[Suggestion] Way to improve Raven glider

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tekoneiric.6817

Tekoneiric.6817

I got the Raven’s Spirit glider skin yesterday. The large glider skin is great when gliding in the open air but obstructs the player’s view on short jumps to ledges. It would help if the glider started out about the same size as the Phoenix glider then expanded to full size after about 5 seconds. That would make it good for short glides and still elegant looking on long glides.

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

How do you solve the obstruction it causes to OTHER players? Raven glider is one of the worst visual cluttering offenders in the game…

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: Yakez.7561

Yakez.7561

I really do not like when people use this glider. Cant see a thing.

Posted by: Anela.3867

Anela.3867

The raven glider is beautiful but I would like it to be a bit smaller….just enough to encompass my character because it does impede vision.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I love the OP’s suggestion, although I’m not sure that it wouldn’t constitute a practical new glider (in terms of coding and so on). I’d pay the retail gem cost to have this as a feature.

I can’t disagree with the other posters who say that other people’s raven gliders are an obstruction and that a slowly growing/shrinking one wouldn’t necessarily make it less obtrusive. On the other hand, folks can buy their own raven for the next ~4 days

More seriously, the easy-to-see raven is good for when you’re in a squad and trying to play follow the leader, e.g. during HP or JP trains (as long as only the leader is running it). And also more seriously: I do swap out the raven in situations when other people might have trouble seeing.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Tekoneiric.6817

Tekoneiric.6817

I’m sure I’ll be swapping between it and the phoenix glider which is what I normally use.