Suggestion: Tail back items!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Combatter.5123

Combatter.5123

My wife loves asura (“the superior race” in her rather kittenlike words!) but she thinks it’s a bit sad that they don’t have cute fluffy tails. This got me thinking:

Would it be possible to implement a back item that was actually a moving tail for the wearer? Ideas include:

- a fluffy rabbit cottontail
- a brown monkey tail
- a horses tail
- a fox tail
- a curly pink pig tail
- a dragon tail
- a scorption tail
- a rat/skritt tail

…etc. etc. etc…

This might be tricky to implement or it might be really easy. I don’t really know. Also, I’m not sure what you would do with charr characters (that already have a tail) – perhaps they could have their tails replaced or perhaps they could have TWO tails, like Miles from Sonic the Hedgehog 2! ;-)

Anyone else got any cool ideas for tails?

Maetheryl Thorswood (Ranger), Bennish (Guardian), Lex Sabre (Elementalist)
Tyria, Underworld

Combatter.5123

Her words aren’t kittenlike – the forum replaced a four-letter word (that begins with “naz” and ends with “i”) with “kitten”! Also, we have some new tail ideas:

- a beaver tail
- a skunk tail
- a lion tail

Tyria, Underworld

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

I don’t think this will happen, no matter how awesome the idea is.

The clipping issues would be insane and I would imagine that a lot of the smaller tails would be completely covered by some armour.

It’d be more likely that they would make a costume out of these ideas to avoid clipping issues, but I can’t imagine whole animal costumes would be a particularly good seller (lots of people would complain that it’s immersion breaking or that A-net should spend their time making costumes/armour that fit into the game).

You touched on this a little already, but if it were to be implemented, players of charr would probably have reason to cause uproar as they wouldn’t benefit from this as much as humanoid races do. I can totally imagine a female human going “bunny-girl” with the bunny ears and tail, but this would be difficult to do on a charr as they look so unbalanced and weird without their long tails (recall the lich costume rage where charr have their tails removed).

So rather than tails, how about Anet designs more head-gear in-line with the bunny ears? I remember that the cat ears in GW1 were popular, and people are demanding that the bunny ears make a comeback.

Posted by: Jonki.3094

Jonki.3094

Please no. Too many PC’s you come across already look absolutely ridiculous with all the excessive accessories that are available.

Let us not make Tyria any more of a circus than it already is.

Posted by: Silvia.9130

Silvia.9130

Fear it won’t happen, but I’d love if they added this tbh. I hate 99% of the current back items -the only one I appreciate is the ultimate Fractal Capacitor-.

>>Lady Carlie Castle<
>>=<

Combatter.5123

Please no. Too many PC’s you come across already look absolutely ridiculous with all the excessive accessories that are available.

Let us not make Tyria any more of a circus than it already is.

But…but…looking absolutely ridiculous is my raison d’ĂȘtre!

Tyria, Underworld

Posted by: Belenus.9132

Belenus.9132

Worried about looking silly in Guild Wars 2? You only have to look at some of the truly hideous styles which have plagued us in the past to see it happens in real life too. From Elizabethan men’s fashions to dandy’s during the time of Revolutionary France – people will walk around in public in anything if it’s the fashion of the day and they can afford to look like complete CENSORED doing it!

Posted by: GreenAlien.5623

GreenAlien.5623

We already have ridiculous wings, so there is really no reason not to include tails..

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

I like it, and clipping wouldn’t bother me. My Ranger already has hooves for feet, may as well go all the way.

JQ Druid