[Suggestion] Utility on Weapons skill slots

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

Why not?

I’d like to run shield on my warrior, but it makes no sense, however, if I could swap shield skills to utlity skills… .

I’d like to use double dagger on thief, but i’m never gonna use 3rd skill, what if i could bring a utility skill instead?

Mesmers (utility-bots) could pick more utility skills instead of bugged/fixed(stillbuggedanyways/worsethanbefore) weapon skills.

Ele and Engineers are compicated tho…
Ideas?

Posted by: VOLTCIEAGE.3029

VOLTCIEAGE.3029

I said this sentence many times "Let us use utility skill instead of elite " Becasue 99% of them are useless and 99% of people even dont use it because it doesnt have any meaning . In your case problem would be some combo fields or DD ele and meteor shower on utility XD.

Posted by: Lolyta.4582

Lolyta.4582

I started a thread months and months ago suggesting the ability to use any non-healing skill in the 0 slot (the Elite slot). This is not without philosophical precedent: we can already use an Adept-Tier trait in our Master-Tier trait slot if we want to, so why should Utility skills be any different? The truth is that most Elite utility skills are seldom if ever used- they have such ridiculously-long cooldowns as to be irrelevant in most fights.

While I can see the logic in restricting us to healing skills in one slot, I can’t think of a single valid reason why we should be restricted to only 3 usable utility skills by forcing us to slot a mostly-unusable skill in the last utility slot. We should be able to put an Elite skill OR any “lesser” non-healing utility skill in slot 0.

I haven’t ever thought about the ability to replace a weapon skill with a utility skill, so I can’t comment directly on that part of this suggestion… other than to say I would prefer to have all weapon skills actually useful rather than mixing and matching weapon and utility skills in the 5 weapon skill slots just because some weapon skills are currently so useless that they are seldom or never actually used.

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

I said this sentence many times "Let us use utility skill instead of elite " Becasue 99% of them are useless and 99% of people even dont use it because it doesnt have any meaning . In your case problem would be some combo fields or DD ele and meteor shower on utility XD.

I didnt say weapon skills in utlity slots, but utility instead of weapon skills

Posted by: VOLTCIEAGE.3029

VOLTCIEAGE.3029

I didnt say weapon skills in utlity slots, but utility instead of weapon skills

I think it would be too op . Staff ele who can trade some non dmg skills ? OH gosh that dps would be outstanding . They dont want to change stupid elite so iam not sure about weapon skills .