[Suggestion] Toggle for Eternity

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: OniGiri.9461

OniGiri.9461

TL;DR: A toggle or switch on the context menu of Eternity to turn on and off the day/night cycle would make this weapon truly LEGENDARY!!!!

I am not sure if this was ever suggested but i want to give it a go.

The skin for the legendary weapon Eternity consists of two seperate skins (and of course some cool animations).

The day version: Sunrise with a glowing globe
The night version: Twillight with a glowing globe

Since i made Eternal i just can’t bring myself to transmute it to Twillight (and also lose the cool glowing orb) because it would fit my outfit better.

(edited by OniGiri.9461)

Posted by: Pepsi.8907

Pepsi.8907

So you’d rather craft yourself two Eternity instead of one if it meant not having to lose that glowy orb than transmute it to a twilight / Sunrise skin which you already have considering you needed both to craft Eternity.

This is not realistic.

OniGiri.9461

The crafting part was just a suggestion. I don’t know what the best way would be to implement it.

Posted by: Pepsi.8907

Pepsi.8907

The crafting part was just a suggestion. I don’t know what the best way would be to implement it.

Probably a check box or toggle, but I don’t know how hard it would be to implement.

OniGiri.9461

Probably a check box or toggle, but I don’t know how hard it would be to implement.

Yes something like that. There is already a context menu when you right-click in weapons. add something like “turn off day/night cycle”

Posted by: Hevoskuuri.3891

Hevoskuuri.3891

I agree with this; Eternity skin should be selectable.

You do the hard work, you create 2 legendaries, you combine them, and boom, you have this superior mega-sword to show off that you are better than all those plebs who only craft Sunrise or Twilight.

Then you realize that the drastic colour cycling of this sword makes it impossible to match with any dye set. It definitely shouldn’t be so! Please let us select which skin we want to use, please!

OniGiri.9461

Would be great if there was a way to get the devs attention on this

Posted by: Rawr.9467

Rawr.9467

I’d rather Eternity get it’s own unique skin tbh. I’ve seen some amazing concept art on what it could look like and it honestly brings me down on how little the actual eternity changes when you take into consideration you’re sacrificing a whole legendary.

I sincerely doubt they’d ever bother to change it though

https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/198096/Eternity_Idea.jpg

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

This is not a new suggestion- I’m pretty sure that there has been posts on this topic since Eternity came into existence.

On one hand, this is a positive thing as there are a few people who share your opinion, OP.

On the other hand, as far as I’m aware, no dev has commented on this issue.

Will there be some kind of “fix”? I seriously doubt it- the percentage population in-game who own Eternity is exceedingly low. Last I recall only 15% of the population own one legendary, let alone the most expensive legendary in-game. And there is an even smaller subset of people who only want one individual part of this weapon. So we’re talking maybe a fraction of a percent of the player base that this change would cater for.

It’s not necessarily an easy thing to implement when you have to consider that a number of different teams would have to work on this- and bug test it. These things aren’t a simple fix when there may not be any sort of foundation in-place for such a feature.

A-Net already made an active move to cut the amount of work that goes into legendaries (i.e. when the legendary collections got cut and then the system reworked)- because the time spent there could be allocated to areas of the game that many more people would experience and enjoy.

Granted- there are other weapons in game that are effected by day/night cycles. The ascalonian weapons are some- and they change from exceedingly dull to quite cool depending on the time of day. I’m not sure if there are any other instances of cycle-dependent skins though.

So… A more practical solution? Skin your weapon to which one you prefer.
For matching your armour with your weapon- have your armour dyed to match one and your favourite outfit dyed to match the other cycle of the weapon. Toggle your outfit depending on the time of day.
Try a black and gold dye combination- something that matches and suits both.

This all being said, I do hope that something is implemented- seems like it’d open up some customisation possibilities, and maybe make it easier to add other weapons/armour that cycle (without upsetting people).

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

I’d rather Eternity get it’s own unique skin tbh. I’ve seen some amazing concept art on what it could look like and it honestly brings me down on how little the actual eternity changes when you take into consideration you’re sacrificing a whole legendary.

https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/198096/Eternity_Idea.jpg

kitten … that Eternity looks really nice.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

OniGiri.9461

My heart stopped for a second when i saw that eternity

OniGiri.9461

This is not a new suggestion- I’m pretty sure that there has been posts on this topic since Eternity came into existence.

On one hand, this is a positive thing as there are a few people who share your opinion, OP.

On the other hand, as far as I’m aware, no dev has commented on this issue.

Will there be some kind of “fix”? I seriously doubt it- the percentage population in-game who own Eternity is exceedingly low. Last I recall only 15% of the population own one legendary, let alone the most expensive legendary in-game. And there is an even smaller subset of people who only want one individual part of this weapon. So we’re talking maybe a fraction of a percent of the player base that this change would cater for.

It’s not necessarily an easy thing to implement when you have to consider that a number of different teams would have to work on this- and bug test it. These things aren’t a simple fix when there may not be any sort of foundation in-place for such a feature.

A-Net already made an active move to cut the amount of work that goes into legendaries (i.e. when the legendary collections got cut and then the system reworked)- because the time spent there could be allocated to areas of the game that many more people would experience and enjoy.

Granted- there are other weapons in game that are effected by day/night cycles. The ascalonian weapons are some- and they change from exceedingly dull to quite cool depending on the time of day. I’m not sure if there are any other instances of cycle-dependent skins though.

So… A more practical solution? Skin your weapon to which one you prefer.
For matching your armour with your weapon- have your armour dyed to match one and your favourite outfit dyed to match the other cycle of the weapon. Toggle your outfit depending on the time of day.
Try a black and gold dye combination- something that matches and suits both.

This all being said, I do hope that something is implemented- seems like it’d open up some customisation possibilities, and maybe make it easier to add other weapons/armour that cycle (without upsetting people).

You are right of course. I dont know how much work ist really is even though ist feels like it shouldnt be top much since the two skins already exists.

And im thinking…. There must bei a algorythm to check the time of das and switch the skins depending on what the cycle period it. It shouldnt be too much work to check for some sort of flag there that indicates if this switch should bei ignored.
This of course sounds easy but can get complicated depending on how weapons are implementiert…

Would be great if a dev could way in here

OniGiri.9461

Since there is a dicussion going on about Eternity im trying to bump this up

Posted by: Vaelen.5294

Vaelen.5294

I agree with the thread, Eternity should get its own reworked skin or a selectable version of day/night so that it doesn’t look like a cloned version of sunrise/twilight.

Posted by: Vaelen.5294

Vaelen.5294

Tell the Anet devs to make Eternity into something like this so it’s not just a Sunrise/Twilight that changes throughout the day.

Attachments:

OniGiri.9461

they look awesome!

would be cool if we could here from some devs about this :/

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

I am hugely disappointed with my Eternity and prefer to use other GS skins, I’d go back to donning it IF ANet tweaked some things:

• Split hilt between Twilight & Sunrise as seen pictured in mock ups from posts above
  • Had an alternative design on the blade (phasing from Twilight to Sunrise is boring and unimaginative for a third GS)
  • Unique, subtle sound effect when sheathing/unsheathing

Dunno.. wish it was cool. Right now it’s just a lazy mood swinging GS skin that looks like EITHER of it’s predecessors.. not something unique and evolving.

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

Tell the Anet devs to make Eternity into something like this so it’s not just a Sunrise/Twilight that changes throughout the day.

Agreed!!

I have twilight but if Anet makes eternity look like either of these then I would have no choice but to craft it!

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932