Suggestion : personal training arena

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ThomasC.1056

ThomasC.1056

Hello folks,

I’ve been thinking about a personal training area in home instance for some times, so let’s jump now to details :

Context :

• Theocrafting of builds is a thing some people do and enjoy, and it helps provide new builds ;
  • There’s no real cheap way of testing a build in PvE/WvW ;
  • There’s a way to test builds in PvP with dummies and iconic foes (Svanir etc.) but it’s not fit to PvE/WvW because of amulet system (which has its qualities, but is just different) ;
  • With new episode came new stats that are fairly expensive to farm, and we can hope for new more with upcoming episodes too.

Functionnality :

• Personal training arena is the hologram training arena Taimi sends us to in that episode that leads to Ember Bay ;
  • It’s accessible from home instance ;
  • While in the arena, players are equipped with full ascended gear with selectable prefix + rune + sigil + infusion in each slot
  • Using a console, player can :
    • summon various kind of mobs (icebrood, undead, mordrem, karkas…) from basic to elite level, and select the number of each ;
    • OR summon profession NPC’s like in PvP ;
    • OR summon iconic champions like ABL and DBL lords, fractal bosses…
    • OR summon golem dummies ;
    • AND add environmental effect like agony, raids effects…
  • Then a fight starts. If the player is defeated, the enemies are dismissed and the player is restored.
  • Grouped players can fight together

Expected effects :

• Players won’t need to craft/buy if they have an idea they want to try out ;
  • Making builds testing easier will bring an incentive to try new things, and may therefore provide more diversity in the game ;
  • Knowing a build works and fits one’s playstyle may provide an incentive to farm content to buy the reciepes ;

TL;DR
Make a training arena in home instance where you can set your build just as you wish, and summon enemies on which you can try your skills. It should help players design new builds and therefore, could bring more diversity to builds players are running.

Thanks for reading ! Feel free to comment.

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

FWIW, you can create a squad, and access the “raid” training area all on your lonesome, if you wish.

Posted by: ThomasC.1056

ThomasC.1056

Hello again,

Sorry for bumping my old thread, but it took me longer than expected to have a glimpse at the raid training area.

It doesn’t fit what I’m asking. Sure, you can summon foes, and add some effects, and that’s a nice thing.
Yet, it misses the free stat selection, which is compulsory for a test and training area. PvP roughly has it since you can switch amulet easily, but my idea is for PvE/WvW.

Moreover, considering something close already exists, I think it may be easier to create. Raid training just misses the stat selections. Everything else is fine. Except maybe the need to be in a squad. Raid-wise, it makes sense, but test-wise, it doesn’t.