Suggestion: independent helmets on outfits

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

I really think we should be able to choose to use normal helmets with costumes. The helmet portion is already separate from the rest of the outfit, since we can choose to toggle it off and have no helmet at all.
I can’t think of any reason why this would not already the case, except that no one felt it was important enough to program in.

I personally dislike a lot of helmets included with outfits, and I also dislike having no helmet at all. It would really be nice to be able to use things like the eyepatch, glowing eyes or face paint when using an outfit.

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

Want GW1 style back, head separate from costume, toggle both on of independent of each others.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The outfits in GW2 are made differently. The helmet portion is not separate from the rest of the outfit; it is merely able to be hidden.

Outfits are designed in a way that assumes that they aren’t mixed and matched with hairstyles, heads, races, or gear. It is that assumption that allows them to be produced more quickly than armor sets.

So not only would it require time to create this feature, it would also require additional time for any future outfit and helmet in the future.

I’d prefer that ANet invest in other aspects of the fashion infrastructure, e.g being able to save a combination of gear as an outfit (or even a 3-6 transmutation charge saved design).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Grimwolf.7163

The outfits in GW2 are made differently. The helmet portion is not separate from the rest of the outfit; it is merely able to be hidden.

Outfits are designed in a way that assumes that they aren’t mixed and matched with hairstyles, heads, races, or gear. It is that assumption that allows them to be produced more quickly than armor sets.

So not only would it require time to create this feature, it would also require additional time for any future outfit and helmet in the future.

I’d prefer that ANet invest in other aspects of the fashion infrastructure, e.g being able to save a combination of gear as an outfit (or even a 3-6 transmutation charge saved design).

Are you being serious with that comment? It can already be mixed with “hairstyles, heads, races”. The only thing missing is “gear”, and I don’t know of any helmets that would cause ridiculous clipping with any of the outfits.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I agree, there should be something added to give us this option. Even if it takes anet some extra time/work to put the effort in. A possible fix could be an extra head slot for Head gear for if/when we are using outfits or some such.

I think it would be worth the time/effort on anet’s part even if it did delay the next costume a little while. Which I doubt it would as it would probably be different people working on the style creation compared to the char equipment page/wardrobe etc.

Benefits:

1 – Happier people who buy costumes.
2 – More incentive for people to buy costumes.
3 – Both above reasons could increase gem purchases for anet.

PS if this happened I would buy the Noble’s outfit and Top Hat as soon as possible, that’s 2 sales right there from me lol.

Oh yeah and it means my Engi would finally be able to use his Gas Mask. Right now there is next to nothing to use with it for that Juggernaut look. But Gas Mask/Iron clad outfit would work perfectly!

I am sure there are many other combos that would work too. Pirate patch etc come to mind….

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

(edited by Paulytnz.7619)

Grimwolf.7163

We already have the ability to toggle the visibility of the outfit on or off. As I see it, all that would need to be done is to create separate toggles for the visibility of the head of the outfit and the body.

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

I, too, wish my character could wear her glasses while wearing an outfit, because as it is now, she’s blind when wearing an outfit.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.