Suggestion: Walk in wardrobe

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

I couldn’t find this idea on the forums, and the search is flaky at best.

It would be awesome if we had a walk in wardrobe in lions arch ( in same place that the BLTC weapons npcs are, or even in your home instance )

Some armors in the game you just cant see how they look even from the preview screen, now with Legendary Armor in game, it would be great to have a proper preview of this, ( I know there are videos showing it, and some players have it ) but you don’t really know how an armor will look until you put it on,

Id hate to personally make Legendary Armor ( or any future armor ) but make it from the wrong char, because it may / may not look better on x class/race etc

You could probably add Weapons to this also.

Thanks.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I love the idea of a walk-in closet. I have no idea how ANet would implement it, without having to recode a bunch of stuff, but I can see it as being a lot of fun, especially if you could bring others there with you.

I’d settle for a proper preview window, one that shows day|night, auras, all particle effects, and how the armor appears under different lights

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I love the idea of a walk-in closet. I have no idea how ANet would implement it, without having to recode a bunch of stuff, but I can see it as being a lot of fun, especially if you could bring others there with you.

I’d settle for a proper preview window, one that shows day|night, auras, all particle effects, and how the armor appears under different lights

Yeeesss. And preferably a wider preview window. Still can’t fit a greatsword or staff on there properly.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

At least the Devs changed the preview to show us in combat allowing animations (like with Legendary Armor) to show.

I’m appreciative of that. =)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

At least the Devs changed the preview to show us in combat allowing animations (like with Legendary Armor) to show.

I’m appreciative of that. =)

Yes, a good start. I hope it’s just the appetizer, not the whole meal.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: xikira.3264

xikira.3264

This would be an amazing idea I was really upset the other day. I had bought a hair style kit and foud this really cute braided hair style for my asura. I dyed it a nice pink and hit the finish button because it looked so good. The thing was the preivew panel did not let me have a top view of her which is what you tend to see if your playing asura. The way the braid was parted added to the pink color looked like I had a set of huge lips on my head. If we had something like this then we wouldnt have issues like that XD.

“My potions are too strong for you, traveler.”
Potion Sella

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I had planned in the future to make new alts just for something similar to this. Basically for example one to hold ALL Light armour skins so I can preview them any time and see how they are.

Of course I had planned this for each weight class and on Humans as they seem to be the best judged from my opinion so the other race sets would be out the window. I had also planned to do the same for every weapon class so that’s a lot of extra chars!

Something like this suggestion could save me from all that work and cost lol.

Oh one thing I would like to add is for this wardrobe option to also let you dye the gear. As that was the main reason for my plan. Sure I could just preview any sets atm but I can’t dye them in those previews. So sometimes you may think a set is ugly but if you get a chance to play around with dyes you can easily change your mind once you find something that works.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Well, you can dye in preview, though it’s a little clunky.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Well, you can dye in preview, though it’s a little clunky.

Always saw the dye panels but I guess I never bothered to try. I guess I thought it was similar to GW1 where you had to have the dyes on you and drag to the box…..

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

The animations for the armor already exist from the preview screen, it would just be them adding it to an area that you can actually see the armor on you, they could add this to the BLTC skins too, the preview screen you get from the BLTC doesn’t help either, ive previewed a few of them and got them from that, then ingame they didn’t look or sit the way the preview showed.

But giving the price either in gems, or the time it takes + mats to craft armor, its putting me off making Legendary Armor, the time and mats is ok, but to then make it and then not like it because of x feature/look would be soul crushing.

Hopefully its something that Anet can look into for a future patch.