(Suggestion): Simple Fix for Unwanted PMs!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Psynocide.4965

Psynocide.4965

Tired of angst-y, illiterate abuse from the odd unhappy pug or PvP opponent? Dreaming of an end to the constant gold seller spam messages? Here’s the fabulously simple fix!

Short and sweet, add an additional “friends only” contact status – i.e. only those added on your own contact list may send you a private message.

Pretty please with an omnomberry on top.

That other Psy guy

Posted by: sazberryftw.3809

sazberryftw.3809

Pretty please with an omnomberry on top.

You made me hungry.
o^o

(I like this idea).

| Lithia |

Posted by: itsbadcompany.7893

itsbadcompany.7893

+1 with this idea

Posted by: DJRiful.3749

DJRiful.3749

In addition, please have the option tab page (friends request, click to accept).

Stormïe ~ Tarnished Coast | My little monster <3 – http://valid.canardpc.com/6nbdeq

Posted by: Darkorical.9213

Darkorical.9213

On one hand great idea on the other…
What if you forget to turn it off when you are in LFG and someone tries to PM you about a group.

Or you see someone with an awesome skin and you whisper them about it and you never see their reply.

Or you are in WvW and another Commander wants you to go take a couple points on one side of the map while they take some on the other, and you have no idea because they can’t PM you

Or your Random PvP team turns out to be an actual competitive team looking to fill their recently vacated last spot and they like your style.

see my point?

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

What if you forget to turn it off when you are in LFG and someone tries to PM you about a group.

Or you see someone with an awesome skin and you whisper them about it and you never see their reply.

Or you are in WvW and another Commander wants you to go take a couple points on one side of the map while they take some on the other, and you have no idea because they can’t PM you

Or your Random PvP team turns out to be an actual competitive team looking to fill their recently vacated last spot and they like your style.

see my point?

1. LFG – Maybe make it so you can’t be on friends only status to post to LFG. Since it’s not very likely that you’ll get a friend join your LFG from the LFG screen itself.

2 & 3: So people who get harassed or are just tired of the spam or just don’t want to have one on one conversations with strangers have to suffer because other players forgot to change their status?

And doesn’t 2 & 3 already happen because people don’t have chat open and/or their mail box is full…

Posted by: ReesesPBC.4603

ReesesPBC.4603

see my point?

Uhh then that’s your fault?

Currently if you go invisible and try to guild chat it notifies you that you aren’t in a guild. If you know you are in a guild that’s already an indicator that something is amiss, meaning to say that same system can be implemented to the OP’s idea. You can add the people in your party to your group which would be kind of above and beyond necessary because you would also have map chat and team chat.

(edited by ReesesPBC.4603)

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

Perhaps it would be nice if it also removes the chat of the blocked account.

But then again it would be nice if reporting also auto-blocks, or we report and then block the abuser/spambot…

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

Posted by: Madid.4915

Madid.4915

+1 PvP has gotten more annoying with all the PM spam and this is a great idea.

Posted by: RedAnders.6847

RedAnders.6847

I’m all for this. Please.