[Suggestion] Simple crafted civilian outfits.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: kimtingen.6472

kimtingen.6472

When I started playing the game there were something called “Town clothing”. I had a longer break from the game and now that I’m back I can’t find that anywhere, and I miss that function on the game. There’s only the outfits you can buy with gems, or maybe craft in the mystic forge, but most of these are a bit too fancy, or too extreme to serve the same purpose as the town clothing.

So.. I’d like to suggest outfit crafting be added to tailor and leather-worker crafting. This doesn’t have to be fancy outfits, I’d actually prefer that they weren’t super fancy, like the outfits that are in the game, I would rather like to see more normal civilian clothing, like the town clothing that the game had.

I’m a roleplayer and I like to see a an option to use civilian clothing, because it doesn’t make much sense to me to be walking around in a heavy armor at all times when we are just hanging out RPing in the cities, or the bar/tavern, or the guild house, where one is pretty sure one wont be seeing a fight with the monsters that we normally battle when running around in the world.

Posted by: Jinroh.4251

Jinroh.4251

They probably won’t do that cause they feel like “Tonics” was a better idea, despite the massive backlash and opposition against it. We might get town clothing-esque outfits but I have a feeling they are going to be Gem Store only.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I want my T0 Sylvari chest piece back as a normal armor skin.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: arooboo.5143

arooboo.5143

What was the reasoning behind turning town clothes into tonics? I had bought a few items, the leather vest, the bootie shorts, and bunny ears, and the first two were turned into a really ugly tonic, while the bunny ears turned into a skin. I don’t get why they wouldn’t have just turned everything into skins.

kimtingen.6472

Wish we at least could have the town clothing back like it was, they were just plain clothes and all the classes had the same clothing, they were of course different from race to race and gender, but it was an option, now there’s none, lease that I can see.

Posted by: Morsheira.6102

Morsheira.6102

I would like the answer to why Tonics instead of Skins. I mean, I really can not understand the reason why myself and it seems like the Devs have been avoiding that answer for a while. And as they were able to refund the clothing for the tonics, why can they not just fix it and trade in the tonics for the skins? Make people happy once more?

kimtingen.6472

What tonics are you talking about?

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

What tonics are you talking about?

Check the trading post, and look for tonics. The civilian outfit you’re looking for is called Town clothing tonic (or something similar). Should only cost a few copper.

kimtingen.6472

Ah, I see.. Typical game developers, they always find dumb ways of screwing up things that workes perfectly. It used to be a simple click in the Hero window and we had those, now we have to buy some stupid tonic to do the same.