[Suggestion] Unaccountbinding items

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: kamedin.4698

kamedin.4698

How about for some items like Carapace equipment boxes, there could be a recipe for the mystic forge that allows me to throw that equipment box in and with the magic of Zommoros it becomes not account bound that is trade able between players so that we may share with our friends or family that have been less lucky.

Lyscir – Main Engi
[????] – HoD

Posted by: Conski Deshan.2057

Conski Deshan.2057

Account binding is an important aspect of the game for various reasons and should not be removed.

The idea of the Carapace boxes being account bound is that the person must do the work themselves. I believe the one you actually have a problem with is the Coat box since it’s the only RNG based one. In which case the RNG is more of your issue.

[RoF] and [BL] guild leader
11x level 80’s 80+ Titles 2600+ skins , still a long way to go.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

It’s the economy, stu….err….sir!

This suggestion shows just how narrow-minded and self-centered the general player base can often be (just making a point, not calling anyone in particular names).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

kamedin.4698

Account binding is an important aspect of the game for various reasons and should not be removed.

The idea of the Carapace boxes being account bound is that the person must do the work themselves. I believe the one you actually have a problem with is the Coat box since it’s the only RNG based one. In which case the RNG is more of your issue.

Well since I have gotten about 14 coat boxes, I don’t think RNG is my issue. My issue is all I can do is see my friends sad because they can’t get one even though they put in the same time into getting it. I only wish for a way to convert those boxes (although I have had multiple kinds of boxes other people need) to a version I could gift to them.

Lyscir – Main Engi
[????] – HoD

kamedin.4698

It’s the economy, stu….err….sir!

This suggestion shows just how narrow-minded and self-centered the general player base can often be (just making a point, not calling anyone in particular names).

Yes, to want the option to gift someone a box of armor that I have no use for is self-centered and narrow-minded, I totally forgot about that when I put up this suggestion.

Lyscir – Main Engi
[????] – HoD

Posted by: Iyeru.5240

Iyeru.5240

No, because we had that in Perfect World International, and it wasn’t a good thing. Threads started popping up for re-binding, which obviously you could do for free (But un-binding cost real money.)

And it’s EXTREMELY UNLIKELY they will let you unbind something without you having to pay real life money for it.

Some items HAVE to be account bound (Such as daily chests, etc.)

* (A strange light fills the room. Twilight is shining ahead. You’re filled with, DETERMINATION.)

kamedin.4698

I am not saying all items have to be able to be un-binded, but I believe there are some that really don’t have to be. And if they want to charge real money, go for it. For anet it gives them more money and then I would have the option of sharing the spoils of the fight.

Lyscir – Main Engi
[????] – HoD

(edited by kamedin.4698)

Posted by: Iyeru.5240

Iyeru.5240

I am not saying all items have to be able to be un-binded, but I believe there are some that really don’t have to be.

Disallow account items to be unbinded that you use actively, such as legendaries, ascended, acheivement items, certain materials for the mystic forge.

* (A strange light fills the room. Twilight is shining ahead. You’re filled with, DETERMINATION.)

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

If you could unbind accountbound items, you’d be able to sell them on the TP.

It would also cause a lot of problems when it comes to the wardrobe feature- imagine being able to accountbind legendaries/expensive skins and then resell them on TP?

The economy for ascended materials would be broken- you could trade ascended weapons, amour or weapon/armour boxes.

But most importantly, as already mentioned, the reason for account-bound drops is to get players to complete content and unlock achievements themselves. By “unbinding”, you destroy any time/effort obstacle and allow them to obtain them through gold (which could be obtained through dungeon grinding).

I think luminescent armour would lose much of its meaning if anybody could just grind gold in dungeons (or even exchange real money to gems to gold) rather than experiencing the new content to unlock such a reward.

Posted by: yanipheonu.5798

yanipheonu.5798

There needs to be ways for certain items to not be tradable, be it for economy reasons, or making something challenging to obtain. Anet intended for Carapace Boxes to only be obtainable through their respective events. Bare in mind there are collections based on these items, and a challenge they clearly didn’t want to be won through trading post.

kamedin.4698

If items weren’t bound by RNG, then there would be no need for this suggestion. I can see if you can bind something for a skin and then unbind and keep the skin, yes this would be op, you would have to lose the skin along with the unbind. For challenge yes, things could be harder to find/obtain but rng locked items =/= does not each challenge, it equals luck. Besides as time goes on the challenge goes away, even with Living story 1, the challenge of doing the content was just giving away through the laurels. Another idea is give the unbind items a similar code that couldn’t be sold on the tp but could be in sent in the mail.

