[Suggestion] Very Rare Items from BL chests

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TeSeG.6754

TeSeG.6754

Items only from Black Lion Chests.
Very rare harvesting tool update – when update is used it will unlock pernament harvesting slot (specific type) on any player character.
With unlock player can change skin of harvesting tool from wardrobe (as weapons or armour) and by presing right mouse on harvesting slot he can change item type (‘Harvesting blast’ or other tools bonuses) which then will be used during harvesting. Player of course need to buy harvesting tool to enable it.

Harvesting slot is changed on any character (new old).
Same update should be for each harvesting type.

Player:

• After using item (only droped from BL chest – or bought from TP) any harvesting tool which player own can be used just by selecting from list (of course 1 of 3 types).
  • Skin can be changed on the fly (without keeping tools in eq).
  • Any character can use any tool.
  • No need to keep harvesting tools in inventory.
  • Harvesting items will be consumed so they wont block slots in backapsks.

Arena Net:

• As item (3 items) are only obtaintable from Black Lion Chest (with very rare drop) it will increase BL chest desireity.
  • Player still need to buy tool to unlock it, even if he need to buy only 1 item for all characters.

PS. We can also get new harvesting type – for example gases harvested from new kind of enviroment objects or from underwater or from clouds. It can be harvested during swiming, flying or from special places. It would be kind cool to have new kind of materials. But it just lazy idea.

TeSeG.6754

About gases: you need to craft containers (which also will eb stored as materials in bank) but to get gass you need to have empty, it will be filled and also stored to bank.
And materials like mithril, glass etc could be used to craft containers.

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

I would hope that if Anet added such an amazing (and often requested) QoL upgrade, that it would be freely available to everyone, not gated behind an extremely rare, randomly obtained item from a BLC.

Posted by: Tekoneiric.6817

Tekoneiric.6817

I just wish they would dump the crafting chest and boosters. For me those are the most useless because I have stacks of boosters and loads of crafting materials. They should have a slot that gives a chance of a ticket scrap, wardrobe unlock, rarely black lion miniature claim tickets, past skin unlock, etc.

Most of the keys I’ve used lately have produced worthless items so I’ve just been stacking my keys in the bank in hopes they’ll change the offerings.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

BL chests contain junk — they are white elephants, bags of garbage, not intended to offer anything good.

ANet is selling you a lotto ticket, where the entertainment value is entirely in that moment right before you open, when you savor with anticipation the possibility that you’ll get lucky. (Hint: you won’t.)

If you don’t enjoy that moment, don’t invest time or especially not RL money in the chests.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Cyprien.4208

Cyprien.4208

I’ve unlocked so many over the last few weeks doing pvp tracks and nothing great other than mini claim tickets which is okay if you get more than one. I had hope for even something of value such as a black lion kit but even that didn’t show however did get a few useless use bank items.

Posted by: Josh.4016

Josh.4016

Dyes, skins, exotic salvage kits, maybe some movement speed buffs or guild banners. I understand Any doesn’t want to give away items people would buy off the gem store.

Posted by: lordmitz.2047

lordmitz.2047

i often wonder how much Anet would make from just selling the skins for gems rather than the tiny tiny chance of getting them from chests

i guess there’s a lot of mugs out there who buy keys

TeSeG.6754

i often wonder how much Anet would make from just selling the skins for gems rather than the tiny tiny chance of getting them from chests

i guess there’s a lot of mugs out there who buy keys

Skins will be in store normally like now for all players. Upgrade is just to make easier for player who want to have lot of skins and switch them on the fly.
Upgrade give free inventory space and make management of tools easier for player. And as only few items will exist and still require 1 skin it wont decrease skin pucharsing. I’m not sure but I think players which buing skins for tools buing 1 set and on other characters using older one, so it won’t change lot.
And last if it will prevent buing skin then why we have permament repair kit, makeover, tickets to pecial areas, bank access etc (why give perm if you have item in shop for single/weeks use?).

But it is just idea, for me option like DeanBB.4268 wrote is even better. If this will be game improvement for all players I would be so gratefull to have it.

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

I still don’t get if Qol is refered to a specific proposal or once in a while thing avaible for all folks.