[Suggestion] World Map Completion Accountwide

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Imiona.4752

Imiona.4752

Titel says it all, make the World Completion accountwide and compensate the missing EXP with higher EXP from Events.

It gets really boring doing this with more than 1 Character….

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Fine. But you can no longer get map completion chests as well as gifts of exploration.

Posted by: Imiona.4752

Imiona.4752

Fine for me, this Game has already too many Chests and Containers^^

Posted by: General Health.9678

General Health.9678

No it wouldn’t be fine. Gifts of exploration are obtained from world completion and required for legendaries. If the world complete was character wide you couldn’t make more than 2 legendaries.

If it’s really boring, don’t do it.

Blame Abaddon, he loves your tears.
pve, raid, pvp, fractal, dungeon, world clearing, legendary questing.. Zapped!

Posted by: TheNecrosanct.4028

TheNecrosanct.4028

Why are you doing map completion if it’s so boring to you? The only value it has is 2 Gifts of Exploration upon completing it. Everything else you gain on the way can be gained in other ways too. And if it would be accountwide, what do you propose for the Gifts of Exploration?

Posted by: Nika.3946

Nika.3946

Nope , thank you , I like how it is now

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Its fine as it is. And thematically it doesn’t make sense for your brand new level 1 adventurer to have exlpored all of Orr and HoT and completed all HP and hearts in central tyria just because some other character on your account already did it

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

As TheNecrosanct asked I would also like to know why the OP cares? What do you think you would get from having Map Completion static on your whole account?

Maybe the OP thinks they could have the maps already filled so they could always see what is where and use all WP on all characters? That’s the only benefit I can figure out.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

You know that this would limit each account to maximally 2 legendaries?

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

pls no. otherwise i can’t sell tones of Legendaries.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: Meehael.8240

Meehael.8240

Make a PVE reward track for gifts of exploration. This way we kill two flies in one swing: one char can obtain multiple gifts and new chars have all waypoints unlocked.

Intel i7-3770, MSI GTX1070 8GB, Asus P8H61 Pro, 16GB DDR3 @1600 MHz,
Corsair CX500 PSU, Kingston V300 60GB SSD

Posted by: Ranael.6423

Ranael.6423

While we’re at it, crafting one legendary weapon should unlock all Legendary skins.
It is boring and expansive to make one…..
/s

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Again, no. It’s boring to you, but not to everyone. It’s subjective. Doing map completion is a big part of what PvE actually is. The hearts especially, that’s the whole reason why your character exists in the first place – to go and help the world. Otherwise from a lore perspective, what’s the point of your character in the first place if they’re not going to actually go anywhere?

If you don’t want to do Map Completion again, fine. But it’s been character bound since Day 1 and I don’t think that will change. After 18 100% characters, I certainly hope it won’t anyway. Threads like this usually are, as I’ve said in others, a symptom of lazy instant-80 levelling.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

What is the benefit of this?

The only thing you get from World Completion which can’t be obtained another way is the Gift of Exploration, and you said you’d be happy to not receive that.

If you don’t want to do it and you don’t want the reward why not just…not do it?

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

Make a PVE reward track for gifts of exploration. This way we kill two flies in one swing: one char can obtain multiple gifts and new chars have all waypoints unlocked.

This is actually a great idea.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

Ayrilana.1396

It’s a Gift of Exploration. Having it as a reward track defeats its purpose. If you don’t want to do world completion then you should not get the gifts of exploration.

Posted by: Gwilym.4257

Gwilym.4257

As a vanilla player (don’t enjoy HoT) this would leave me with little to do. One thing I would like to see is just waypoints become accountwide. Another game I played added this as a QoL enhancement and it was huge.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

As a vanilla player (don’t enjoy HoT) this would leave me with little to do. One thing I would like to see is just waypoints become accountwide. Another game I played added this as a QoL enhancement and it was huge.

As unlocking them is part of the process to obtain the Gift of Exploration which is for the legendary, I would say it be character-bound unlocks and those characters who get it can’t get Gifts of Exploration.

I would however be fine with one centralized waypoint on all maps being unlocked at all times for all and/or one near the major world bosses.

It is less work and I would prefer none become account bound, but that’s what I’m willing to compromise to so that players can get to maps in order to play with friends without having to use a teleport to friend.

