[Suggestion]Utility Slot/Food Slot

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TheFool.4589

TheFool.4589

I know it’s been said before, but why don’t you guys make a Food And Utlity slots? So many times I’ll run a dungeon with food and utilities only to not realize they ran out. My suggestion is give us spots where we can put a stack of food/utilities that automatically renew.
For example if I put my halo in the utility slot, since it’s unlimited use, it will automatically renew when the timer ends so long as it’s in the slot.
If I put a stack of 10 sharpening stones and 10 stacks of food, it will keep renewing until the stack runs out.
Also, when you guys do this, add a check box as a on/off switch.

Yay or Nay?

Posted by: Zelanard.5806

Zelanard.5806

I like this idea.

When commenting on a suggestion:
Leave it to A-net to decide whether the suggestion is possible or not.

Posted by: warbignime.4610

warbignime.4610

So much this, we need this so much. This feature will not only provide us convenience, but it will also take GW2’s combat to a new level , there are so many cool useful consumables that will make combat way more deeper and more intersting.

Some must fight so that all may be free.

Posted by: NoxInfernus.2361

NoxInfernus.2361

I’d take it one step further and ask for a slot that allows any consumable (not just food /utilities) to be used.
I’m not certain if the auto-renew idea would work in this case, but it certainly would be fun.

There are tons of great consumables in this game. I’m sure many players either don’t know about, or bother with many because they either forget to renew them or can’t be bothered to open their inventory, find the icon and click.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Liked the idea before, and I like it now.

Renewable nutrition and tool slots would get me using them instead of hoarding them.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

TheFool.4589

Then let’s get our voice out there, let’s get Anet to say “it’s in the works” by keeping this thread alive!

Posted by: grubnick.7849

grubnick.7849

This is something which I’ve been wanting for a long time. Consumables tend to run out right when action is too hectic and go unnoticed.

Another solution would be to allow stacking of food effect duration. Before the food effect has expired, let us consume more of the same and have it stack duration instead of replace the duration. This method would not require a change to the UI. Even just a 5 or 10 minute duration extension limit would be a quality of life improvement.

Thief main plus a few alts – Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Biohazard.7523

Biohazard.7523

So does anyone know if we will get that in expansion ? are they working on it ?

TheFool.4589

So does anyone know if we will get that in expansion ? are they working on it ?

It wouldn’t be “part” of the expansion only cause it would be a part of the actual game mechanic. Can it be released prior of the expansion? Maybe. As of now there’s no confirmation on it, which is why we gotta keep this thread alive.

Posted by: gigamarkus.2109

gigamarkus.2109

The last months I thought a bit of gameplay in GW2 and i found one thing missing in the UI that could be a big improvement to everyone. So i decided to post it here. It is the option to open about 1 to 4 little slots where you can display some consumable items you have in the inventory.

It would improve the playstyle when you have quickly access to those potions or buff food without opening and searching the inventory while being in a big fight. In the other hand you have a better view about how many of them you have left.

I really would appreciate this kind of QoL-Feature ingame, because it has so much benefit to players and could support the use of Buff-Foods.

(edited by gigamarkus.2109)

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

The last months I thought a bit of gameplay in GW2 and i found one thing missing in the UI that could be a big improvement to everyone. So i decided to post it here. It is the option to open about 1 to 4 little slots where you can display some consumable items you have in the inventory.

Consumable or just usable, absolutely. While i really like the limited skill access of this game (i have about eight 12-button bars on my wow ui, and there’s still more things i could dump on there) i’d really like some ability to customize. Having somewhere where i can put my prosperity kite, for instance, so that i can activate it without bringing up inventory or even with a hotkey.

In the case of a consumable slot, there should be an autorefresh option, which if checked will use your slotted nourishment consumable if you lack a buff of that type.

Posted by: Metalman.6345

Metalman.6345

I think there might be problem with game engine. If engine doesnt allow more than 10 usable skill icons, then theres no chance we will get another one.

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Available in the gem store for 2000 gems!

Posted by: Ticky.5831

Ticky.5831

I agree with this. 1 food, 1 Utility and 1 Consumable slot. I suggest orienting them vertically on one side of the current ability bar UI(Or the 2 Nourishment on one side and the consumable on the other).

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

Do want.
15characters.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”