[Suggestion] Younger Female Human options

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Schneider.8615

Schneider.8615

No, leave fighting to the adults. I don’t want to see kids and seniors running around in tarzan and jane clothes while wielding greatswords. :/ Would break the immersion completely.

Posted by: SyllyReth.2495

SyllyReth.2495

Older character options, yes. It would be cool to see some seasoned warriors out there kicking some serious kitten, and I can see how RPers especially might want to tweak their characters’ appearance over time for RP purposes.

Younger characters? Eh…. tread carefully there. That’s a box that should probably not be opened for all the above mentioned reasons.

Unbridled Dynasty [UND]

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

What does Rule 34 mean?

Case in point.

He constantly trolled the horrible Black Lion forums, and was largely responsible for making them a useless cesspool.

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Case in point.

He constantly trolled the horrible Black Lion forums, and was largely responsible for making them a useless cesspool.

Your memory is recalling different events. In my debates there, I defended Anet from the Entitled who spread inaccurate claims that the economy was broken and/or P2W.

No, leave fighting to the adults. I don’t want to see kids and seniors running around in tarzan and jane clothes while wielding greatswords. :/ Would break the immersion completely.

I think it would just splendid if I saw a grandpa Warrior with a cane, that switches to Greatsword stance in combat. Think Yoda in Episode 3. I would also feel the same if I saw a young boy wielding a sword, riding a lion mount in LA. Or a bunch of teenage characters riding the flying broom while carrying stick wands.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: Wolfheart.1879

Wolfheart.1879

I’m very much in the opposite camp.

I’d love to be able to make some truly ancient crone of a necromancer.

Or a male human warrior who actually looks like he’s been in a few wars and is all grizzly and time-weathered to show for it.

Divinity’s Reach is home to some top-tier criminal masterminds.
The kind of people who will set an orphanage on fire after locking themselves inside it.

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

Teenagers with these sexy costumes would be terrible. I don’t want this to become a game to be played by deviants.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

I think it would just splendid if I saw a grandpa Warrior with a cane, that switches to Greatsword stance in combat. Think Yoda in Episode 3. I would also feel the same if I saw a young boy wielding a sword, riding a lion mount in LA. Or a bunch of teenage characters riding the flying broom while carrying stick wands.

I’ll agree that it would be wonderful if we could have that sort of diversity, but let’s face it: some of that would require a lot of codes and flags to make it work the way you describe, and there are better things to spend resources on. While they do have child models for all the playable races (that have a child mode, sorry sylvari), I think lots of people have given good reason why we shouldn’t go that young. Not every player has the discipline you or I do, and it just invites trouble. As I said, either hand wave the differences you want for your RPing, or move it to a non-visual media, because it’s just not going to happen here.

Looks like you might be losing your first debate.

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

yeah, no, that sounds horrible. im glad we dont have this carp in the game. and im really glad youre not in a position in which you can decide anything regarding this game (at least i hope so).

Options:
1. Narcissist
2. Mentally challenged
3. Incredible D / trol

Definitely 1. with some 3.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

Djinn.9245

I think maybe this is a cultural difference between gamers? I don’t look at my avatar as some object to drool over. I’m just looking to have more options to customize my characters. In many fantasy movies, you have the teenage hero slaying dragons and wizards, like Harry Potter or Narnia. Having that in game isn’t so bad.

While I don’t understand why a person would get turned on by a cartoon, it is unfortunately the case. If this was a game created for the characters to be young people, with appropriate costumes, that would be fine. But Anet would not take the development effort to do the responsible thing and make the sexy costumes different for what is technically a child character. That’s why I voted “no” to this idea.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

Im sorry, but I just created a new human female character and spend hours on trying to make that character NOT look like a highschool attendant before stumbling about this thread, so Im with all the no-sayers.

Im a woman, and even I feel slightly uncomfortable playing a female teenager or even female child in any game. Has to be much worse for men I imagine. As it is, I like that the new styles go more towards the older looking direction, well, most of them anyways.

And if you want to play a character thats small and cute without breasts or genitalia… why not just create an asura? :/

Posted by: LucosTheDutch.4819

LucosTheDutch.4819

The OP must be playing a different game than me, because when I walk around in Divinity’s Reach in Guild Wars 2 I see nothing else but young teenage human females who look like teens and/or Barbie dolls.

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

Actually I think many of the human males look young as well. Most look in their lower 20’s.

