[Suggestion] Tools and Toys "Wardrobe"?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ReaverKane.7598

ReaverKane.7598

This might be me overreaching and all, and might be deemed “counterproductive” to the gem store, or might want to keep the wardrobe purely cosmetic, but since Permanent (and impermanent) Gathering tools are Account bound, why not create a Tab in the wardrobe to store and equip them?
Something like the finishers and the Mini-pets.
That would avoid the hassle of having to go to the bank to drop the gem store tools to use them on the character.
Temporary tools could have max stacks dependent on the material storage expansions, like if your material storage is the basic 250 then you could have 100 normal (not laurels) Axes of type, 100 of type B, etc. If material limit is 500, then you can double the gathering tools as well, but only equipping the regular amount at a time.

Same thing for toys, why not put them in a wardrobe tab with an “equiped” slot (like the minis), and then have a button or a hot-key to swap your weapons for it?

Posted by: Galeskyring.9617

Galeskyring.9617

Sounds like a fun idea but highly unlikely it will be implemented and if so it wont be near future, anet is pretty busy with heart of thorns development atm

Honor, Kindness, Patience, are Virtues; Virtues are practiced~ Loyalty & respect are earned

Regard others as you would normally, the internet is not justification for mistreating others

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

I’d love a wardrobe/storage/etc for my perm gathering tools and toy items, keeping track of what character has what on it is tedious

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: Kyban.4031

Kyban.4031

I doubt they would do it on tools since some people may buy multiples but it would be nice on toys and tonics. I’d use them a lot more often if I didn’t have to lug them around and clutter up my inventory.

Posted by: Mokzie.5178

Mokzie.5178

Having bought so much of these things and forgetting which of my guhdozens of toons they are on is problematic. This should be one of those top priority things because I bet a lot of people do not buy the gimmicky stuff if not becuase they cannot afford or do not have any want for it but because of how inconvenient it it. Being one who buys a lot of the gimmicky stuff I can attest to it being a pain to figure which of my guhdozen characters have what.

I doubt they would do it on tools since some people may buy multiples…

By that logic they will never do one for toys. :/

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

gimme plz

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I can’t count the number of times I’ve said it myself

Everything that is permanent, everlasting and account bound (but never soulbound) and therefore can already be used by multiple characters by putting it in the bank then picking it with another character should be an account unlock.

Most if not all of those things are either something you can get only once, or too expensive to get twice just to save the hassle of constantly using the bank and remembering who had the item to switch it. But there’s hassle there nonetheless.

And what about those who bought twice? They could either get a gem refund by asking support, or a Black Lion merchant could be set to exchange some of those items for others they may not have. Bought two molten pickaxes? Exchange one for a Bone Pick!

And what about tradable tools and toys like the unbreakable bell? You’ll just need to make one copy account-bound or destroy it. And you can sell your surplus copies or keep using them with your other character if you want.

It doesn’t even have to be in the Hero panel.

It could be a new tab in the bank, in which each character can pick the items separately to put them in their inventory.

You got hacked and someone deleted or sold all your instruments, tonics and other everlasting tools and gizmos? No need to ask support! Just head to the bank, and pick them again!

Pay-once unlocks are always better. No exceptions.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)

Posted by: Plok.5873

Plok.5873

And just when we’re at it, any chance to bring back “mount type” toys in WvW? In the wardrobe, if possible?
I understand the reasons for the general toy ban (free charge, some1?), but neither riding broom nor the magic carpet offer advantages. The do however add to your characters individuality.

Pry Bar in yo’ face, You big disgrace / Box of Nails all over the place
Pet project: Outfit overhaul.

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

This might be me overreaching and all, and might be deemed “counterproductive” to the gem store, or might want to keep the wardrobe purely cosmetic, but since Permanent (and impermanent) Gathering tools are Account bound, why not create a Tab in the wardrobe to store and equip them?
Something like the finishers and the Mini-pets.
That would avoid the hassle of having to go to the bank to drop the gem store tools to use them on the character.
Temporary tools could have max stacks dependent on the material storage expansions, like if your material storage is the basic 250 then you could have 100 normal (not laurels) Axes of type, 100 of type B, etc. If material limit is 500, then you can double the gathering tools as well, but only equipping the regular amount at a time.

Same thing for toys, why not put them in a wardrobe tab with an “equiped” slot (like the minis), and then have a button or a hot-key to swap your weapons for it?

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

I would welcome stacking gathering tools that were full (not used). I would also love to see in the wardrobe things like toys, everlasting tonics etc. What was done for minis I think was great. I use my minis a lot more because they are now a lot easier to use. I think the same would go for like items and folk may want to work at acquiring items such as everlasting tonics etc. because they won’t take up inventory space yet can be used quite easily.

I would want to get and use a lot more of these type of things if they did not clog my inventory and were hard to get at to use. I LOVED how they did the minis and think something similar for other items would increase the use/obtaining of such things for use. Win/win for everyone….

(edited by Aerinndis.2730)

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

This has been suggested many, many times; and while I wish it would happen, I doubt it will. It’s a shame, because we trade the inconvenience of going to a vendor to buy new tools for the inconvenience of going to a bank when we log out, depositing our tools, logging in on another character, going to a bank again and withdrawing those tools.