Suggestion for Bass Guitar

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

The new bass guitar is the greatest thing ever conceived. So great in fact, that… well…
Can we get a new hammer skin matching the guitar? XD
I’d die happy if I could use that thing as a weapon as well. Especially on my engineer.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/b/b9/Musical_Bass_Guitar.jpg

Posted by: Fransson.7910

Fransson.7910

YEAH, use it as a hammer and smash it against a rock!
that noise is more enfuriating than the “ding ding” from the hoho-tron mini

There is no waypoint rezzing in real life,
but there are people who will help you get back up when you are downed
- PalwaJoko

Grimwolf.7163

I understand people complaining about it not sounding like a real bass, but I don’t think it’s annoying.

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

I understand people complaining about it not sounding like a real bass, but I don’t think it’s annoying.

not only annoying…but a big disappointment…Sigh..

Grimwolf.7163

Then all the more reason, so I can swing my righteous bass into the face of haters
Bonus if it makes sounds when it connects.

Grimwolf.7163

Ignoring disdain anyone might have for the instrument’s sound, it would still make an awesome looking weapon skin, right?
Personally, I’d go through the legendary crafting process just to get it as a hammer.

Posted by: Chronos.1046

Chronos.1046

Looks awesome, effects are awesome, the way my charr plays the guitar looks awesome. Sounds.. well horrible, first thing that came to mind – tin can/organ/piano/fret buzz?
Besides that, having only the low and “high” octave isn’t efficient to play a lot of songs, it really needs a higher octave. I’ve asked for a refund because I have no faith in A-net considering adding another octave let alone changing the sound to something that resembles an actual bass guitar.

Posted by: Oreithyia.3064

Oreithyia.3064

I’m sure you find a lot of nice bassguitar samples in a lot of digital orchestra libraries, so why does it have to sound like a bad synthecizer? did they do the sound recording during their lunch break?
It’s sad, because the insrument look pretty cool.

Posted by: Chronos.1046

Chronos.1046

I’m sure you find a lot of nice bassguitar samples in a lot of digital orchestra libraries, so why does it have to sound like a bad synthecizer? did they do the sound recording during their lunch break?
It’s sad, because the insrument look pretty cool.

I’m embarassed for Anet’s sake to even play the instrument around other players because it sounds so bad, you could’ve gotten away with the sounds from Guitar Pro atleast it wouldn’t sound like a buzzy piano synth mess