Yep. I struggle to make one that doesn’t look like he would be a supporting act for Bieber.

thats basically why i dont play humans. I (personally) dont want to play a char that looks like he only just recently lost his braces and got permission of his parents to go out and kill dragons…but only till 10 cause tomorrow is school…and norn are too…norn for me (cant find my zen with that race…i really dunno why, by definition and style i should love em cause i usually love viking and nordic stuff). Heck my army of female charrs look unintentionally more manly then 90% of human males (what i find actually funny and i didnt even notice that i made a chick with my first and still main char). Though… i wont lie, id gladly make a human male…if there would be options to make a rugged, battle field shaped and “angry” or atleast experienced looking male. Something like this in the attachment would do it already for me. But back to the theme… not want to de-rail the topic too much

I’m at work but I have a male warrior modeled after Spartacus minus all the blood. I will post pic soon.

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Djinn.9245

Size and body type can give the illusion of a younger character from far away, but when you get up close, you’ll see that they’re just a short adult.

Maybe Anet can make a “non-combat” character type that allows us to RP as teenagers? These special character types wouldn’t be allowed outside of towns.

I thought you said you wanted an adventuring teenager, now you want to RP a teenager? What kind of RP would you do as a teenager that you can’t do with current characters? (And I’m kindof concerned about an adult wanting to RP a teenager…)

Posted by: Shiyo.3578

Shiyo.3578

Nothing wrong with wanting to be a cute loli.

Smooth Penguin.5294

I’ll agree that it would be wonderful if we could have that sort of diversity, but let’s face it: some of that would require a lot of codes and flags to make it work the way you describe, and there are better things to spend resources on. While they do have child models for all the playable races (that have a child mode, sorry sylvari), I think lots of people have given good reason why we shouldn’t go that young. Not every player has the discipline you or I do, and it just invites trouble. As I said, either hand wave the differences you want for your RPing, or move it to a non-visual media, because it’s just not going to happen here.

Looks like you might be losing your first debate.

I think a majority are in favor of more options, but at the same time, want censorship. It’s understandable, esp. when you have so many players in this thread bringing up naughty thoughts. I don’t get nearly the same reaction when I started talking about a “grandpa Warrior” than when I asked for a “young Harry Potter wizard”. One sparked smiles and giggles, while the other brought forth nervous head turns and internet rules.

I thought you said you wanted an adventuring teenager, now you want to RP a teenager? What kind of RP would you do as a teenager that you can’t do with current characters?

I’d want all of the above. RPing and PvEing. I was citing examples. RPing as the daughter of a Legendary Warrior, but looking like a short version of your magical mother breaks the lore of the character.

(edited by Smooth Penguin.5294)

Posted by: sosen.5672

sosen.5672

This is just ….disturbing… female humans already looked 12-17 now you want them even younger? :l

I for one would love to make an older looking human though like an old wizard looking human elementalist or so on.

Attachments:

(edited by sosen.5672)

Posted by: Aethgar.1784

Aethgar.1784

Sadly, humans are humans. And there are, for whatever reason, many more who fetishize youth than there are old age. I think for most of us who’d enjoy an older character, it’s not into crone land most are talking about, but elements of grizzled middle age.
The problem really is that anyone who’s been on the internet for any reasonable time and been bored, or read tvtropes, or delved into 4chan, or anything else, is aware that bored gamers and the ability to create adolescent characters becomes a bad thing faster than anyone would want.
Human history is filled with examples of terrible things happening to exploited younger folks, and many less happening to those past their reproductively active years. Just how it is.

Tarnished Coast| House Corvidae
Lord Ahrwit Valdyr/Isambard FitzValdyr/many more…

Djinn.9245

Though I do believe the OP is trolling this looks to be at most 16 to me:

You posted a pic of an adult female human.

You, good sir, have an … interesting image in mind of what you consider teen and want to play in this game.

I think he wants more like 13… O.o

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

YOUNGER? They already look like they’re fresh out of high school. I’d rather have the opposite. Give me options to make them look older if I want.

Djinn.9245

What does Rule 34 mean?

Google it as it can’t be discussed on the forums.

Well, it sort of can. “If it does exist, then there is a group who will fetishize it.” It’s really a stronger term, but we can leave that off.

Though I do believe the OP is trolling this looks to be at most 16 to me:

OP is a well known troll.

That’s really unfair. Just because I bring up valid arguments and never lose debates, is no reason why you should label me a troll.

“Never lose debates”? That’s a pretty strong claim that borders on troll-dom. I’m not going to say anything further than that, but I would be careful if I were you. Sometimes we step over the line and don’t even realize we have.

I’m not caught up on my internet speak, so thanks for clarifying.

