[Suggestion] Transfer Crafting Disciplines

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

I don’t know how difficult this would be to implement, but I’m suggesting/requesting that we have the ability to transfer a crafting discipline from one character to another. For example I have 500 Tailor on my elementalist and 500 Leatherworker on my mesmer. 400 weaponsmith on my thief, 400 armorsmith on my warrior, 400 jewelcrafting on various toons… I would really like to just move them all onto one character so that I don’t need an excel spreadsheet to keep track of who can craft what.

I simply cannot afford to redo all my crafting on one character. My only options right now are to deal with the headache, buy gold for gems to redo crafting, or wait for a solution from Anet. I personally would pay gems for this service as long as the cost did not exceed the amount in gold to simply redo the crafting (probably like 1000g+).

Another possibility would be making crafting account bound, but again, I don’t know how difficult that would be to implement, if it even makes sense logically. Anyway, hope Anet sees this and hope I’m not the only one.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Account bound crafting is troublesome, as every account could only level each profession up once. That would take away a popular way to level your alts for many people and it is also a big sink for lower tier mats, which would devaluate. That would take alot of rebalancing.

I cant see many disadvantages of transferring crafting disciplines as the achievements tied to it are account bound, as long as the receiving character doesnt receive the exp associated with it as well.
The only problem i see is again the diminshing material sink from players that would have destroyed mats in order to level a craft discipline they already maxed on another toon.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Arioso.8519

Arioso.8519

Account bound crafting sounds fine to me.

Just make it so that making something grants a small amount of exp. Kind of like gathering, except perhaps we can have diminishing returns at higher levels.

So a low-level alt can get a few levels from crafting kitten items, regardless of actual account crafting levels, and once you hit higher levels you have make better things to get better exp returns.

This would theoretically possible to hit level 80 just crafting, but considering many long-time players have stacks of leveling scrolls anyways, I really fail to see what difference that makes.

Xenon.4537

Ah the leveling aspect slipped my mind. I wouldn’t want to take that away from people, so that makes account bound crafting iffy. However, transferring them I can’t think of any real problems there. If people want to have all crafts on one toon, they can already. They just have to level it all on that toon. If they want to do it more than once, they still can. It’s just with the option to transfer, you could grab any missing crafts and put them on a toon you want them on.

I suppose the only issue is the loss of sinks from people who are stuck in my position and muster up the funds to level them anyway. QQ

Posted by: Ralanost.8913

Ralanost.8913

I did crafting once per skill. I will never do more. So yeah, I would love account bound crafting. I could freely delete characters and reroll them if I so chose without worry. As it is now, I have one character that I somehow got to 80 but ended up hating, but has 400+ artificing and 400 cooking. I refuse to do those again so that character sits in DR, only to be used as a bank mule and crafting kitten.

Xenon.4537

I did crafting once per skill. I will never do more. So yeah, I would love account bound crafting. I could freely delete characters and reroll them if I so chose without worry. As it is now, I have one character that I somehow got to 80 but ended up hating, but has 400+ artificing and 400 cooking. I refuse to do those again so that character sits in DR, only to be used as a bank mule and crafting kitten.

This is one of the big reasons I want this. I have 2 alts I don’t like. I crafted weaponsmith and armorsmith to 400 on them, and that’s the main thing holding me back from deleting them.

The other major reason is just convenience. I could buy the crafting upgrade from the gem store to give my main crafter access to more disciplines at a time and do everything there.