Posted by: themillwater.5846

themillwater.5846

Hop to lions arch then through the assura gate to your desired map. Put speed skills on and take off like a bat out of hell to get the waypoints only. You can gather as you go so you can get some mats, making some change as you go. It don’t need changed for all the anti-change reasons listed above.

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

It’s a Gift of Exploration. Having it as a reward track defeats its purpose. If you don’t want to do world completion then you should not get the gifts of exploration.

Could always rename it to Gift of some exploration.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Ayrilana.1396

Could always rename it to Gift of some exploration.

No.

Posted by: Roam.5208

Roam.5208

I’ve always thought that waypoint unlocks should be account-wide, or at least one per map. As for the rest of it… Nah.

(edited by Roam.5208)

Posted by: Ophidia Moonstone.2587

Ophidia Moonstone.2587

Each profession and each race gives you a different experience with map completion. I have actually completed the map on 4 different characters and had a different experience with each one. If you don’t want to do map exploration, don’t do it, as some have said. There are many ways to get around the map prior to unlocking all of the waypoints. You do not have to have all of the waypoints unlocked to have some functionality with getting places anyways. I have 20 teleport to a friend boosts sitting in my bank taking up space. I’ve only used them once. It really isn’t hard to get around the map, and if it bores you so much, don’t make new characters.

Posted by: Roam.5208

Roam.5208

I have 20 teleport to a friend boosts sitting in my bank taking up space. I’ve only used them once. It really isn’t hard to get around the map, and if it bores you so much, don’t make new characters.

With the exception of a character’s 3rd birthday gift, Teleport to Friend Stones are locked behind RNG in Black Lion Chests. I always find myself using them up quicker than I can get them (it doesn’t help that at least twice they’ve glitched and used one up without actually teleporting me anywhere).

The world of Tyria is pretty vast. It takes a long time to get around, even with easy access to starter areas. Some of the higher zones you have to cross three or four maps to get where you need to go. If you have a lot of alts, this can make it difficult to catch up with friends, guildies, or even make it to hero point trains in Maguuma (frustrations which I have experienced).

If waypoints aren’t made account-based, I’d at least like to see more places being made easy access (i.e. a portal to Verdant Brink or at least the Silverwastes in Lion’s Arch). This problem is only going to get bigger as more maps are added.

Also, it’s really not out of bounds to not want to repeat the same, time consuming content 5 – 10 times if you want to play all of the professions and get their elite specs.

(edited by Roam.5208)

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Yet another suggestion that has not been thought out.

How do we get more gifts of exploration?
So people who like mapping can’t do it anymore?
Just because you don’t like it means the game has to change? If ANet changed everything about the game that people didn’t like, they would be changing the game more than they change there socks.

They will not change something as big as this, especially when it is tied to legendary weapons. If you’ve not noticed, they have been making it harder to make them with the changes to the gift of battle.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Roundabout.1752

Roundabout.1752

A reward track for each area Ascalon, Kryta, Maguuma etc that opens Wps only would be nice, not needed but nice for the players who really don’t like PvE.

FrizzFreston.5290

I think a reward track for when you’re out of masteries and/or at level 80 is definitely a nice idea.

And if I entertain the idea, something that would unlock random or select waypoints (but waypoints only) is not a terrible idea. As long as it doesn’t unlock Hearts and PoIs. And such a track should only be unlocked once you already gotten full exploration on another character.

Making them accountbound all together seems like a bad idea for those people who really like exploring. They would basically be helped along when they don’t want to.

But with the right restrictions and limitations I don’t think it’s unreasonable to let people unlock waypoints on alts once they did it before at least. Could even make it so you can only unlock crucial waypoints near world bosses and dungeons.

Definitely not needed though. You can just use teleport to friend if you want your character to be there and you havent discovered that specific area yet.
The level 80 boost unlocks some as well. And if you’re going for a gift of exploration I would basically suggest to use WvW to at least unlock heropoints. (because gift of battle is possibly needed anyway.)

Roundabout.1752

I think a reward track for when you’re out of masteries and/or at level 80 is definitely a nice idea.

