[Suggestion] Younger Female Human options

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

So earlier, I was playing around with my character’s appearance, and noticed that while I have many setting options, I can’t make my human female look like a teenager. Every combinations I tried, just looked like a short adult.

I realize that there are rules against child human avatars being hurt in game, so it’s understandable that you can’t create a child character. But I’m looking to see if there can be more options for looks: Younger and perhaps even Older.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: Arkinos.7245

Arkinos.7245

Please not.

I hate all the asian MMOs where chars look like 13 year olds with double d breasts.

I really do not want to see that here.

Posted by: segman.3560

segman.3560

Dear God, no!
I don’t want this game to be another manga-stylized pedophile dinner.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Maybe it is just my age but most of the human female characters already look like they are on their way to a Justin Biebers concert to me.

The Burninator

Smooth Penguin.5294

I think maybe this is a cultural difference between gamers? I don’t look at my avatar as some object to drool over. I’m just looking to have more options to customize my characters. In many fantasy movies, you have the teenage hero slaying dragons and wizards, like Harry Potter or Narnia. Having that in game isn’t so bad.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

I doubt it, there are so many kinky/revealing armors in this game.
Having underage looking characters in kinky armor would most likely create problems for anet. Frankly I don’t know how japanese games get away with it, cultural differences I guess.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I will have to agree with JustTrogdor….most of the female Human characters look like teenagers to me, already.

Now, being able to create older-looking characters would be welcomed, at least by me. =)

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

Maybe it is just my age but most of the human female characters already look like they are on their way to a Justin Biebers concert to me.

Most of the girls I’ve seen in game look older than the ones I attend high school with.

Smooth Penguin.5294

Size and body type can give the illusion of a younger character from far away, but when you get up close, you’ll see that they’re just a short adult.

Maybe Anet can make a “non-combat” character type that allows us to RP as teenagers? These special character types wouldn’t be allowed outside of towns.

Posted by: Ark.9586

Ark.9586

They don’t look like teenagers to me either… more like young adults.

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

i’m judging this by the ever solid argument of ‘lol i’d rather look at a girl all day’, i’m gonna have to give this a no vote.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

How many ways will be people be able to spell Lolita using symbols?

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

wat. even younger?
most human females already look like mentally challenged 14 year olds.

my female necro looks like 20, i’d say. how much younger do you want them?

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

My human mesmer is ICly 30 years old. It took a lot of work to tweak a face to look even close to that. Most of the faces come out late teens at best.

The young look is easy. Round the face a bit, make the eyes larger, the nose softer and smaller, avoid the really lipsticked look. Do one of the little-girl hairstyles and make the head a little bit larger on a shorter slimmer body. Voila.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

I’d have to agree with the majority here, most human females already look very young.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Nyminett.8954

Nyminett.8954

Same here. I tried really really hard to make human female who would look like woman rather than girl. No success. Eventually, I had to create Norn instead.

Smooth Penguin.5294

I’d have to agree with the majority here, most human females already look very young.

The point here is that it’s not young enough. More options would be welcome. It’s not like it’s game breaking or anything.

Posted by: MegumiAzusa.2918

MegumiAzusa.2918

Though I do believe the OP is trolling this looks to be at most 16 to me:

Attachments:

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

If we’re going down this road, I’d like some options so I can play as a teenaged male, too. However old or young people think the women look, the men all look like they’re in their 30’s. Yet, I don’t know if anyone has complained about them looking so old. Let’s get some baby-faced human guys out there!

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Actually I think many of the human males look young as well. Most look in their lower 20’s.

The Burninator

zenleto.6179

Actually I think many of the human males look young as well. Most look in their lower 20’s.

Yep. I struggle to make one that doesn’t look like he would be a supporting act for Bieber.

Posted by: Sytherek.7689

Sytherek.7689

Options are always good, but female humans already look like teenagers. I have three daughters who play, and they’ve complained about this as well.

Posted by: slamb.4781

slamb.4781

The 1st thing that came to mind when i saw this post.

Attachments:

Sir Kitty Litter
[QOP] Quaggan Op – Guild Leader

Smooth Penguin.5294

You posted a pic of an adult female human.