As for debates, people here have called me many things. White Knight, Troll, etc. But when you look at my debate history, I’ve never lost a single, serious debate, esp. with regards to the economy. I have, however, been out debated by fellow players like Vol, JT, Behe, and Wanze, because they were willing to provide deeper insight into issues than I was willing to spent time on.

You said you never lost a debate…

Smooth Penguin.5294

This is just ….disturbing… female humans already looked 12-17 now you want them even younger? :l

And this is why we can’t have good things.

In all seriousness, can we all agree that “more options for character creation” (the true core behind this post) is something that should be debated, and not how deviants view virtual avatars? That’s almost a completely different topic for Dr. Phil.

Yeah, I underestimated the power of trolls derailing my thread. As for the other players I listed, mind you their debate stances were in my side. They were just more detailed in their arguments. I don’t think I would have anything to argue against them, but if I did, it would be a good time.

Edit – On a related note, why are some into older characters, yet against younger? One could claim the internet rule on that too.

Djinn.9245

See, here is exactly what we need to be concerned about.

Posted by: Shiyo.3578

Shiyo.3578

See, here is exactly what we need to be concerned about.

If I said oppai loli there would be something to be concerned about.

Posted by: Pockets.3201

Pockets.3201

In all seriousness, can we all agree that “more options for character creation” (the true core behind this post) is something that should be debated, and not how deviants view virtual avatars? That’s almost a completely different topic for Dr. Phil.

Yeah, I underestimated the power of trolls derailing my thread. As for the other players I listed, mind you their debate stances were in my side. They were just more detailed in their arguments. I don’t think I would have anything to argue against them, but if I did, it would be a good time.

How deviants will use said avatars is very relevant.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

It would be nice if this could be just a “more options” discussion but since this is the internet we all know that this particular subject matter would be corrupted by people who are morally repugnant, or just plain silly.

For the record, I actually liked your description of the Potter-style wizards having some fun. And my quest to make an ancient Norn elementalist is ongoing.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Djinn.9245

Edit – On a related note, why are some into older characters, yet against younger? One could claim the internet rule on that too.

Because pre-adult exploitation is a huge problem.

Yasi.9065

So wait… trolls get trolled too? I just… I think my whole world just got destroyed

More options… Im all for more options.

Younger, thats where the problems start. Without getting into deviant territory… I already can see those tons of “street urchin” looking characters in DR or LA begging for gold

More options, yes.

How about… a potion that can transform a character into a kid or a crone for some time, with lets say 10 different models to randomly get chosen?

Smooth Penguin.5294

It would be nice if this could be just a “more options” discussion but since this is the internet we all know that this particular subject matter would be corrupted by people who are morally repugnant, or just plain silly.

For the record, I actually liked your description of the Potter-style wizards having some fun. And my quest to make an ancient Norn elementalist is ongoing.

Norn have that awesome handlebar mustache. What about a waist length beard? Now that we have Celestial White as a hair color option, we could make our wise and ancient norn wizards. Options like that would be welcome (for Makeover kits of course).

Separately, I would like to be able to go into combat with the toy riding broom.

How deviants will use said avatars is very relevant.

This thread has opened my eyes for sure. Trying my best to keep the discussion on track.

How about… a potion that can transform a character into a kid or a crone for some time, with lets say 10 different models to randomly get chosen?

That’s an awesome idea! It’s a compromise for RPers who would love to expand their RP style.

Posted by: Vermillion Hawk.9037

Vermillion Hawk.9037

I’m giving this thread maybe a 7/10, it was decently believable until Harry Potter started being mentioned. Extra points for effort though.

Grand Master of The Knights Hospitaller [STJ]
Isle of Janthir – Sylvari Mesmer – Alexandre Le Grande

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

because we’re pretty close to the ‘young’-end of the age spectrum already.
we got humans that look like theyre 15. with some sliderkittenyou can maybe crank that up to 25 or something, but the entire range from there to 60 or so is not available.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

Smooth Penguin.5294

I’m giving this thread maybe a 7/10, it was decently believable until Harry Potter started being mentioned. Extra points for effort though.

I guarantee you that once in your life, you dreamed that you could play football in the air, or slay a ghost. You don’t have to admit it, because I know…

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

snips

What about a waist length beard? Now that we have Celestial White as a hair color option, we could make our wise and ancient norn wizards. Options like that would be welcome (for Makeover kits of course).

snips

This is exactly what I’m after. The current facial hair just doesn’t do it.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Smooth Penguin.5294

snips

What about a waist length beard? Now that we have Celestial White as a hair color option, we could make our wise and ancient norn wizards. Options like that would be welcome (for Makeover kits of course).

snips

This is exactly what I’m after. The current facial hair just doesn’t do it.

