Suggestion regarding Black Lion Chests

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: robertdq.1497

robertdq.1497

I’m always disappointed about the loot found in Black Lion Chests and I personally never going to buy Black Lion Chest Keys and it seems hard to think someone will buy those be it real money or gold.
So my suggestion is make the loot more appealing and make two types of keys:

• Gold Black Lion Chest Keys that would have a 100% chance at opening the chest
  • Silver Black Lion Chest Keys that would have a x% chance at opening the chest. If unsuccessful then it would brake.

Just an idea

Ket Bones, EU server Seafarer’s Rest

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Pretty sure the keys have 100% chance to open the chests now. They are easily obtainable, if you so desire.

What is the purpose of keys that are not 100% guaranteed to open a chest? I mean, why would we want keys that might not open the chests, when we have ones that absolutely will now?

Edit: I buy keys occasionally, and farm them regularly. I’ve received some nice things, and lots of scraps. =)

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

people do buy them, but I think most people farm the keys, if they did this, they’d take the key from level10 story… dont take my keys T_T

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

The drop rate of the keys used to be a lot better before they added the black lion tickets. They needed to do that to keep the tickets rare. However people can key farm them though the level 10 storyline so …. most people don’t care.

The question is do you want to pay real money for random chance or do you want to spend 30 minutes for random chance of something.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I’d like to see ArenaNet add an unlimited use Black Lion Key that has a 24 hour cool down.

Gem price being 1200 (on the low end) or so.

I’d buy it.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I’d like to see ArenaNet add an unlimited use Black Lion Key that has a 24 hour cool down.

I’d buy it.

Yeah I’d buy one too.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: FrozenStarRo.7240

FrozenStarRo.7240

People are kittened off now for the value of useless items they get with a 125gems key purchase. Now imagine the waves of rage if someone spent 125gems just to get nothing at all, but a say Broken Lockpick http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Broken_Lockpick one could vendor for 2c.

The issue is with the loot-table and how some RNG outputs can be a total waste for someone. I couldn’t count the times I got a combination of the following items: scroll of knowledge, crafting/killstreak booster, essence of luck, mystery tonic. Which are all completely useless to me. Crafting maxxed. Scrolls rain on me everyday, and I don’t even champ train, just from dungeon chests. Killstreak I’m not even gonna go there, it’s that bad. Essence of luck should have never been added to the loot pool in the first place.

If they kept the more valuable items and added some more exclusive items apart from the occassional LW miniature for limited time, more people would buy them for sure.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

The drop rate of the keys used to be a lot better before they added the black lion tickets. They needed to do that to keep the tickets rare. However people can key farm them though the level 10 storyline so …. most people don’t care.

The question is do you want to pay real money for random chance or do you want to spend 30 minutes for random chance of something.

People keep saying that keys dropped like rain the first month I really don’t believe it. I have not to this day gotten a key as a drop and I started with the headstart.

Posted by: RitLew.1954

RitLew.1954

I’d buy it.

Yeah I’d buy one too.

The only problem I have with that, is that it would take 15 days for it to have it be better than buying real keys (which is cheap), and it also creates another “come back everyday to do something once per day” mechanic.

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

What the OP is suggesting is a in-game key drop (and green rarity) that doesn’t always work: like lock picks in GW 1. (It was base 10% in HM)

Then we can have titles that serve a function again like our lucky and unlucky and our salvage titles.

And the Gem store only keys (what we have now) are 100% open chance.

I’m all for this, yet the key farming will have to stop in order for them to implement this.

If the lock pick breaks, you get returned a 50c junk item “Broken Black Lion Key” like unidentified items.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.