approximately 1g per stack from loot bags, not 20s from rare gear bags.

[Suggestion] Shovels

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

This is just an idea, how about we add a merchant at the end of Vinewrath where we can buy shovels from. I would probably limit it at 5 shovels per Vinewrath and maybe add something where you need Hero of the Wastes to buy them, that way you still have to earn the shovels in a way.

EDIT 2

5 Shovels/day at 500 Bandit Crests still having to complete Vinewrath. And please don’t make this into a "I dislike chest farming people or Silverwastes is only for defending or taking events thread.

If they removed all shovel rewards from events then I don’t see why not. Getting the shovels ONLY after Vinewrath (and for a limited time) would solve most of the problems with the Silverwastes design.

[Suggestion] Shovels

eithinan.9841

The exchange rate of crests to money is approximately 1g per stack from loot bags, not 20s from rare gear bags.

Are you talking the sandy bags of gear or the bags of stolen goods? I been using the bags of stolen good and opening them just because. I also know you can trade them directly to the TP for kitten I think.

But that is not really what I am comparing. You cannot sell shovels on the tp or rare bags of loot which means comparing those to bags of stolen goods is comparing apples and oranges. The market price on the TP is based off of player supply/demand, not really anet balancing it’s value. The vendor price of bags of stolen goods is 32c.

edit: Kitten = 4.5 Silver