Huzzah! Agreement! Hope the Devs take note of this positive outcome.

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

Yes, but that doesn’t make the arguments any less valid. Sadly, they are accurate. So long as the option exists, it will be corrupted.
[quote;Smooth Penguin.5294]Edit – On a related note, why are some into older characters, yet against younger? One could claim the internet rule on that too.[/quote]
Several reasons. 1) child exploitation 2) old people are of the age of consent 3) It’s not as popular as the opposite end of the spectrum.

Also, although I can’t find it now, but I think someone in this thread said something about a guy feeling awkward about playing a young girl. In response to this, all I will say is: you’d be surprised.

Posted by: cosmatman.9306

cosmatman.9306

1) roll a human and set the height slider all the way down.

2) if you want to play as a female then pick the ponytail hairdo, the face that looks kinda youngish, and then pick the chest option with the small tater tots

3) level with friends but tell them that they have to roll Norn and that they have to move their height slider all the way up

4) whenever this group is out questing act like you know everything (common teenager behavior) and constantly ask the group “are we there yet?”

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

Actually I think many of the human males look young as well. Most look in their lower 20’s.

Yep. I struggle to make one that doesn’t look like he would be a supporting act for Bieber.

thats basically why i dont play humans. I (personally) dont want to play a char that looks like he only just recently lost his braces and got permission of his parents to go out and kill dragons…but only till 10 cause tomorrow is school…and norn are too…norn for me (cant find my zen with that race…i really dunno why, by definition and style i should love em cause i usually love viking and nordic stuff). Heck my army of female charrs look unintentionally more manly then 90% of human males (what i find actually funny and i didnt even notice that i made a chick with my first and still main char). Though… i wont lie, id gladly make a human male…if there would be options to make a rugged, battle field shaped and “angry” or atleast experienced looking male. Something like this in the attachment would do it already for me. But back to the theme… not want to de-rail the topic too much

I’m at work but I have a male warrior modeled after Spartacus minus all the blood. I will post pic soon.

goodie curios how it looks.

Posted by: hildegain.2106

hildegain.2106

I doubt it, there are so many kinky/revealing armors in this game.
Having underage looking characters in kinky armor would most likely create problems for anet. Frankly I don’t know how japanese games get away with it, cultural differences I guess.

As long as your game isn’t pornographic, there’s no issue really. Well, outside of China. I think the people putting forth this kind of argument and having this kind of stance are the most immature and self-hating kind of people.

Why are we so defensive about things “looking kinky”?

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Having underage looking characters in kinky armor would most likely create problems for anet. Frankly I don’t know how japanese games get away with it, cultural differences I guess.

As long as your game isn’t pornographic, there’s no issue really. Well, outside of China. I think the people putting forth this kind of argument and having this kind of stance are the most immature and self-hating kind of people.

I’m not defensive about anything, I like kinky armor a lot. So I personally wouldn’t mind if the OP’s request was granted, though I don’t really see the need as most human characters already look like they just got out of high school.

I’m just saying it could cause problems for anet. There is a reason why asura females barely have skimpy armors and are also wearing a bathing suit instead of actual underwear.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

It might make the personal story a bit weird too. A really young or really old character being best friends with Lord Faren would just be creepy.

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

Its not for everybody ya know. I for example dont like “kinky” armor. I personally prefer to have armor that looks like atleast in theory could protect you and chars of atleast 18 years wearing em. There are other ways i can (and do) ogle at a cleavage or naked skin in general. Well im not here to judge or demonise people who do like this sort of stuff cause there is nothing at all wrong with it…but i personally do draw the line at age for many reasons.

http://www.zam.com/Im/Image/188159.jpg

Can only speak for myself…but i find stuff like this incredible creepy and uncomfortable…especially if combined with kinky armor. Might just be me though.

(picture shows a playable race in Tera)

Yasi.9065

Not just you, jesus… That image is gonna haunt me forever

Posted by: Sarisa.4731

Sarisa.4731

I’m very much in the opposite camp.

I’d love to be able to make some truly ancient crone of a necromancer.

Or a male human warrior who actually looks like he’s been in a few wars and is all grizzly and time-weathered to show for it.

I’d love to be able to make a character as a homage to Dunkoro

Lille of the Valley [WHIP]

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

Does my ele not look young enough?

Attachments:

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Posted by: Moderator.6437

Moderator.6437

Since the discussion in this thread has derailed and is no longer constructive this thread is now closed.