[Suggestion] legendary mats in login rewards

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Arianhod.3485

Arianhod.3485

Hello everyone,
given: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-the-new-daily-achievement-system/
specifically where it says “materials necessary for crafting your legendary weapon (including mystic clovers)”

how would you feel about a reward chest containing a precursor of choice, as a reward for, say, 1 year worth of logins (or 6 months, or 9 or whatever)?

Personally I’d still prefer a (long and winded) scavenger hunt but… wouldn’t say no to this :P

It’s a-me, Aria!

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

For logging in? I want to say no.

Then again, I have been playing since launch and have gotten 0 to drop. So, maybe

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Posted by: Conaywea.5062

Conaywea.5062

yeah so we fill lions arch with twilights and sunrises

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

It would be good as long as the Legendary you make with it and the precursor were account bound on acquire. I really have no clue why ArenaNet haven’t already done this for precursors. That way, unlucky people get the precursor they are after but it doesn’t affect the market by reducing the value of the precursors or legendaries. Not many people would be willing to wait a year to get one. That is evidenced by the fact that people use their credit cards to buy precurors, T-6 mats, and even legendaries.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Account bound precursors from this would crash the market and cause all of the other ingredients for legend arises to skyrocket.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Account bound precursors from this would crash the market and cause all of the other ingredients for legend arises to skyrocket.

Which means way more money for farming them~ I apologize for the snark, but I’ve always been more of a supplier than a buyer. =P

Really though, there’s a limit to what should be a daily reward. I’m squee enough when I get a key or Black Lion salvage kit. I’d rather see daily/weekly rewards for actual tasks.

Huh, there’s an idea. Weekly achievement quests that result in a loot box for account bound Exotic+ gear. Even if it’s not overly useful for a specific character, the salvage alone would be worth it.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

Pls give me leggy every time I log in. I want to get rewarded for doing nothing.

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

Whilst I don’t give a rat’s kitten about the precursor “market” (as I think it needs a good hard crash :P), still, a precursor for just logging in, no matter for how long, isn’t a good idea.

Posted by: Rialen.1524

Rialen.1524

Holy heck, I didn’t know about this update until now. +1 Anet.

Ayrilana.1396

Whilst I don’t give a rat’s kitten about the precursor “market” (as I think it needs a good hard crash :P), still, a precursor for just logging in, no matter for how long, isn’t a good idea.

It would affect much more than the precursor market.

Arianhod.3485

+1 for account bound.

Do you really think that 1 precursor on a year worth of daily logins (which might very well be more than 1 year in actual terms, for most people) would alter the market so much? I… don’t really think so.

About the “let’s get something for doing nothing” reply: yeah we’re getting that already, so why not something that a lot of people would actually go for? :P

It’s a-me, Aria!

Ayrilana.1396

+1 for account bound.

Do you really think that 1 precursor on a year worth of daily logins (which might very well be more than 1 year in actual terms, for most people) would alter the market so much? I… don’t really think so.

About the “let’s get something for doing nothing” reply: yeah we’re getting that already, so why not something that a lot of people would actually go for? :P

What happens when a large percentage of the player base starts getting their precursors a year or so from now?

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

What happens when a large percentage of the player base starts getting their precursors a year or so from now?

The market changes? Crafting goods become worth something? People have to trade the claws and scales they have for the blood they want?

Same thing, different numbers.

Farmers will farm, sell to the market for a very lucrative amount, prices will stabilize, and the absolute value of gold sinks will increase.

Not an economic apocalypse.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

The whole point of this log-in rewards is to bribe you into logging in where you can see the latest gem store sales. They should just cut out the middle-man and have a gem store website with a big quaggan-shaped button that simply transfers money from your bank account to Anet. Why should Anet waste valuable development resources on fun things when they can continue peddling the gem store…

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

+1 for account bound.

Simple, the demand on T6 and lodestones would skyrocket.
Looted Precursors would become as worthy as a common named exotic, so up to 100g-200g at best.
Smart people will earn ridiculous amounts of gold (farm/craft T6 now, store, unleash when the price skyrockets)
Farmers will earn a good amount of gold.
That also increases the number of people capable of Market Manipulation, which causes spike-prizes on unexpected itmes, will eventually increase the gold-inflation rate, therefore up the price for gems even faster and ruin the game for those who started late, and didn’t get their share somewhere else.

That is just a worst-case scenario, but I’m sure a-net will compensate for this with more LS-gold-sinks, if they actually hand out precursors (which is not officially confirmed anywhere, as of yet).

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

Arianhod.3485

I log in daily and don’t feel compelled to buy something from the gem store if I don’t want to (and if I buy something, it’s characters slot when they’re on sale). I don’t see the bribe you talk about.

@Arantheal: the devs haven’t said anything about a precursor, they mention “materials”; mine was just a suggestion, to see if people would like it (but I guess not from what I see )

It’s a-me, Aria!

(edited by Arianhod.3485)