And if I entertain the idea, something that would unlock random or select waypoints (but waypoints only) is not a terrible idea. As long as it doesn’t unlock Hearts and PoIs. And such a track should only be unlocked once you already gotten full exploration on another character.

Making them accountbound all together seems like a bad idea for those people who really like exploring. They would basically be helped along when they don’t want to.

But with the right restrictions and limitations I don’t think it’s unreasonable to let people unlock waypoints on alts once they did it before at least. Could even make it so you can only unlock crucial waypoints near world bosses and dungeons.

Definitely not needed though. You can just use teleport to friend if you want your character to be there and you havent discovered that specific area yet.
The level 80 boost unlocks some as well. And if you’re going for a gift of exploration I would basically suggest to use WvW to at least unlock heropoints. (because gift of battle is possibly needed anyway.)

You are right, Reward Tracks for exploration should NOT ever be account bound.

BrotherBelial.3094

You are right, Reward Tracks for exploration should NOT ever be account bound.

Everyone is reward track crazy at the moment, and in PvE it is very easy to farm XP, making reward tracks in PvE is unnecessary and farmable. Grabbing way points would be alot quicker to do than just farming XP to unlock random ones.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|

Roundabout.1752

I wasn’t suggesting Reward Tracks in PvE, but Rewards Tracks for PvE in PvP and WvW, players who want to do as little of their playing time as possible in PvE would I image appreciate it.

FrizzFreston.5290

Yeah, I was also mostly suggesting it at the point where getting XP doesn’t do anything.

BrotherBelial.3094

I wasn’t suggesting Reward Tracks in PvE, but Rewards Tracks for PvE in PvP and WvW, players who want to do as little of their playing time as possible in PvE would I image appreciate it.

Yet, if you are a PvE player, you have to play PvP and WvW if you want to make a legendary weapon etc, so I don’t see why things need to be made even easier than they already are. Next thing people will be asking for the game to just play it’s self and a I win button.

Posted by: mXz.4512

mXz.4512

Same as the ^ others, keep it as it is. If it’s not something you enjoy doing, no one’s pulling your leg to do it.

Yes I’m a vet, yes I’m salty. Problem?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Yet, if you are a PvE player, you have to play PvP and WvW if you want to make a legendary weapon etc, so I don’t see why things need to be made even easier than they already are. Next thing people will be asking for the game to just play it’s self and a I win button.

What part of PvP, that isn’t WvW must one do to create a Legendary? I’m not familiar with all the steps.

Ophidia Moonstone.2587

What part of PvP, that isn’t WvW must one do to create a Legendary? I’m not familiar with all the steps.

We have to do a WvW reward track for Gift of Battle.

Here is a list of things that you can get from your reward tracks that comes from PvE. You can get cultural armor, dungeon armor, and hero points. There is no equivalent to get PvP or WvW stuff in PvE environment. We used to be able to farm the personal story for the currencies to buy Gift of Battle, but anet stopped that. It took me hours and hours to get Gift of Battle by grinding EoM… I don’t like killing other players. I like it less than you probably like opening waypoints

Inculpatus cedo.9234

The person I quoted said one must do PvP and WvW. I am wondering what part of PvP one must do, that isn’t WvW, as I (and he/she) stated.

I’m pretty sure one could never farm the Personal Story for Badges of Honor; perhaps, you are confusing the Achievement Chests rewards for that. I’m also sure, I never made any statements about liking or disliking opening Waypoints. For the record, I would be against any kind of by-passing of the requirement, but what others do does not really affect my gameplay.

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

Ophidia Moonstone.2587

What you are suggesting would affect my game play because the waypoints would be open on all of my alts. I don’t want them open. I want to have to work to complete the map.

My point still remains, there are many things that you can get from your reward tracks that are PvE rewards, but the opposite isn’t really true for WvW and PvP rewards. I can’t get the armor and weapons that are from those portions of the game, but you can get many of the PvE ones. I don’t really care that you can get it, it doesn’t impact my game. I was rather miffed that they took the merchant that sold Gift of Battle away because I had saved up the currency to buy it.

