[Suggestion] Town Clothes into Outfits

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Yahti.9321

Yahti.9321

I was sorting out my bank today and I came across multiple town clothes tonics.
These are taking up a slot as well as being undyeable now. It would be great if they were turned into outfits. We already have outfits that look like they provide no defense, so why not town clothes?

They would then be easier to use/access, dyeable and wouldn’t take up space. Please make it happen~
(I don’t know if this has been mentioned before since the forum search function didn’t show any previous posts about it)

Posted by: Zelanard.5806

Zelanard.5806

I agree completely.
Also I would also love it if we could get it kitten separate sets of town clothing.
So Humans can use Norn or Asura or Sylvari or Charr town clothing and visa versa.
It would be awesome to have just one set as a standard unlock upon character creation… I hate running around naked when my armor breaks, the costumes deal with that… and having a standard set of costumes would be awesome…
I would probably by all 5 sets if they were put in the gemshop, maybe except the humies they are so ugly on the females o.O

When commenting on a suggestion:
Leave it to A-net to decide whether the suggestion is possible or not.

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

I think it’s a good start, and better than nothing.

I’d be willing to pay them to design an outfit out of pieces I used to like to mix-n-match. How about that too?

Zelanard.5806

I’d be willing to pay them to design an outfit out of pieces I used to like to mix-n-match. How about that too?

You mean like, an item that allows you to stuff a regular set of skins into it, and creating an outfit from it?

Posted by: Arkinos.7245

Arkinos.7245

It would be pretty nice if you could just make the current armor of one of your chars into an outfit.

You’d set up your skins as you want, then press a button, pay lets say 600 gems, and you get that appearance as an outfit for all of your characters.

Zelanard.5806

I like this… Of course, either they would have to make “Cultural” and “Armor type” outfits… or they would have to make all animations fit all armors and all armors fit all races xD

Yahti.9321

I like this… Of course, either they would have to make “Cultural” and “Armor type” outfits… or they would have to make all animations fit all armors and all armors fit all races xD

I think the default race clothing should fall under “Cultural” outfits.
If you look at the way the sylvari town clothes attaches to the character, it would be peculiar to see it on the other races imo. I also like the idea of keeping it special to each race (like the cultural armor) and requiring one of each race to unlock them.

Attachments:

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

Or… maybe all tonics should be useable as Outfits, but some are limited to PvE?

edit:
some = tonics which change your race

(edited by sMihaly.1492)

Yahti.9321

Or… maybe all tonics should be useable as Outfits, but some are limited to PvE?

edit:
some = tonics which change your race

I think transform tonics (turning you into a creature), should actually have a separate tab in wardrobe with a gallery of tonics similar to finishers.

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

At the very VERY least, they should turn the Town Clothing that we were originally given at character creation into Outfits. This one basic Outfit should then be available for free in the Gem Store. (Call it “Cultural Outfit” or something like that. Of course they aren’t going to make a Sylvari style Outfit for an Asura.)

But yes, I would love to see all of the Town Clothes Tonics turned into Outfits. The Tonics are totally useless, and I’d even put up with the ugly combination they created just to be able to wear my GW2 Dragon Logo T-Shirt again.

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Agreed, Hamfast, if they first get community input on good sets of townclothes. I don’t want to put up with the ugly mixes they slapped together, though I suppose dyes would help a bit.

It would also be nice if old townclothes items for gloves and boots were translated into all three weights of armor skin, still with the cultural differences in style. The Fancy Winter Boots and the Executioner Boots look wonderful; the Cook’s Shoes were so cute with the short-shorts (which are gone completely right now, darn it). Surely those things wouldn’t be so much trouble to rig up, as the models for them already exist?

I would consider it extremely rude to make those of us that bought them before buy them again however! So either free to those who have the outfits previously unlocked, or available in-game, not via gems.

Posted by: arooboo.5143

arooboo.5143

I still don’t get why they didn’t let us turn certain items into skins (the leather vest, booty shorts, etc).

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

I think it is a darn shame the clothign weren’t made into outfits. Some of them look darn great, and it would’ve allowed us to use that nifty GW2 T-Shirt in battle.

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

+1 on this. Also, unlock the NPC common exclusives

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

Posted by: ReaverKane.7598

ReaverKane.7598

Would be really nice this.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

In the meantime, if you have multiples of the same and don’t need them on alts … I just checked the TP and some of them are going for over 15 gold. Or at least listed thus, I have no idea if anyone’s buying.

Posted by: Danface.3671

Danface.3671

It would be great if they were turned into outfits.

Sounds good to me. This was a pretty difficult item to get rid of once upon a time :< having 10+ of them in my bank for so long, doing nothing but take up space… I kept them for so long~

Having these as outfits would be really nice nostalgia, especially with Sylvari being able to dye myself pretty again <3 I wonder why this was never done before.

“I think transform tonics (turning you into a creature), should actually have a separate tab in wardrobe with a gallery of tonics similar to finishers.”

Was going to mention that too ^^’ but was worried about derailing. Have SO many tonics filling my slots lately. Would be kewel to have a button to bind to tonic be able to choose which tonic it actives, and just like that yummy new feature for finishers <3 be able to set it to random.

ANYHOO yesss this would be a nice addition to my outfits. (/also believes they should be locked to race)

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

You mean like, an item that allows you to stuff a regular set of skins into it, and creating an outfit from it?

Woah, that’s crazy interesting.

I just wanted to send them an email with 3 pieces I used to like to wear as town clothing and ask them to make an outfit out of it.

Edit: I mean, they made a tonic out of one of the pieces I wore as my outfit, but matched it up with a space suit for the chest piece and fishing waders for the boots, which isn’t exactly the look I was going for. So I wouldn’t want that tonic as an outfit. I want what I used to wear made into an outfit.

(edited by notebene.3190)

Zelanard.5806

At the very VERY least, they should turn the Town Clothing that we were originally given at character creation into Outfits. This one basic Outfit should then be available for free in the Gem Store. (Call it “Cultural Outfit” or something like that. Of course they aren’t going to make a Sylvari style Outfit for an Asura.)

But yes, I would love to see all of the Town Clothes Tonics turned into Outfits. The Tonics are totally useless, and I’d even put up with the ugly combination they created just to be able to wear my GW2 Dragon Logo T-Shirt again.

They didn’t take the cap away, but they seriously removed the T-shirt? xD that just sucks…

Yahti.9321

The dragon t-shirt is treated similarly to the town clothes. I had to convert it into a tonic by speaking to the black lion armorsmith. The shirt is now attached to the shorts and town clothes shoes…everything is undyeable…/shudders @ the shoes

Attachments:

Zelanard.5806

That is just horrible o.O they really need to change that o.O

Posted by: Bunnikk.2146

Bunnikk.2146

I have been stocking up on the tonics in hopes that this would happen. I don’t know why Anet chose to turn the town clothes into tonics only to release outfits shortly after unless they were worried that the town clothes would negatively affect the sale of outfits. Now we know that outfits sale well, they should be able to turn those clothing tonics into outfits or armor pieces. I also am hopeful for a tonic wardrobe for the non-clothing ones.

[RAWR] Monsters of Tyria
Monster of choice – Kitsune
Megaserver formerly known as Blackgate

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I REALLY REALLY wish they’d at least make the racial starter town clothes into armor skins. I like the Sylvari chest and pants and it could so easilly be a t0 racial armor skin, there’s no way for it to clip with anything.

The whole tonic thing really is pointless though in general since they could just be simple outfits so they can be dyed again.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.