MegumiAzusa.2918

I’m female, and it was actually kinda fun to create a char for giggles and make her look as young as possible. Also the reason why she’s all in pink and sports the battle bra.

MegumiAzusa.2918

You, good sir, have an … interesting image in mind of what you consider teen and want to play in this game.

Smooth Penguin.5294

I think we’re getting sidetracked here. Deep down, I’m sure we all agree that having more options would be a good thing, regardless if it’s for the younger or older looks. To each his/her own on what you do with said character.

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

you can make a charachter look very young, you have to increase head size, go for one of the small chest frames. and adjust some of the face options manually.
It wont look like a prepubescent girl, but it will look like a teenager. If you want an extremely young looking teen, well i dont think thats what they want to do.

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

Yep. I struggle to make one that doesn’t look like he would be a supporting act for Bieber.

thats basically why i dont play humans. I (personally) dont want to play a char that looks like he only just recently lost his braces and got permission of his parents to go out and kill dragons…but only till 10 cause tomorrow is school…and norn are too…norn for me (cant find my zen with that race…i really dunno why, by definition and style i should love em cause i usually love viking and nordic stuff). Heck my army of female charrs look unintentionally more manly then 90% of human males (what i find actually funny and i didnt even notice that i made a chick with my first and still main char). Though… i wont lie, id gladly make a human male…if there would be options to make a rugged, battle field shaped and “angry” or atleast experienced looking male. Something like this in the attachment would do it already for me. But back to the theme… not want to de-rail the topic too much

Attachments:

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I’d be absolutely on-board with older faces and body types being added. But younger? No thanks. There are enough games out there that cater to the “teenagers and children saving the world” trope (like basically any anime game ever) as it is.

And even beyond that, it doesn’t make any sense for a child or a teenager to do half the stuff your characters end up doing. A teenager as second in command of the Pact? As leader of a group of up-and-coming “legends”? Being one of the best fighters in the world? Nope.

Taimi is already pushing it, but at least she’s still treated like a child, whereas a player wouldn’t be.

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Every human female in the game is already baby faced. If it wasnt for the bewbs, I would have assumed most of them was 10 years old or so.

Smooth Penguin.5294

You, good sir, have an … interesting image in mind of what you consider teen and want to play in this game.

As a real life human female, I’m sure you an attest that no teenager looks like what you posted, ever. Even in the movies.

I mean, what if I wanted to make an in game Harry Potter guild, and have the characters look like they’re from book 1 or 2? Right now, what I have is a bunch of adults cosplaying as an older looking wizard from book 5.

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

agreed. if you want to play kids, pick human.

if you want adults, try norn.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

zenleto.6179

thats basically why i dont play humans. I (personally) dont want to play a char that looks like he only just recently lost his braces and got permission of his parents to go out and kill dragons…but only till 10 cause tomorrow is school…and norn are too…norn for me (cant find my zen with that race…i really dunno why, by definition and style i should love em cause i usually love viking and nordic stuff). Heck my army of female charrs look unintentionally more manly then 90% of human males (what i find actually funny and i didnt even notice that i made a chick with my first and still main char). Though… i wont lie, id gladly make a human male…if there would be options to make a rugged, battle field shaped and “angry” or atleast experienced looking male. Something like this in the attachment would do it already for me. But back to the theme… not want to de-rail the topic too much

I was just looking at my humans (3 alts out of 55; 2 male, 1 female) and I think I did a fairly good job on them but I noticed I picked the same base face for the males. They still look different enough but its going to bother me a little now. Norn females are much easier but they can still be made to look a little cutesie, unfortunately.

edit: doh! I found an extra human female. Too many alts!

(edited by zenleto.6179)

Smooth Penguin.5294

Another idea would be for more character voice options to actually make then sound younger. I would love for my character to sound like Pinkie Pie. Anet needs to hire Andrea Libman right away!

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

As a real life human female, I’m sure you an attest that no teenager looks like what you posted, ever. Even in the movies.

I mean, what if I wanted to make an in game Harry Potter guild, and have the characters look like they’re from book 1 or 2? Right now, what I have is a bunch of adults cosplaying as an older looking wizard from book 5.

Acceptable Breaks from Reality. A lot of the armors accentuate the female’s… curves, so the bust size just isn’t going to be adjusted down that far. You’ll just have to pretend your character is younger if you want that, or avoid that section of history, or… y’know, roleplay offline using your imagination.