I am all for people having more ways to play their game and get rewards, but waypoints in the PvE portion of the game shouldn’t be nerfed because you don’t want to go to Lion’s Arch and do a little running

Edited to add, PvPers and WvWers get so many tombs of knowledge and so many currencies to buy hero points that they really do not have much call to engage in PvE, so I can imagine it must be annoying to have to go run to a waypoint when you happen to need to be in our world for a few minutes, I totally get it, I wouldn’t step foot in PvP for anything. I’d quit the game first.

(edited by Ophidia Moonstone.2587)

Roundabout.1752

What PvP do you have to play to make a Legendary?

Inculpatus cedo.9234

What you are suggesting would affect my game play because the waypoints would be open on all of my alts. I don’t want them open. I want to have to work to complete the map.

My point still remains, there are many things that you can get from your reward tracks that are PvE rewards, but the opposite isn’t really true for WvW and PvP rewards. I can’t get the armor and weapons that are from those portions of the game, but you can get many of the PvE ones. I don’t really care that you can get it, it doesn’t impact my game. I was rather miffed that they took the merchant that sold Gift of Battle away because I had saved up the currency to buy it.

I am all for people having more ways to play their game and get rewards, but waypoints in the PvE portion of the game shouldn’t be nerfed because you don’t want to go to Lion’s Arch and do a little running

Edited to add, PvPers and WvWers get so many tombs of knowledge and so many currencies to buy hero points that they really do not have much call to engage in PvE, so I can imagine it must be annoying to have to go run to a waypoint when you happen to need to be in our world for a few minutes, I totally get it, I wouldn’t step foot in PvP for anything. I’d quit the game first.

Not sure why you keep responding to my posts as if I’m champing removing (or adding ways to bypass manually opening) Waypoints. Or making claims that I don’t want to go to LA or run to said Waypoints.

If you must know, I don’t need to enter LA, I have a Terrace Pass.

Posted by: undouble.1472

undouble.1472

Why not add a “Mastery Point” as an additional “reward” for Map Completion in the Tyria (only) world? This would provide an additional incentive for characters to actually complete their world exploration, AND aid those players who “dislike, are uninterested, or just donwanna” play WvW, PvP, Fractals, or “run” dungeons to still be able to complete the “new” mastery sequence in Tyria. Or——add a “Mastery Point” for each REGION (Kryta, Ascalon, Shiverpeaks, Maguuma) completed by a character (NOT retroactive).
As it is currently, ANET forces players to engage in activities that they are uninterested in playing, which can only serve to drive away those players————a GREAT way of reducing server loads!!! I like “playing the game”————sitting around “LFG” on my thumb doesn’t impress me at all!! But that’s exactly what happens in Fractals, Dungeons, and PvP——————-whoopee!!

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Why not add a “Mastery Point” as an additional “reward” for Map Completion in the Tyria (only) world? This would provide an additional incentive for characters to actually complete their world exploration, AND aid those players who “dislike, are uninterested, or just donwanna” play WvW, PvP, Fractals, or “run” dungeons to still be able to complete the “new” mastery sequence in Tyria. Or——add a “Mastery Point” for each REGION (Kryta, Ascalon, Shiverpeaks, Maguuma) completed by a character (NOT retroactive).
As it is currently, ANET forces players to engage in activities that they are uninterested in playing, which can only serve to drive away those players————a GREAT way of reducing server loads!!! I like “playing the game”————sitting around “LFG” on my thumb doesn’t impress me at all!! But that’s exactly what happens in Fractals, Dungeons, and PvP——————-whoopee!!

If they do it for region, they better do it retroactive for any character that has not been deleted. I’ve fully explored the map on 2 characters. If they do this, I expect to get the mastery points that they’ve earned. Just like every other mastery point out there. I’ve gotten retroactive credit for all other mastery points that were applicable. This one should not be an exception if they put it in place.

Posted by: Chad.6104

Chad.6104

A non rectroactive mastery point for having done content is different from all the other mastery points. All the others are done once no matter when and done for all on that account. You’re arguing for a remake of the mastery points because you don’t want to explore on each char, but that’s not a good enough reason to do that.

Your post also seems to suggest that multiple chars can earn the same mastery points by repeating the same content. (add a “Mastery Point” for each REGION (Kryta, Ascalon, Shiverpeaks, Maguuma) completed by a character). . If so, that’s another redo of the mastery system and would be abused by people making and deleting chars to farm map Masteries.