Suggestion: Super Shiney Orb

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nevaahe.6308

Nevaahe.6308

In WvW when you die in the middle of a zerg or enemy objective, sometimes it’s impossible to get your loot.

It would be great to have a Super Shiney Orb, similar to a Revive Orb, but it’s only function is to gather the loot around your dead body within say 1 minute of death. The animation would be similar to the Skritt in the Silverwastes JP that pops up and says “Yes, yes, get shinies”, as it gathers your loot for you.

You could sell it on the Gem Store, have it in BL chests and as rewards in rank up chests.

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

I always push my loot key when I see exp on the screen.. If I die in a fight I wp asap as the loot comes to you in wvw even after you respawn. Pretty neat idea but I feel people would just lay around dead instead of actually wp’ing and trying to run back to the fight.. Of course if it way across the map that’s something different but really being dead and laying on the ground doesn’t help much.. hehe

Also unless I was just dreaming there is a mastery in HoT that is auto loot so loot will automatically go into your bags. Now not sure if that mastery ties into wvw or not but it would be way more useful in wvw than pve if you ask me.. Guess we will find out soon though..

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

(edited by briggah.7910)

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Wish it just autolooted. Hopefully they pass that pact commander autoloot thingy for WvW as I don’t think it was decided yet.

I’ve had to go on Covert Op missions on my Thief into a hive of enemies just to retrieve 1-2 loot bags more than a few times.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Nevaahe.6308

Nevaahe.6308

Yea I do aoe loot when i see xp as well as wp back to get my loot. Sometimes your team wants you to stick around and not wp or you get loot as you die, in which case you cant get your loot if you wp. And many of times have I ran back into the zerg to get that loot.

I did read something about a new loot feature in HoT but I wasn’t sure it would apply to these situations.

Just think this would be a nice item for those cases.

Posted by: BunjiKugashira.9754

BunjiKugashira.9754

The question is: Does HoT autoloot work if you’re down or dead? Because those are the situations where you usually get loot that you can’t pick up.

Shana Flamewielder
Sylvari Elementalist of [SFF]
Abaddons Maul

Posted by: Yamialexa.5103

Yamialexa.5103

I think I heard/read somewhere that autoloot won’t work in WvW, but I’m not 100% sure. Anybody else know about that?

Posted by: Psientist.6437

Psientist.6437

The question is: Does HoT autoloot work if you’re down or dead? Because those are the situations where you usually get loot that you can’t pick up.

Theoretically, I would expect auto-loot to limit the effects of being down or defeated since the loot from kills would immediately go into inventory. If a foe that you got enough kill credit damage on dies after you have been downed or defeated, then I don’t know.

If Commander Pact auto-loot doesn’t work in WvW, what would be the reasoning?

“No! You can’t eat the ones that talk!
They’re special! They got aspirations.”
Finn the human

Posted by: ajithls.5948

ajithls.5948

Also unless I was just dreaming there is a mastery in HoT that is auto loot so loot will automatically go into your bags.

There is already a “autoloot” system and you can find it under options here in-game.

Attachments:

“How much grog could a quaggan quaff if a quaggan could quaff grog?”

Posted by: Yamialexa.5103

Yamialexa.5103

Oops, sorry, I went back and checked. It works in WvW. What I had in mind was the exeption about looting when you die/waypoint.

“If you waypoint away before something dies and it dropped loot, you won’t immediately get it. If you return to the area, you will get the loot as soon as you can see it. It will basically pick up all loot you can see.

The exception is WvW, since loot bags always spawns at your feet. If you waypoint, the loot will spawn at your location and should get immediately picked up."
(taken from dulfy’s notes about masteries)

There is already a “autoloot” system and you can find it under options here in-game.

Though it is called autoloot, it’s not exactly that. It just puts the items immediately into the inventory when you press ‘f’ (or whatever your loot button is). The new upcoming autoloot does that automatically, without you pressing any button.

(edited by Yamialexa.5103)

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Also unless I was just dreaming there is a mastery in HoT that is auto loot so loot will automatically go into your bags.

The “autoloot” in GW2, as it works right now, doesn’t automatically collect your loot; it just collects all of the loot from the corpse/chest automatically (after you press F) instead of making you select each item to pick up.

(edited by RoseofGilead.8907)

Posted by: ajithls.5948

ajithls.5948

The “autoloot” in GW2, as it works right now, doesn’t automatically collect your loot; it just collects all of the loot from the corpse/chest automatically (after you press F) instead of making you select each item to pick up.

Though it is called autoloot, it’s not exactly that. It just puts the items immediately into the inventory when you press ‘f’ (or whatever your loot button is). The new upcoming autoloot does that automatically, without you pressing any button.

I already know that you have to press F.
I only “showed” that there was already something called autoloot in the game.
And I also think that they should just change it so it actually does what its “named” to do instead of the mastery thing.

“How much grog could a quaggan quaff if a quaggan could quaff grog?”

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Pact mastery will auto loot after down/dead as long as you tag.
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pact_Tyria_mastery_track#Pact_Commander_Mastery

Posted by: Psientist.6437

Psientist.6437

Yamialexa.5103, Yargesh.4965 thank you for looking up the info. If the Pact Commandeer Mastery doesn’t require any xp earned, should be an easy one to level.

“No! You can’t eat the ones that talk!
They’re special! They got aspirations.”
Finn the human

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Yamialexa.5103, Yargesh.4965 thank you for looking up the info. If the Pact Commandeer Mastery doesn’t require any xp earned, should be an easy one to level.

I doubt it will not require exp. This is a wiki, all it means is a player has not found the info yet, and won’t until release on Friday.