Basaltface.2786

I was just looking at my humans (3 alts out of 55; 2 male, 1 female) and I think I did a fairly good job on them but I noticed I picked the same base face for the males. They still look different enough but its going to bother me a little now. Norn females are much easier but they can still be made to look a little cutesie, unfortunately.

hehe hence why i made myself only charrs… its close to impossible to make a charr look cute…cept you “try too hard” if you know what i mean XD

Posted by: Viking.1950

Viking.1950

Anyone under 30 is just a kid as far as I am concerned so I don’t know what your going on about.

MegumiAzusa.2918

Acceptable Breaks from Reality. A lot of the armors accentuate the female’s… curves, so the bust size just isn’t going to be adjusted down that far. You’ll just have to pretend your character is younger if you want that, or avoid that section of history, or… y’know, roleplay offline using your imagination.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-WI2dc7Ger2Q/U3NjS1BRNoI/AAAAAAAAiDI/aTTts8BW9Hs/s1600/jugs1-640x659.jpg

phys.7689

harry potter in book 1 and 2 would be 10-11 years old, thats not a teenager, thats a preteen

just looked up the movies, and yeah, first movie daniel radcliff would have been 9 -12 and emma watson would have been 8-11, depending how early they shot the movie.

so basically you perception of age is a fair bit off, what you want would be kids.

(edited by phys.7689)

Smooth Penguin.5294

The body type isn’t the problem. In fact, I love that I can make a skinny or chubby human, though I would like more body types. The face, on the other hand, can really break the immersion of what I’m trying to create. Everything screams adult, esp. when they start talking in cutscenes.

Smooth Penguin.5294

harry potter in book 1 and 2 would be 10-11 years old, thats not a teenager, thats a preteen

My bad, I got my books mixed up. Book 3 to 4 then, as compared to when Harry has his kid.

phys.7689

Another idea would be for more character voice options to actually make then sound younger. I would love for my character to sound like Pinkie Pie. Anet needs to hire Andrea Libman right away!

they will never do voice, they dont want to re enact, or have to do multiple actors for every race.
IMO this is the flaw in extensive VA for charachters, it limits them greatly in terms of what they can realistically design as far as charachter role play/choices/personality

Posted by: ammayhem.5962

ammayhem.5962

Every human female in the game is already baby faced. If it wasnt for the bewbs, I would have assumed most of them was 10 years old or so.

Yeah, human female legs are so sickly thin. Are they 12 years old, or malnourished?

Port Sledge University [PSU]
Sorrow’s Furnace

Posted by: Servanin.5021

Servanin.5021

NCsoft is founded in Korea. They might look “malnorished” compared to american standards.

Anyways, human females already have a dancer body type, to the point where they are not completely flat chested but pretty small and are just thin instead of curvy. Going any further wouldn’t be teenager, it would be 9-10 years old.

My human female mesmer is just a step away from being a magical girl.

(edited by Servanin.5021)

Posted by: Aethgar.1784

Aethgar.1784

Older humans absolutely. Silvering temples, streaks of graying hair, yes please.
As a roleplayer, I’ve seen guilds of slaves in this game. I’ve seen worse.
Giving some players the option to roleplay adolescent girls purely to be in degrading situations, or exploitative ones, is not a place I think most would enthusiastically say ANet should go.
And let’s please be cynical and realistic enough to appreciate that if the ability to do it was there, that is PRECISELY what would happen.
Rule 34.

Tarnished Coast| House Corvidae
Lord Ahrwit Valdyr/Isambard FitzValdyr/many more…

Smooth Penguin.5294

What does Rule 34 mean?

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

What does Rule 34 mean?

Google it as it can’t be discussed on the forums.

Basaltface.2786

What does Rule 34 mean?

basically if it exists then there is pornographic material about it. Thats rule 34

Posted by: Pockets.3201

Pockets.3201

I occasionally pop into an older MMO where the character creator is more expansive. As of late the number of people creating very young characters for sexual purposes has become enough of a problem that the GMs were required to make a public statement on it.

I’m sure Anet would be more than happy to not have to worry about that anymore than they already have to.