Suggestion: pets for non-rangers

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Daddicus.6128

Daddicus.6128

How about allowing other professions to have pets? Not fighting pets, but more like miniatures, except you get them the same way Rangers get pets now.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

So…acquire Mini-pets in a non-cost way is the suggestion? I think there are some Mini-pets acquired this way, especially in the new maps.

I understand you probably mean just walking up to a Mini-pet in the wild, and interacting with it. I suppose that would be …ok… but wouldn’t last long as content.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Well, the way rangers get (mini) Pets in the game is to do the hearts, turn the heart guy into a vendor then buy the (mini) Pet. Since all other professions can do that also then it’s already in the game.

:P

However for your suggestion that minis be in the wild and you interact to claim them, just like ranger pets. I don’t think that will work. Not only would the game need to give all professions a new mechanic to claim minis but that content would last as long as a New York Minute, the time it takes for everyone to race to claim them using a guide by Dulfy.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

So, in the not-too-distant-future, everyone can have a mount, pet, and mini? No thanks.

[edit]

Oh, I forgot to add… giant wings and surfboard-sized greatswords.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

pokemon go is that way —-—>

Posted by: Daddicus.6128

Daddicus.6128

I forgot that some actual minipets are just miniature versions of creatures that can be ranger pets. So, I agree with you guys. Thanks!