Suggestion/bug: Mystic Forge & Invisible bags

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

It would be really nice if items placed in an invisible bag didn’t show up in the list of items which can be thrown into the Mystic Forge.

This is exactly why I have an invisible bag – so I don’t accidently sell/salvage/otherwise lose or destroy items I want to keep.

So it’s a little worrying when I go to forge some random items I’ve got and I see my two alternate weapons and a newly acquired trinket I’m holding onto until I have the full set in the list of items I can throw in.

To me this seems inconsistent with the way invisible bags work – I thought the whole point was to stop their contents from showing up in menus like this and therefore stop them from being lost or destroyed accidentally.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Tanner Blackfeather.6509

I agree.
I think the forge uses the same system as crafting, and that sees the content of invisible bags as well.
The bags do specify that contents will not show at vendors and trading post – it doesn’t actually say anything about crafting :/

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I agree it would be nice to not have items in invisible bags show at the MF. I’ve accidentally forged exotic weapons I’ve had in my invisible bags that I normally keep for swapping builds. My own fault for not paying attention but it would still be a nice change.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I actually like this ‘feature’ because it allows me to store ‘pending for mystic forge’ items in the same character until I’m ready to forge a bunch in a row, without fear that I’ll accidentally salvage, TP, or vendor.

That said, I agree with the OP that it’s inconsistent with how invisible bags work in every other interface. I’d be okay with finding another solution for myself if/when ANet gets around to reconciling this.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Personally I like it the way it is, as I use my invis bags to keep forgeables on my characters rather than accidentally depositing them all the time.