[Suggestion idea] Pay to balance!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

So here’s an idea, what if A-Net can put a gemstore option sort of kickstarter thing where we pay gems to help finance them balancing the game or adding end-game content, such as hard mode dungeons or any of the other thousands of ideas thrown around.

Same can be done with new professions, races and weapons.

Thoughts?

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

You’re actually asking us to chip in and pay them more, because they’ve failed at their job of making the game enjoyable?

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

You’re actually asking us to chip in and pay them more, because they’ve failed at their job of making the game enjoyable?

You mean grinding for ascended isn’t fun?

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

Posted by: viralthefrog.6130

viralthefrog.6130

I think the game is quite enjoyable, actually.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

But you’re not the one suggesting that we be expected to pay for changes to the game. (Beyond what we’re already, in theory, paying for with the gem store.) And what if they made a change you didn’t like? Would you be expected to pay into a fund to pay them to change it back?

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I find this problematic as well. They already have a balance team. For some reason they really don’t seem to have any clue sometimes about the problems PVE players face on certain classes and they certainly don’t understand the problems pet heavy class builds face.

So basically you want us to pay them more for something they’re already getting paid to do and you think that will improve the situation?

I can understand wanting to do this for more content, but not for balancing.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

im for it something like that may work i would pay for instance raids whit many boses and housing

Gyler.8150

My worry is, since the new season 2 living story is coming, odds of us getting any meaningful permanent content or any improvements to this game in the next 2 years is slight to none.

Since Gem store is the only thing Anet (or NCsoft) cares for, figured its the only way to grab their attention.

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

I didnt know living story had “seasons”. Living story is godawful for the most part in every sense from storytelling to gameplay.

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

Posted by: Windsagio.1340

Windsagio.1340

My worry is, since the new season 2 living story is coming, odds of us getting any meaningful permanent content or any improvements to this game in the next 2 years is slight to none.

Since Gem store is the only thing Anet (or NCsoft) cares for, figured its the only way to grab their attention.

Just posted this in another thread but it applies here too.

Anet has 2 dozen or more small cross-disciplinary teams working in parallel on various things at any given time.

I know you’re just being snarky, but you have to understand that they don’t ‘focus on one thing at a time’ in any way shape or form.

Posted by: viralthefrog.6130

viralthefrog.6130

But you’re not the one suggesting that we be expected to pay for changes to the game. (Beyond what we’re already, in theory, paying for with the gem store.) And what if they made a change you didn’t like? Would you be expected to pay into a fund to pay them to change it back?

Not sure where I indicated that I supported the idea of the OP.
I just made a statement as a reply to yours.

Gyler.8150

Some people buy skins to support. Here we are buying / supporting balance and endgame!

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

When I entered the thread I thought it would be some kind of “pay money for specific changes” thing.

Healing Signet too powerful? Chip in $5 and we’ll knock it down a peg!
Want your PP thief to dominate? Give us $20 and we’ll buff Unload damage by 100%!

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

So here’s an idea, what if A-Net can put a gemstore option sort of kickstarter thing where we pay gems to help finance them balancing the game or adding end-game content, such as hard mode dungeons or any of the other thousands of ideas thrown around.

Same can be done with new professions, races and weapons.

Thoughts?

I had this same idea a while ago. I got attacked because people feel that paying a box fee should have covered all that,,,

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

Why do people think Anet is hurting for money? are you kidding me? This is an MMO, they either get plenty of money and keep working or they don’t and shut down. It’s as simple as that. You people clearly have no idea how much Anet makes from your gem addiction and Anet will never tell you lol and that’s why you keep thinking they need more of your money.

Windsagio.1340

Why do people think Anet is hurting for money? are you kidding me? This is an MMO, they either get plenty of money and keep working or they don’t and shut down. It’s as simple as that. You people clearly have no idea how much Anet makes from your gem addiction and Anet will never tell you lol and that’s why you keep thinking they need more of your money.

It’s not actually a suggestion, it’s ‘funny’.

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

Sorry, I see these so often that they’re not funny any more.

Posted by: Suzu.4193

Suzu.4193

mother of god so it has come down to this ….. yes it is time to move on

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Modern games are much more heavily monetized than games used to be. I don’t think encouraging developers to charge extra for everything under the sun is an initiative I’d want to support.

Windsagio.1340

Modern games are much more heavily monetized than games used to be. I don’t think encouraging developers to charge extra for everything under the sun is an initiative I’d want to support.

Honestly the fans couldn’t design their way out of a shoe as a general rule, you’d have to pay ANET a lot for the right to torpedo their game with half-baked ideas.

Posted by: Nage.1520

Nage.1520

Surely the OP can’t be serious. This has to be some sort of veiled commentary not a serious suggestion.

Allowing for the possibility the OP is serious, ummm no. For one thing, what if you pay for balance and they nerf your profession. I’m sure that would go over well.