Suggestion forum back please?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ren.5842

Ren.5842

Posted a suggestion earlier tonight regarding public Achievement Profiles (https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/community/api/Public-Achievement-Profile-please) which got moved to the API subforum simply for including those three words.

If suggestion posts are all going to get split up and moved to obscure subforums, can we just get the original suggestion forum back so they’re all in one place and people know where to look?

Thanks

Leader of Varshen, a BDO Guild
www.varshen.com

Posted by: Mark Katzbach

Mark Katzbach

Content Marketing Manager

Next

The suggestions forum was archived in favor of posting in relevant subforums. Team members here already monitor those subforums that are relevant to their work, the suggestions subforum required them to look in multiple places and comb through unrelated suggestions to find those that were relevant to them. We feel that focusing suggestions into the relevant places, team members are more likely to read suggestions that they may be able to act upon.

Ren.5842

Hi Mark,

Makes a lot of sense, but in terms of getting community feedback, I doubt most forum goers would trawl subforums unless they know there’s something there of interest. Surely it encourages less community feedback to suggestions overall?

www.varshen.com

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

The ability to publicly view someone’s achievements is something that would be done through the API. I think you can figure out why it was moved there.

Ren.5842

The ability to publicly view someone’s achievements is something that would be done through the API. I think you can figure out why it was moved there.

Yep it’s pretty obvious why, that misses the point of this post though which is putting suggestions in front of community eyeballs.

www.varshen.com

Posted by: bwillb.2165

bwillb.2165

The suggestions forum was archived in favor of posting in relevant subforums. Team members here already monitor those subforums that are relevant to their work, the suggestions subforum required them to look in multiple places and comb through unrelated suggestions to find those that were relevant to them. We feel that focusing suggestions into the relevant places, team members are more likely to read suggestions that they may be able to act upon.

Which subforum would I go to to suggest an option to turn the kitten ed spell effect visuals down without destroying image quality?

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

I think if I was a dev, I would have been too tempted to reply to this thread by telling the OP to post this in the suggestion sub-forum for consideration. =P

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

I really hope the ones who mark their “ideas” as suggestions, will receive some feedback at least.

i do not expect a full written review of why it would (not) work, but something like a “we have read your sugestion, please discuss further, we might be coming back on this” or a simple “good idea, we will think about it.”

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

You should tell the mods to actually read the posts they move. Just the other day, a post dealing with Living World zerg events was moved to the WvW forum. It had absolutely NOTHING to do with WvW.

And if there are any mods who do not play the game, they should be let go from ArenaNet in favor of those who actually do know what is going on with the game.

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

Hi Mark,

Makes a lot of sense, but in terms of getting community feedback, I doubt most forum goers would trawl subforums unless they know there’s something there of interest. Surely it encourages less community feedback to suggestions overall?

It does make sense.

Perhaps something for the community in the form of a suggestions area like the Developer Comments area. A stream of the suggestions and then people can click the link to go to that thread?

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

Posted by: shogei.8015

shogei.8015

Can suggestions be created with a semantic tag, similar to Dev posts, so that they can be viewed by players in a central location?

Guild warrior for life!

Posted by: Brutal Augus.5917

Brutal Augus.5917

I had an issue with the guild bank/treasure trove, but the suggestions forum seemed to be the only appropriate place to post about it…but I can’t post there now. Oh well

[varX] Limitless Potential

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Hi Mark,

I’ve seen many threads that were begun in other sub-forums, that were then moved to the Suggestions sub-forum, There, they died. I’ve seen comments in threads that were moved to the old suggestions forum that the thread had been killed by being moved to a sub-forum that few visited. Now, if someone wants to discuss WvW, suggestion or not, they know where to go.

I see this change as a win.

Ren.5842

Hi Mark,

I’ve seen many threads that were begun in other sub-forums, that were then moved to the Suggestions sub-forum, There, they died. I’ve seen comments in threads that were moved to the old suggestions forum that the thread had been killed by being moved to a sub-forum that few visited. Now, if someone wants to discuss WvW, suggestion or not, they know where to go.

It’s a win for devs, who have to monitor less forums each, but how so for players? I rarely ever look in sub forums, how can we be sure players are seeing suggestions and being given an opportunity to put forward their two cents?

www.varshen.com

Posted by: Mark Katzbach

Previous

Mark Katzbach

Content Marketing Manager

Hi Mark,

It’s a win for devs, who have to monitor less forums each, but how so for players? I rarely ever look in sub forums, how can we be sure players are seeing suggestions and being given an opportunity to put forward their two cents?

Anybody who is taking the time to read a subforum relevant to their interests has the opportunity to see, read and comment on these threads. This means, for example, that a WvW player reading the WvW forum will see a WvW suggestion posted there.

They’re actually more likely to see posts in the subforum they are already reading than in the suggestions forum, where they might have only ventured once in a while when a thread they were following was moved there or to make a suggestion of their own.

Also, as mentioned above, the Suggestions forum had a bit of a reputation for being a graveyard where moderators sent threads to die. It was never our intention to send this message and so we felt it was better for overall morale to sunset the suggestions forum and allow player suggestions to live in the subforum related to the topic of their suggestions.

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

Can I ask why any threads that relate to GvG’s are moved out of the WvW Discussion thread and put in the “Things Die Here” In-game Event thread?

In-game Event’s can mean ANYTHING.

Where GvG’s relate solely to WvW and as such, should be discussed there. Or, give them their own thread in WvW section.

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

The new method keeps suggestions relevant to the game’s scope at any given time. Prime example, the thread in the suggestion forum that suggested “The only thing that can save the game is a new planet with flying mounts”

Posted by: Kitta.3657

Kitta.3657

As much as I understand the reasoning behind it, I think it does bring up a new problem. If a suggestion does not fit into a sub-forum’s subject, then there is only one place to put it into and that is the general guild wars 2 discussions. That sub-forum seems to be one of the top viewed sub-forums which means most likely that your suggestion will rapidly be ignored because of the sheer amount of newly created or bumped threads in that section thus more threads on the same subject are created and you don’t get a good discussion going. How many threads are created where they end up with 2 to 8 responses while if it had more time on the front page, the majority would actually agree/disagree with it but just haven’t seen it and so improve feedback?
There are so many subjects that end up with no attention from devs/artists/etc simply because they are bare-bones of player feedback?

I bring this up but I do not have any solution to it so I am not saying this is not a good action.

tl;dr: having to bump threads suck.

mouth too blunt, truth too loud

(edited by Kitta.3657)