Lyscir – Main Engi
[????] – HoD

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I wish we could tie two accounts we own so we could trade account bound items between them. My alt account doesn’t need that black lion salvage kit it got as a daily reward nor the Dark matter it already has from salvaging the account bound exotic from a daily reward. It can however use my main account’s kill streak and exp boosters. If I ever get to max luck, I could give the essences of luck to my alt account.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Posted by: Conski Deshan.2057

Conski Deshan.2057

Well since I have gotten about 14 coat boxes, I don’t think RNG is my issue. My issue is all I can do is see my friends sad because they can’t get one even though they put in the same time into getting it. I only wish for a way to convert those boxes (although I have had multiple kinds of boxes other people need) to a version I could gift to them.

Your issue is the RNG, not that its bad for you but that the RNG is present. For which there is a several page thread in the Living story sub-section.

I will say though that using RNG to enforce rarity is also a common thing, a rare item is generally something 10 people try their best to get but only 1 gets and the like, not saying it’s fair but it does make it rarer.

[RoF] and [BL] guild leader
11x level 80’s 80+ Titles 2600+ skins , still a long way to go.

kamedin.4698

Your issue is the RNG, not that its bad for you but that the RNG is present. For which there is a several page thread in the Living story sub-section.

I will say though that using RNG to enforce rarity is also a common thing, a rare item is generally something 10 people try their best to get but only 1 gets and the like, not saying it’s fair but it does make it rarer.

Makes sense to me on some level, but my brain can’t fully wrap itself around that type of rarity. My sense of rarity is like for precursors, rare because there aren’t a lot of them around and hard to get, and not really any one way of getting it, besides using a credit card. But for items such as the Carapace boxes, there are more ways of getting them and more guarantee of getting it.

Lyscir – Main Engi
[????] – HoD

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Instead of removing the Account Bound property off items, I want a different system. I call it “Party Bound” gear, so certain types of gear that have no value to the one getting them, although very important to a party member, can be traded freely between members of the same party. OR they could make a panel open when these types of items drop, bound to the entire party, and any member can assign their items to another party member.

I first proposed this when FotM was first released, as a better loot distribution system for the game, that won’t affect the game in any significant way.

Items like Fractal Skins, Fractal Rings, Ascended Boxes (Armor and Weapon), Account Bound minis, Luminescent boxes, Accound Bound Exotics (FotM) etc can be used with this system.

I don’t want “Account bound” to be removed, otherwise people would get those items without doing the content. You could give all your spare Lumi Coats to 10 people that aren’t even level 10 yet. With my system everyone has to earn their gear by doing the appropriate content BUT it offers better chances when you are in a party.

kamedin.4698

Instead of removing the Account Bound property off items, I want a different system. I call it “Party Bound” gear, so certain types of gear that have no value to the one getting them, although very important to a party member, can be traded freely between members of the same party. OR they could make a panel open when these types of items drop, bound to the entire party, and any member can assign their items to another party member.

I first proposed this when FotM was first released, as a better loot distribution system for the game, that won’t affect the game in any significant way.

Items like Fractal Skins, Fractal Rings, Ascended Boxes (Armor and Weapon), Account Bound minis, Luminescent boxes, Accound Bound Exotics (FotM) etc can be used with this system.

I don’t want “Account bound” to be removed, otherwise people would get those items without doing the content. You could give all your spare Lumi Coats to 10 people that aren’t even level 10 yet. With my system everyone has to earn their gear by doing the appropriate content BUT it offers better chances when you are in a party.

Yeah, Maybe an idea like this would work out better. I remember a game i used to play, where your party was in a dungeon and if certain items (usually rarer items) came up, you could either say, I want that or you don’t, and between everyone who wanted it, got a RNG roll and it was given randomly. Even something like this could be useful to some who don’t need certain items but when party’d with people who do, could actually get them.

Lyscir – Main Engi
[????] – HoD